Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roger Goodell, should he resign?

+4
milani
George1963
throttleplate
JnC4GB
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Roger Goodell, should he resign? Empty Roger Goodell, should he resign?

Post by JnC4GB Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:24 pm

If it is found, as many are saying today, that the NFL office had previously viewed the Rice Rice elevator footage, should Rodger Goodell resign (or be forced to)?
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Roger Goodell, should he resign? Empty Re: Roger Goodell, should he resign?

Post by throttleplate Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:31 pm

he should be forced to play inside linebacker for one series for the packers
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:30 pm

JnC4GB wrote:If it is found, as many are saying today, that the NFL office had previously viewed the Rice Rice elevator footage, should Rodger Goodell resign (or be forced to)?

What evidence is there that he did view the tape in advance?  It looks to me like something stirred up by the butt-hurt crowd...  If it can be proven that he did indeed view the footage--then yes--he should be removed from his role, but not because he handed down too lenient a suspension to Rice--but because he LIED about what evidence he had access to in bringing the adjudication.  You can't have someone in a leadership role on that level whose integrity is suspect...

Kraft “would be shocked” if Rice ever plays in the NFL again
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 9, 2014, 12:09 PM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AP

Ravens running back [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is done in the NFL, according to Patriots owner Robert Kraft.
Kraft said on CBS This Morning that he can’t imagine any NFL owner being willing to have Rice on his team after seeing the video of Rice beating up his wife.
“Well, I don’t think he will play another NFL game,” Kraft said. “[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if some team would pick him up.”
But while Kraft was outraged at the Rice video, he isn’t joining in the widespread outrage at Roger Goodell’s too-slow reaction to the Rice case. Kraft said Goodell did everything he could with the information he had.
“He had no knowledge of this video,” Kraft said. “The way he has handled this situation himself, coming out with the mea culpa in his statement a couple weeks ago, or ten days ago, and setting a very clear policy of how we conduct ourselves in the NFL, I thought was excellent. Anyone who is second guessing that doesn’t know him.”
Of course, it’s fair to ask why Goodell hadn’t seen the video. If the NFL had done a more thorough investigation, Goodell would have seen the video. And instead of praising Goodell for his mea culpa regarding the initial two-game suspension, why not criticize Goodell for having to deliver that mea culpa in the first place?
Those are the questions being asked outside the NFL, but Goodell’s bosses — the owners — still approve of the job he’s doing. The NFL is more profitable than ever, and as long as Goodell doesn’t do anything that changes that fact, Kraft and his fellow owners will embrace Goodell. Even if they know Goodell screwed up in his handling of Rice.
This, however, I think on it's face is extreme.  What Rice did was plainly wrong to anyone with eyes.  However, this country was founded on the second chance and giving people the opportunity to redeem themselves from their mistakes.  In addition, let's not deny the fact that his girlfriend was swinging at him in the altercation as well and had made a slapping motion at him that was unclear if it had connected outside of the elevator before they even entered.  The reality is--the man is almost always the one who is going to look bad in these situations and the woman generally gets the free pass.  Just one of the many double standards that society proliferates and it is very unclear in the video who swung or made an aggressive move first.  Once the punishment is handed down and served--like anyone else, Rice should have the opportunity to redeem himself and continue his career.   Never is physical violence justified going either way--but let's be real--the woman in this footage is far from an innocent bystander and should be accountable for her role/actions in it as much as Rice is...

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:21 pm

JnC4GB wrote:If it is found, as many are saying today, that the NFL office had previously viewed the Rice Rice elevator footage, should Rodger Goodell resign (or be forced to)?
No. If it's found that he's now lying about having seen it then yea. He should be fired for that.
He should also be on thin ice right now for his inconsistancy in the whole thing.
After the public backlash over the two game suspension he realized he screwed up and put in a policy. Six games the first time, indefinite if it happens again. Fine.
My question is, and I don't want it to seem like I'm in anyway defending Rice, why did he get second offender punishment? 
Why even give him anymore punishment at all? You knew what had happened when you gave him the two games even if you hadn't seen the elevator video.
If Goody's ignoring his own brand new policy and making decisions strictly for PR purposes how much of a leader can he really be?
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:25 pm

_HD_ wrote:

What evidence is there that he did view the tape in advance?  It looks to me like something stirred up by the butt-hurt crowd...  If it can be proven that he did indeed view the footage--then yes--he should be removed from his role, but not because he handed down too lenient a suspension to Rice--but because he LIED about what evidence he had access to in bringing the adjudication.  You can't have someone in a leadership role on that level whose integrity is suspect...

AP

Ravens running back [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is done in the NFL, according to Patriots owner Robert Kraft.
Kraft said on CBS This Morning that he can’t imagine any NFL owner being willing to have Rice on his team after seeing the video of Rice beating up his wife.
“Well, I don’t think he will play another NFL game,” Kraft said. “[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if some team would pick him up.”
Two words for Bob Kraft;
Corey Dillon.

Friggin' hypocrite.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:03 pm

George1963 wrote:
No. If it's found that he's now lying about having seen it then yea. He should be fired for that.
He should also be on thin ice right now for his inconsistancy in the whole thing.
After the public backlash over the two game suspension he realized he screwed up and put in a policy. Six games the first time, indefinite if it happens again. Fine.
My question is, and I don't want it to seem like I'm in anyway defending Rice, why did he get second offender punishment? 
Why even give him anymore punishment at all? You knew what had happened when you gave him the two games even if you hadn't seen the elevator video.
If Goody's ignoring his own brand new policy and making decisions strictly for PR purposes how much of a leader can he really be?

Very valid point...

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:17 pm

throttleplate wrote:he should be forced to play inside linebacker for one series for the packers

Or sit with Jerry Jones during a Cowboy game.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:29 pm

_HD_ wrote:

AP

But while Kraft was outraged at the Rice video, he isn’t joining in the widespread outrage at Roger Goodell’s too-slow reaction to the Rice case. Kraft said Goodell did everything he could with the information he had.
“He had no knowledge of this video,” Kraft said. “The way he has handled this situation himself, coming out with the mea culpa in his statement a couple weeks ago, or ten days ago, and setting a very clear policy of how we conduct ourselves in the NFL, I thought was excellent. Anyone who is second guessing that doesn’t know him.”
Of course, it’s fair to ask why Goodell hadn’t seen the video. If the NFL had done a more thorough investigation, Goodell would have seen the video. And instead of praising Goodell for his mea culpa regarding the initial two-game suspension, why not criticize Goodell for having to deliver that mea culpa in the first place?
Those are the questions being asked outside the NFL, but Goodell’s bosses — the owners — still approve of the job he’s doing. The NFL is more profitable than ever, and as long as Goodell doesn’t do anything that changes that fact, Kraft and his fellow owners will embrace Goodell. Even if they know Goodell screwed up in his handling of Rice.
This, however, I think on it's face is extreme.  What Rice did was plainly wrong to anyone with eyes.  However, this country was founded on the second chance and giving people the opportunity to redeem themselves from their mistakes.  In addition, let's not deny the fact that his girlfriend was swinging at him in the altercation as well and had made a slapping motion at him that was unclear if it had connected outside of the elevator before they even entered.  The reality is--the man is almost always the one who is going to look bad in these situations and the woman generally gets the free pass.  Just one of the many double standards that society proliferates and it is very unclear in the video who swung or made an aggressive move first.  Once the punishment is handed down and served--like anyone else, Rice should have the opportunity to redeem himself and continue his career.   Never is physical violence justified going either way--but let's be real--the woman in this footage is far from an innocent bystander and should be accountable for her role/actions in it as much as Rice is...
 The man is a professional athlete.  He is Obviously physically MUCH larger than she. NO matter what she said or did... he should not have hit her as he did. We are not talking about a slap here.... no... he deserves what he got. For those that said she went ahead and married him... there is a huge problem with women like her... they are trapped in what THEY think & feel. They are mentally & emotionally browbeaten to the point the will NOT resist for fear. While I can think he most likely did not intend for the actions to occur... they did, and he deserves the appropriate punishment.  If you don't think that- maybe you can justify a murder, because they didn't mean it?  The victim was asking for it because they argued with them, huh? I'm not arguing with YOU... but do strongly disagree with the idea you conveyed.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:15 pm

I understand what you're saying. I was a police officer most of my adult life and people I dealt with always dictated themselves how they were treated through their actions. I have gotten physical with women.
Here's the but;
There's a whole bunch of ways to deal with a 130 lb woman (or man for that matter) coming at you short of hooking them. 
Rice was not defending himself, he committed a criminal act.
Her actions don't change that.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:39 pm

Admin wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

AP

The man is a professional athlete.  He is Obviously physically MUCH larger than she. NO matter what she said or did... he should not have hit her as he did. We are not talking about a slap here.... no... he deserves what he got. For those that said she went ahead and married him... there is a huge problem with women like her... they are trapped in what THEY think & feel. They are mentally & emotionally browbeaten to the point the will NOT resist for fear. While I can think he most likely did not intend for the actions to occur... they did, and he deserves the appropriate punishment.  If you don't think that- maybe you can justify a murder, because they didn't mean it?  The victim was asking for it because they argued with them, huh? I'm not arguing with YOU... but do strongly disagree with the idea you conveyed.

I'm not sure what windmills you're chasing here...but I do believe I made it clear that (A)  What Rice did was clearly wrong and never justified...but also that the woman in that video has some accountability to accept when she clearly was also administering aggressive, violent behavior...  Beyond that--I've never been around this type of behavior nor it's culture--so I can't respond intelligently to your other comments...

The only idea I conveyed is that I think it's contrary to the american ideal to perpetually punish someone for a single mistake.  Punishment is allotted, the sentence served and redemption can be earned by those willing to earn it.  Blackballing someone forever for a single mistake is something only rightfully administered by he/she who is infallible--otherwise it can only be a hypocrite on their ten-thousandth second chance one way or the other, like you/I and everyone else who is condemning them.  2nd time-yeah--block 'em and overboard.  1st time--everybody who isn't perfect is entitled to a chance to make things right...  You disagree?  Fine.  That's also your right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:47 pm

George1963 wrote:This, however, I think on it's face is extreme.  What Rice did was plainly wrong to anyone with eyes.  However, this country was founded on the second chance and giving people the opportunity to redeem themselves from their mistakes.  In addition, let's not deny the fact that his girlfriend was swinging at him in the altercation as well and had made a slapping motion at him that was unclear if it had connected outside of the elevator before they even entered.  The reality is--the man is almost always the one who is going to look bad in these situations and the woman generally gets the free pass.  Just one of the many double standards that society proliferates and it is very unclear in the video who swung or made an aggressive move first.  Once the punishment is handed down and served--like anyone else, Rice should have the opportunity to redeem himself and continue his career.   Never is physical violence justified going either way--but let's be real--the woman in this footage is far from an innocent bystander and should be accountable for her role/actions in it as much as Rice is...

I understand what you're saying. I was a police officer most of my adult life and people I dealt with always dictated themselves how they were treated through their actions. I have gotten physical with women.
Here's the but;
There's a whole bunch of ways to deal with a 130 lb woman (or man for that matter) coming at you short of hooking them. 
Rice was not defending himself, he committed a criminal act.
Her actions don't change that.

Quite true.  By law, she also manifested what is defined as Assault outside of the elevator...  The bottom line is it is a weak person--male, female--it makes no difference, who will resort to physical violence to make their point.  It's ghetto.  As far as I'm concerned--they deserve each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:03 am

A word of friendly advice.
Find a word other than "ghetto" to describe those who resort to physical violence. At best it shows a narrow viewpoint; at worst it shows a racist mindset.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:36 am

JnC4GB wrote:A word of friendly advice.
Find a word other than "ghetto" to describe those who resort to physical violence. At best it shows a narrow viewpoint; at worst it shows a racist mindset.

No--actually it reflects your own racism if you wittingly or unwittingly attach race to the term...for it is suggestive that you believe only those in the ghetto are of a certain race.  Ghettos are filled with a melting pot of humanity...  I make no racial connotation in the use of the term.  If you choose to take one--that's your issue, my friend... Remember--race is only an issue to those who are racist.  I never think about it.

Thanks, however, for your friendly attempt to educate me.  I will have a fish taco served steps off the water for you to reward your effort.  I generally choose my words carefully and, short of sharing with you my SAT scores, am typically pretty decently clued in to what each of them mean...   Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:10 pm

Narcissism is not a "Get Out of Jail Free" card, my friend.

Now, taking you at your word that you hold zero racial connotation to the word "ghetto" --despite that history shows here you have only used it when the subject at hand involved African Americans (Rice, his wife, and Kaepernick's tattoos and style of hat wearing), how colorless you feel the term is to you personally is outside of how the term is perceived BY THE VAST MAJORITY. And that matters.

To communicate effectively, we have to take into account of how we are being perceived by the majority of our audience. 

Of course, you know this. And if you wish to play the "I know you are but what am I?" card, Pee Wee, that's your call.
Like I said, it was friendly advice.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:45 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Narcissism is not a "Get Out of Jail Free" card, my friend.

Now, taking you at your word that you hold zero racial connotation to the word "ghetto" --despite that history shows here you have only used it when the subject at hand involved African Americans (Rice, his wife, and Kaepernick's tattoos and style of hat wearing), how colorless you feel the term is to you personally is outside of how the term is perceived BY THE VAST MAJORITY. And that matters.

To communicate effectively, we have to take into account of how we are being perceived by the majority of our audience. 

Of course, you know this. And if you wish to play the "I know you are but what am I?" card, Pee Wee, that's your call.
Like I said, it was friendly advice.

Full Definition of GHETTO

:  a quarter of a city in which Jews were formerly required to live
:  a quarter of a city in which members of a minority group live especially because of social, legal, or economic pressure
a :  an isolated group 

b :  a situation that resembles a ghetto especially in conferring inferior status or limiting opportunity 
[You must be
registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] See ghetto defined for English-language learners »
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]See ghetto defined for kids »

Examples of GHETTO

[list="content collapsed-list"]
[*]He grew up in the ghetto.
[/list]

Origin of GHETTO

Italian, from Venetian dialect ghèto island where Jews were forced to live, literally, foundry (located on the island), fromghetàr to cast, from Latin jactare to throw — more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
First Known Use: 1611

2ghetto

verb

Definition of GHETTO

transitive verb
:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]ghettoize

First Known Use of GHETTO

ghetto

noun    (Concise Encyclopedia)

Formerly, a street or quarter of a city set apart as a legally enforced residential area for Jews. Forced segregation of Jews spread throughout Europe in the 14th–15th centuries. Ghettos were customarily enclosed with walls and gates and kept locked at night and during Christian festivals. Since outward expansion was usually impossible, most ghettos grew upward; congestion, fire hazards, and unsanitary conditions often resulted. Ghettos were abolished in western Europe in the 19th century; those revived by the [url=http://www.merriam-webster.com/concise/Nazi Party]Nazi Party[/url] (see[url=http://www.merriam-webster.com/concise/Warsaw Ghetto Uprising]Warsaw Ghetto Uprising[/url]) were overcrowded holding places preliminary to extermination. More recently, the term ghetto has been applied to impoverished urban areas exclusively settled by a minority group or groups and perpetuated by economic and social pressures rather than legal and physical measures.

As your friend, please kindly accept my friendly offering here to bring your narrow, racist african-american definition  of the term *ghetto* into a broader, more worldly context and further understand--just because you racially misinterpret a term--that doesn't make the purveyor of that term necessarily wrong in it's application.  That's just WAY narcissistic, son...   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:40 pm

You're 100% full of it, dude.

But whatever gets you through the night, man...
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:45 pm

JnC4GB wrote:You're 100% full of it, dude.

But whatever gets you through the night, man...

Right on Cliffy!   Your standard sign-off to confirm you're walking away--balls firmly cupped in hand...   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:47 pm

I'm right here, ...and you're still full of it.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:20 pm

JnC4GB wrote:I'm right here, ...and you're still full of it.

...then rebut Miriam Webster--if you can--rather than retreat while annointing yourself the winner, eh?  You made a claim...  At least have the wrinkly sack to admit your definition of the term is racist (while hypocritically suggesting my use of the term is) when the term clearly is unrelated to race as defined by Miriam-baby (just as I used it) or try to credibly defend it--if you can, eh?

Ghetto doesn't mean *black* dude.  Accept this opportunity to grow and learn.  There are white ghettos, black ghettos, Cuban ghettos, Hmong ghettos, Mexican ghettos and ghettos that are a mixture of all the aforementioned.  THE TERM *GHETTO* IS NOT DEFINED BY RACE.  The term *Ghetto* IS defined by disadvantaged socio-economic stature. Can you admit your error and apologize like a man for your friendly suggestion that I am what YOU displayed?   Go ahead, Clifford...  Try it.  This could be very liberating for you...    Cool

Last edited by _HD_ on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:38 pm

_HD_ wrote:

...then rebutt Miriam Webster--if you can--rather than retreat while annointing yourself the winner, eh?  You made a claim...  At least have the wrinkly sack to admit your definition of the term is racist (while hypocritically suggesting my use of the term is) when the term clearly is unrelated to race as defined by Miriam-baby (just as I used it) or try to credibly defend it--if you can, eh?

Ghetto doesn't mean *black* dude.  Accept this opportunity to grow and learn.  There are white ghettos, black ghettos, Cuban ghettos, Hmong ghettos, Mexican ghettos and ghettos that are a mixture of all the aforementioned.  THE TERM *GHETTO* IS UNRELATED TO RACE.  The term *Ghetto* IS related to socio-economic stature.  Can you admit your error and apologize like a man for your friendly suggestion that I am what YOU displayed?   Go ahead, Clifford...  Try it.  This could be very liberating for you...    Cool
Not that I give a shit, (and believe me) I really don't. But you do realize that at rate your going (other than a comatose Ringo), you will be the only poster on this board by seasons end. ....just an observation bro...

I think the term-- megalomaniac-- applies here...whether you're right or wrong makes little difference,,,,it's your sweet and loving win at all cost approach that's getting the 'standing ovation' (???),,, ya dig?

Sorry, just couldn't help myself from weighing in...ok ok..I know, let the shit fly...have a ball.

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:44 pm

Thor11 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

...then rebutt Miriam Webster--if you can--rather than retreat while annointing yourself the winner, eh?  You made a claim...  At least have the wrinkly sack to admit your definition of the term is racist (while hypocritically suggesting my use of the term is) when the term clearly is unrelated to race as defined by Miriam-baby (just as I used it) or try to credibly defend it--if you can, eh?

Ghetto doesn't mean *black* dude.  Accept this opportunity to grow and learn.  There are white ghettos, black ghettos, Cuban ghettos, Hmong ghettos, Mexican ghettos and ghettos that are a mixture of all the aforementioned.  THE TERM *GHETTO* IS UNRELATED TO RACE.  The term *Ghetto* IS related to socio-economic stature.  Can you admit your error and apologize like a man for your friendly suggestion that I am what YOU displayed?   Go ahead, Clifford...  Try it.  This could be very liberating for you...    Cool
Not that I give a shit, (and believe me) I really don't. But you do realize that at rate your going (other that a comatose Ringo), you will be the only poster on this board by seasons end. ....just an observation bro...

I think the term-- megalomaniac-- applies here...whether you're right or wrong makes little difference,,,,it's your sweet and loving win at all cost approach that's getting the 'standing ovation' (???),,, ya dig?

Sorry, just couldn't help myself from weighing in...ok ok..I know, let the shit fly...have a ball.

Thor

Laughing   Nah, Thor...  Cliffy can take it.  He doesn't come here for the full-body rub with the happy-ending...

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Oh, you're serious?

This is the hole you've dug yourself by playing the internet troll game too many times. Like the little boy who cried "wolf", how can you ever be taken seriously? Especially when what you are arguing here is so plainly ignorant and self serving?

But oooooookay, one last trip around the merry-go-round then.

You write:
THE TERM *GHETTO* IS UNRELATED TO RACE.  The term *Ghetto* IS related to socio-economic stature.

But you reference and highlight the dictionary definition stating:

More recently, the term ghetto has been applied to impoverished urban areas exclusively settled by a minority group or groups and perpetuated by economic and social pressures

Now, you could argue that the terms "race" and "minority group" are completely unrelated terms.
You argue that Kaepernick's wearing his hat to the side and tattoos convince you that he is "ghetto trash" but that has nothing to do with race.
You argue that anyone who advises you to maybe use a different term than "ghetto" when describing the domestic violence between the Rice's as it makes you sound at minimum shallow and at worst racist is actually themselves racist.

You could put the tip of your pinky finger to the corner of your mouth and say that in reference to these things you were talking about generic, colorless POOR people when you use the word "ghetto" not inner city black people.

And some might believe you.
But many, many, many, many many other people would believe you are either A) a bullshitter B) an idiot, or C) both.

Now, back to the beginning of this...I didn't call you any of those things. I only offered you some friendly advice. You know, a tip?

Ah, well. I should have known better.

More to the point, I've enjoyed having you on this board for a long time now. Your smarts, humor, fun snark and energy made it very easy to forgive you your dark side. After all, some of the favorite people in my life have been assholes and sociopaths. Sadly, though, as these types of people tend to do, all of them eventually became more and more of a bad thing to be around --resulting in them becoming things of the past. 

So must it be with you, too. 

Good luck, take care, and farewell, old friend. I honestly wish you the best, but it's time for me to move on.   

To everyone else on the board, it's been a blast.

Sincerely,

JnC4B 

Go Pack go  Cool
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:06 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Oh, you're serious?

This is the hole you've dug yourself by playing the internet troll game too many times. Like the little boy who cried "wolf", how can you ever be taken seriously? Especially when what you are arguing here is so plainly ignorant and self serving?

You write:
THE TERM *GHETTO* IS UNRELATED TO RACE.  The term *Ghetto* IS related to socio-economic stature.

More recently, the term ghetto has been applied to impoverished urban areas exclusively settled by a minority group or groups and perpetuated by economic and social pressures

Now, you could argue that the terms "race" and "minority group" are completely unrelated terms.
You argue that Kaepernick's wearing his hat to the side and tattoos convince you that he is "ghetto trash" but that has nothing to do with race.
You argue that anyone who advises you to maybe use a different term than "ghetto" when describing the domestic violence between the Rice's as it makes you sound at minimum shallow and at worst racist is actually themselves racist.

You could put the tip of your pinky finger to the corner of your mouth and say that in reference to these things you were talking about generic, colorless POOR people when you use the word "ghetto" not inner city black people.

But many, many, many, many many other people would believe you are either A) a bullshitter B) an idiot, or C) both.

Now, back to the beginning of this...I didn't call you any of those things. I only offered you some friendly advice. You know, a tip?

More to the point, I've enjoyed having you on this board for a long time now. Your smarts, humor, fun snark and energy made it very easy to forgive you your dark side. After all, some of the favorite people in my life have been assholes and sociopaths. Sadly, though, as these types of people tend to do, all of them eventually became more and more of a bad thing to be around --resulting in them becoming things of the past. 

Good luck, take care, and farewell, old friend. I honestly wish you the best, but it's time for me to move on.   

Sincerely,

JnC4B 

Go Pack go  Cool
Ok then...

Well... I told ya so HD...one down,,, etc.

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by KBen Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:49 pm

You write:

Sincerely,

JnC4B 

Go Pack go  Cool

KBen
KBen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:03 pm

You write:

Sincerely,

JnC4B 

Go Pack go  Cool

...as it must be for those who so like to heat up the kitchen--but not so much when they have lost control of the flame, eh?   Laughing

I'll miss you, my friend.  You really should not take this shit so seriously and learn to better take what you dish.  It's all in good fun--ya know?  Even when you can't always eat the bear...   Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next