Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raji Torn Up

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Raji Torn Up Empty Raji Torn Up

Post by milani Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:18 pm

Looks like our nose guard may have played his last down for us. Chance for a new career for one of the unsung.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Raji Torn Up Empty Re: Raji Torn Up

Post by duck Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:30 pm

milani wrote:Looks like our nose guard may have played his last down for us. Chance for a new career for one of the unsung.

Bummer. He was looking good.

That's another injury for us... and it won't be the last. You can bet the house that by the end of the season we'll lose another 8-10 players. Just hope that none of them are named Rodgers, Matthews or Peppers.

Of course the same shit is happening to other teams around the league. That's football. And that's why depth is so important.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:09 pm

Not seeing much in the way of depth behind Raji.

This loss will hurt. With luck Ted will find us something to help clog the middle, but like I said, this loss will hurt.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:35 pm

duck wrote:
milani wrote:Looks like our nose guard may have played his last down for us. Chance for a new career for one of the unsung.

Bummer.  He was looking good.

That's another injury for us... and it won't be the last.  You can bet the house that by the end of the season we'll lose another 8-10 players.  Just hope that none of them are named Rodgers, Matthews or Peppers.

Of course the same shit is happening to other teams around the league.  That's football.  And that's why depth is so important.

The team with the most injuries in the league over the past FOUR years predictably continues the trend and some STILL just attribute it all to merely bad luck...  Sad--yes...but I can find humor in most anything... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:44 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

That's another injury for us... and it won't be the last.  You can bet the house that by the end of the season we'll lose another 8-10 players.  Just hope that none of them are named Rodgers, Matthews or Peppers.

Of course the same shit is happening to other teams around the league.  That's football.  And that's why depth is so important.

The team with the most injuries in the league over the past FOUR years predictably continues the trend and some STILL just attribute it all to merely bad luck...  Sad--yes...but I can find humor in most anything... Laughing

Do you have any hard facts to back up that assertion?

You might be right... from the viewpoint of a Packer fan it certainly seems that way, doesn't it? But I'm sure the fans of most other teams feel like they've been hard hit too.

Just wondering if there's any solid objective information on this.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:12 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Not seeing much in the way of depth behind Raji.

This loss will hurt. With luck Ted will find us something to help clog the middle, but like I said, this loss will hurt.

Not very likely that TT can find someone of any significance at this point in time. I know he was able to pluck up Benson in 2012 to fill a hole. But that was short lived. Now our Achilles will be run defense. Look for teams to pound us instead of just going down the field.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:23 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Yeah, this isn't luck anymore... we've been the most injured team in the league for forever and it shows no signs of slowing up. It's hard to make an assertion because we don't know shit from behind our laptops, but you'd have to think that this team is doing something wrong somehow.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:30 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

You might be right... from the viewpoint of a Packer fan it certainly seems that way, doesn't it?  But I'm sure the fans of most other teams feel like they've been hard hit too.

Yes--it was stated in, I believe, a Press Gazette or JS article...  Try to google it...   Fatty should be executed for criminal idiocy for fostering the injuries he does in the name of reducing them...  Rolling Eyes 

As far as Raji goes--holy shit...  He turns down a $40M deal averaging $8M/per...only to have to settle for a one year deal at $4M, of which he'll now only see $3.1M...and next year he'll be looking at the league minimum--that is, if he isn't so obese by then that he doesn't require a doublewide to get around in...

As NFL players go--a class act, too...  Too bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:55 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

You might be right... from the viewpoint of a Packer fan it certainly seems that way, doesn't it?  But I'm sure the fans of most other teams feel like they've been hard hit too.

Yes--it was stated in, I believe, a Press Gazette or JS article...  Try to google it...   Fatty should be executed for criminal idiocy for fostering the injuries he does in the name of reducing them...  Rolling Eyes 

As far as Raji goes--holy shit...  He turns down a $40M deal averaging $8M/per...only to have to settle for a one year deal at $4M, of which he'll now only see $3.1M...and next year he'll be looking at the league minimum--that is, if he isn't so obese by then that he doesn't require a doublewide to get around in...

I did try to Google it... many different ways. Nada, zilch. Nothing at all that suggests Green Bay had more injuries than any other NFL team in the last few years.

However, as you know HD, the burden of proof is on you to cite your source. I politely and respectfully asked where you got that information and, ironically, I don't even disbelieve you. I'd just like to read more about it.

This is disturbingly reminiscent of the dialog we had a while back in which you insisted TT offered Jennings a certain sum of money that he turned down ($11M off the top of my head) and Kben called you on it, documenting that TT's offer was in fact considerably less than you claimed. You dug in your heels, told us to fuck off, and that you knew what you knew, facts be damned. Not the finest chapter in your recent debating history.

So help us out here, good buddy, I couldn't Google your source but maybe you can. It would go a long way to reestablish credibility.

Please don't say it was Fox News.  Very Happy 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:11 pm

Anyone who blames the GB training staff or Mike McCarthy for Raji tearing his bicep making a tackle yesterday is a flat-out, pure-grade fucking moron.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:38 pm

i hurt my dick last nite by pumping the wife to hard,maybe i tore a muscle in it,fuckin Mcfatty,its all his fault.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:14 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Anyone who blames the GB training staff or Mike McCarthy for Raji tearing his bicep making a tackle yesterday is a flat-out, pure-grade fucking moron.
 Try to think bigger--little-picture thinker man...   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:29 pm

no sweat over baby faced raji.Now the new kid Pennel at 6-4 336 and showing promise wil have to step up and in,Guin will hopefully be back in a couple months.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:29 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

I did try to Google it... many different ways.  Nada, zilch.  Nothing at all that suggests Green Bay had more injuries than any other NFL team in the last few years.

However, as you know HD, the burden of proof is on you to cite your source.  I politely and respectfully asked where you got that information and, ironically, I don't even disbelieve you.  I'd just like to read more about it.  

This is disturbingly reminiscent of the dialog we had a while back in which you insisted TT offered Jennings a certain sum of money that he turned down ($11M off the top of my head) and Kben called you on it, documenting that TT's offer was in fact considerably less than you claimed.  You dug in your heels, told us to fuck off, and that you knew what you knew, facts be damned.  Not the finest chapter in your recent debating history.

So help us out here, good buddy, I couldn't Google your source but maybe you can.  It would go a long way to reestablish credibility.

Please don't say it was Fox News.   Very Happy 

LOL!  Reestablish credibility?  Duck--here's the deal.  I remember reading it and I must have found it to be credible or I wouldn't have stored it.  Now--if you'd like to disbelieve it--go ahead...it makes no difference to me, eh Kemosabe?   Wink 

Now--I just did a quick google and I can clearly see that Football Outsiders does an annual study of team injuries and the Packers have been ranked among the very top virtually every year for the past several.  I don't quickly see a reference where a characterization was collectively made over a period of years like the author did who I cited and I'm certainly not going to take the time to do the math myself.  Like I said--it makes no difference to me whether you believe it or not...

Finally Duck--when the day comes that my own security in the integrity of my credibility comes down to questions raised by homers on an internet football board who like to bury their heads in the sand--then I'll have already long since joined Robin Williams in that great big sandbox in the sky...   Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:32 pm

throttleplate wrote:i hurt my dick last nite by pumping the wife to hard,maybe i tore a muscle in it,fuckin Mcfatty,its all his fault.

You probably should have anticipated this and had that scrawny fucker in the weight room 3X/week a loooooong fucking time ago....   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:39 pm

MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Yeah, this isn't luck anymore... we've been the most injured team in the league for forever and it shows no signs of slowing up. It's hard to make an assertion because we don't know shit from behind our laptops, but you'd have to think that this team is doing something wrong somehow.

...Yup.  It's gone WAY beyond chance.  Like for everything in life--there's a reason for it.  Like the woeful team defense for JnC during the team's undefeated winning streak and numerous examples for Duck--sometimes it requires it to climb up your ass and take a bite before they clue in--but over time--maybe a couple of Cheesehead TV articles later--the light bulb goes off for these marathon runners...   Laughing 

Last edited by _HD_ on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:03 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

I did try to Google it... many different ways.  Nada, zilch.  Nothing at all that suggests Green Bay had more injuries than any other NFL team in the last few years.

However, as you know HD, the burden of proof is on you to cite your source.  I politely and respectfully asked where you got that information and, ironically, I don't even disbelieve you.  I'd just like to read more about it.  

This is disturbingly reminiscent of the dialog we had a while back in which you insisted TT offered Jennings a certain sum of money that he turned down ($11M off the top of my head) and Kben called you on it, documenting that TT's offer was in fact considerably less than you claimed.  You dug in your heels, told us to fuck off, and that you knew what you knew, facts be damned.  Not the finest chapter in your recent debating history.

So help us out here, good buddy, I couldn't Google your source but maybe you can.  It would go a long way to reestablish credibility.

LOL!  Reestablish credibility?  Duck--here's the deal.  I remember reading it and I must have found it to be credible or I wouldn't have stored it.  Now--if you'd like to disbelieve it--go ahead...it makes no difference to me, eh Kemosabe?   Wink 

Now--I just did a quick google and I can clearly see that Football Outsiders does an annual study of team injuries and the Packers have been ranked among the very top virtually every year for the past several.  I don't quickly see a reference where a characterization was collectively made over a period of years like the author did who I cited and I'm certainly not going to take the time to do the math myself.  Like I said--it makes no difference to me whether you believe it or not...

Finally Duck--when the day comes that my own security in the integrity of my credibility comes down to questions raised by homers on an internet football board who like to bury their heads in the sand--then I'll have already long since joined Robin Williams in that great big sandbox in the sky...   Cool 

Ah, as I anticipated, a nice blend of redirection and obfuscation. You didn't disappoint me, HD.

I know it's beneath you to document your sources... even though you'll jump all over an opportunity to bust others for their failure to do so.  cheers 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:06 pm

_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

...Yup.  It's gone WAY beyond chance.  Like for everything in life--there's a reason for it.  Like the woeful team defense for JnC during the team's undefeated winning streak and numerous examples for Duck--sometimes it requires it to climb up your ass and take a bite before they clue in--but over time--maybe a couple of Cheesehead TV articles later the light bulb goes off...   Laughing 

I know, I know...   ::sigh::   Fuck Fatty.

That's what's buzzing over the barstools, right?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:08 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Anyone who blames the GB training staff or Mike McCarthy for Raji tearing his bicep making a tackle yesterday is a flat-out, pure-grade fucking moron.

Or... buzzed on paint thinner or several hits of LSD.  Very Happy 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:10 pm

throttleplate wrote:i hurt my dick last nite by pumping the wife to hard,maybe i tore a muscle in it,fuckin Mcfatty,its all his fault.

That fat fuck is in your bedroom? Fuck, he's in my beer too.

Bartender! There's a fat football coach in my beer! Pour me another one!!
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:16 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Ah, as I anticipated, a nice blend of redirection and obfuscation. You didn't disappoint me, HD.

I know it's beneath you to document your sources... even though you'll jump all over an opportunity to bust others for their failure to do so.   cheers 

Like I said Duck--it's there if it's important for you to find it...  Two minutes and I can see that Football outsiders had GB #1 in the league in, I think, 2012 and #3 in the league last year among finishing among the top in other recent years.  You're the one disputing my claim.  Prove me wrong if you care to rather than whining like a little bitch because I won't do your work for you...  I've got a cherry bar to build.   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:36 pm

Like I said Duck--it's there if it's important for you to find it...  Two minutes and I can see that Football outsiders had GB #1 in the league in, I think, 2012 and #3 in the league last year among finishing among the top in other recent years.  You're the one disputing my claim.  Prove me wrong if you care to rather than whining like a little bitch because I won't do your work for you...  I've got a cherry bar to build.  

The team with the most injuries in the league over the past FOUR years

Yes--it was stated in, I believe, a Press Gazette or JS article...  Try to google it...

I'm certainly not going to take the time to do the math myself.

Like I said--it makes no difference to me whether you believe it or not...

I won't do your work for you...

Well HD, thanks for taking time away from your cherry bar to attempt to back up your initial assertion that Green Bay was "the team with the most injuries in the league over the past FOUR years."  I see you've scaled that down to Football Outsiders (in some vague rating system) rating the Packers in injuries #1 one year, #3 in another and "among the top" in other years.

Maybe your reduced claim is true.  Maybe your initial assertion is true.  As I said, I don't necessarily disbelieve either.  The Packers have been hammered by injuries ever since 2010.

It just makes me raise my eyebrow when you make bold assertions like this (and TT's offer to Jennings) without having proper documentation... or feeling like you even need to go through the indignity of providing such.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:36 pm

i see that duck and hd are done with message board training camp are in week 12 form.

throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:15 pm

throttleplate wrote:i see that duck and hd are done with message board training camp are in week 12 form.

Wait until the playoffs.  Very Happy 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:17 pm

duck wrote:Like I said Duck--it's there if it's important for you to find it...  Two minutes and I can see that Football outsiders had GB #1 in the league in, I think, 2012 and #3 in the league last year among finishing among the top in other recent years.  You're the one disputing my claim.  Prove me wrong if you care to rather than whining like a little bitch because I won't do your work for you...  I've got a cherry bar to build.  

The team with the most injuries in the league over the past FOUR years

Yes--it was stated in, I believe, a Press Gazette or JS article...  Try to google it...

I'm certainly not going to take the time to do the math myself.

Like I said--it makes no difference to me whether you believe it or not...

I won't do your work for you...

Well HD, thanks for taking time away from your cherry bar to attempt to back up your initial assertion that Green Bay was "the team with the most injuries in the league over the past FOUR years."  I see you've scaled that down to Football Outsiders (in some vague rating system) rating the Packers in injuries #1 one year, #3 in another and "among the top" in other years.

Maybe your reduced claim is true.  Maybe your initial assertion is true.  As I said, I don't necessarily disbelieve either.  The Packers have been hammered by injuries ever since 2010.

It just makes me raise my eyebrow when you make bold assertions like this (and TT's offer to Jennings) without having proper documentation... or feeling like you even need to go through the indignity of providing such.

I see...  Your problem, therefore, isn't in the veracity of the claim--it's in the process, eh?  If your world the only truths require proof to be so...  It's flawed reasoning, Duck.  Maybe JnC is right about Stanford...

If I boldly say the sky is blue and offer nothing in the way of support--does that impact the reality in truth of what color the sky really is?  You can sit there and, refusing to look up into the sky say, well--maybe your assertion is true, I don't necessarily disbelieve it--but until you cite your sources, I simply cannot believe it...

Fuck--Duck...you should have been a math teacher 'cause this is what people like me do when you sing your song...  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next