Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raji Torn Up

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Raji Torn Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Raji Torn Up

Post by duck Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:51 am

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:Like I said Duck--it's there if it's important for you to find it...  Two minutes and I can see that Football outsiders had GB #1 in the league in, I think, 2012 and #3 in the league last year among finishing among the top in other recent years.  You're the one disputing my claim.  Prove me wrong if you care to rather than whining like a little bitch because I won't do your work for you...  I've got a cherry bar to build.  

The team with the most injuries in the league over the past FOUR years

Yes--it was stated in, I believe, a Press Gazette or JS article...  Try to google it...

I'm certainly not going to take the time to do the math myself.

Like I said--it makes no difference to me whether you believe it or not...

I won't do your work for you...

Well HD, thanks for taking time away from your cherry bar to attempt to back up your initial assertion that Green Bay was "the team with the most injuries in the league over the past FOUR years."  I see you've scaled that down to Football Outsiders (in some vague rating system) rating the Packers in injuries #1 one year, #3 in another and "among the top" in other years.

Maybe your reduced claim is true.  Maybe your initial assertion is true.  As I said, I don't necessarily disbelieve either.  The Packers have been hammered by injuries ever since 2010.

It just makes me raise my eyebrow when you make bold assertions like this (and TT's offer to Jennings) without having proper documentation... or feeling like you even need to go through the indignity of providing such.

I see...  Your problem, therefore, isn't in the veracity of the claim--it's in the process, eh?  If your world the only truths require proof to be so...  It's flawed reasoning, Duck.  Maybe JnC is right about Stanford...

If I boldly say the sky is blue and offer nothing in the way of support--does that impact the reality in truth of what color the sky really is?  You can sit there and, refusing to look up into the sky say, well--maybe your assertion is true, I don't necessarily disbelieve it--but until you cite your sources, I simply cannot believe it...

Fuck--Duck...you should have been a math teacher 'cause this is what people like me do when you sing your song...  Laughing 

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NqpNQ9AJYgU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's fine and dandy, HD. The problem is, you often say that the sky is green or orange... and offer nothing in support.

Too much ice fishing, St. Stefanus, or 100 mph rides on LSD??

Confide in us. We're your friends. We can help you work through this troublesome time.  Very Happy 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:55 pm

In talking to a number of fans they seem to agree that this may open the door to find a way to bring Jolly back for one more. Or even Pickett. That obviously does not solve the issue. But it does give us a body that knows our team and could help til next season. Sherman wisely brought the Gravedigger back for one more which helped us get to the post season.

Last edited by milani on Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:59 pm

milani wrote:In talking to a number of fans the agree that this may open the door to find a way to bring Jolly back for one more.

jolley had neck surgery and is old,packers dont need jolly,the solution is boyd,pennel and guion all on the roster.Get over the old retreads like jolly
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:14 pm

throttleplate wrote:
milani wrote:In talking to a number of fans the agree that this may open the door to find a way to bring Jolly back for one more.

jolley had neck surgery and is old,packers dont need jolly,the solution is boyd,pennel and guion all on the roster.Get over the old retreads like jolly

I agree. There is now a window of opportunity for some of the young guys to step up and fill the vacancies left by Raji, Barclay and Tretter.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:36 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:Like I said Duck--it's there if it's important for you to find it...  Two minutes and I can see that Football outsiders had GB #1 in the league in, I think, 2012 and #3 in the league last year among finishing among the top in other recent years.  You're the one disputing my claim.  Prove me wrong if you care to rather than whining like a little bitch because I won't do your work for you...  I've got a cherry bar to build.  

Yes--it was stated in, I believe, a Press Gazette or JS article...  Try to google it...

Well HD, thanks for taking time away from your cherry bar to attempt to back up your initial assertion that Green Bay was "the team with the most injuries in the league over the past FOUR years."  I see you've scaled that down to Football Outsiders (in some vague rating system) rating the Packers in injuries #1 one year, #3 in another and "among the top" in other years.

Maybe your reduced claim is true.  Maybe your initial assertion is true.  As I said, I don't necessarily disbelieve either.  The Packers have been hammered by injuries ever since 2010.

It just makes me raise my eyebrow when you make bold assertions like this (and TT's offer to Jennings) without having proper documentation... or feeling like you even need to go through the indignity of providing such.

I see...  Your problem, therefore, isn't in the veracity of the claim--it's in the process, eh?  If your world the only truths require proof to be so...  It's flawed reasoning, Duck.  Maybe JnC is right about Stanford...

If I boldly say the sky is blue and offer nothing in the way of support--does that impact the reality in truth of what color the sky really is?  You can sit there and, refusing to look up into the sky say, well--maybe your assertion is true, I don't necessarily disbelieve it--but until you cite your sources, I simply cannot believe it...

Fuck--Duck...you should have been a math teacher 'cause this is what people like me do when you sing your song...  Laughing 

That's fine and dandy, HD.  The problem is, you often say that the sky is green or orange... and offer nothing in support.

Confide in us.  We're your friends.  We can help you work through this troublesome time.   Very Happy 

Laughing  Blah Blah Blah, Duck...  I made a claim and stand by it.  If you'd like to draw issue with it--then get off your ass spandexed ass and come up with something to refute it and I'll stand corrected.  Otherwise STFU, huh?  See how that works in the real world?   Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:59 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NqpNQ9AJYgU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's fine and dandy, HD.  The problem is, you often say that the sky is green or orange... and offer nothing in support.

Confide in us.  We're your friends.  We can help you work through this troublesome time.   Very Happy 

Laughing  Blah Blah Blah, Duck...  I made a claim and stand by it.  If you'd like to draw issue with it--then get off your ass spandexed ass and come up with something to refute it and I'll stand corrected.  Otherwise STFU, huh?  See how that works in the real world?   Cool 

Translation: I'll say whatever the fuck I want but I don't need to cite my sources. It's everyone else's job to prove me wrong.  cheers 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:23 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Translation:  I'll say whatever the fuck I want but I don't need to cite my sources.  It's everyone else's job to prove me wrong.   cheers 

That's mostly correct, Duck...  It wasn't always that way--believe me.  That's the benefit enjoyed through a lifetime of diligently-fortified credibility.  Any slapdick can be wanton to question you for a whole range of reasons mostly having nothing to do with the issue at hand.  You want to challenge something I've stated--then refute it.  I'll be the first to congratulate you if you can and bring a degree of wisdom to my obviously dumb ass.  I'm not shy about being straightforward in my meaning and I don't make a habit of pulling shit from my ass...  

They don't pay me to be wrong and I'd say 90% of it all is purely intuitive.  I'm not always right--but most often when I've been wrong in the past, it's because I didn't listen to myself and call my own number at the betting window...

Again, with regard to the injury statistic I stated--I honestly don't recall the source...but I rarely ever do.  If I read it and stored it in my mind as credible fact...then I would have had to have well considered to what degree it was credible and for that to have come out green to be stored as such.  From there, I just don't have room in my fucking mind to clutter it with bullshit like secondary sources.  If it's there, I own it.  I'm the source...   Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:24 am

Translation: I'll say whatever the fuck I want but I don't need to cite my sources. It's everyone else's job to prove me wrong. cheers

That's mostly correct, Duck... It wasn't always that way--believe me. That's the benefit enjoyed through a lifetime of diligently-fortified credibility. Any slapdick can be wanton to question you for a whole range of reasons mostly having nothing to do with the issue at hand. You want to challenge something I've stated--then refute it. I'll be the first to congratulate you if you can and bring a degree of wisdom to my obviously dumb ass. I'm not shy about being straightforward in my meaning and I don't make a habit of pulling shit from my ass...

They don't pay me to be wrong and I'd say 90% of it all is purely intuitive. I'm not always right--but most often when I've been wrong in the past, it's because I didn't listen to myself and call my own number at the betting window...

Again, with regard to the injury statistic I stated--I honestly don't recall the source...but I rarely ever do. If I read it and stored it in my mind as credible fact...then I would have had to have well considered to what degree it was credible and for that to have come out green to be stored as such. From there, I just don't have room in my fucking mind to clutter it with bullshit like secondary sources. If it's there, I own it. I'm the source...
Wink

Seriously, HD. I like you. You're entertaining and you have a good mind. But you're as slippery as an eel.

This hubris about how you are not obligated to cite your sources because, well, because you're very intuitive and feel you've established enough credibility already... is utter bullshit. ESPECIALLY when you've been known to nitpick others over finely-worded nuanced points.

And you accused me of intellectual laziness? Sheesh. Evil or Very Mad
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2