Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favre loves Packer fans....

2 posters

Go down

Favre loves Packer fans.... Empty Favre loves Packer fans....

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:26 am

Whether it was in Green Bay or after his turbulent departure from Packertown, Brett Favre attacked defenses with reckless abandon, often disregarding the consequences that might come with throwing to a heavily blanketed target or scrambling into the jaws of a bloodthirsty linebacker ready to take his head off.

The now-retired Gunslinger is approaching his impending, ceremonial return to Lambeau Field -- whenever it finally takes place -- in similar fashion.

He doesn't care if he gets booed. He's impervious, he says, to whatever negative reaction might be elicited when he steps back on the Frozen Tundra without a helmet shielding his skull and pads protecting his shoulders.

"I've heard that was a concern of mine," Favre said Monday during an interview with radio station ESPN 1000, "and I'm here to tell you I'm not."

It's a viable concern looming over any game-day commemoration of Favre, who in 16 seasons with the Packers established himself as one of football's most prolific passers ever and led them to a Super Bowl XXXI win in 1996-97.

Then came the un-retirements, a defection for the New York Jets and the final, absolute conclusion of his playing career with the hated Minnesota Vikings. Green Bay had plans to retire his jersey before he announced in 2008 he was coming back to the league and still wishes to add his No. 4 to the ranks of Bart Starr, Reggie White, Ray Nitschke, Don Hutson and Tony Canadeo as Packers to have their digits retired.

That likely won't happen this season, but president and CEO Mark Murphy has entertained the idea of a 2014 Favre appearance nonetheless.

Provided the boo birds don't ruin the show.

"That is an issue," Murphy said earlier this month. "He doesn't want it, and neither do we. He wouldn't want to come back and get booed."

According to Favre, though, it's not an issue.

I'm not worried about that," he said. "I'm well aware that you can't please everyone. Not everyone's going to like you regardless, and you know what, so be it. But I think the 16 years that I had in Green Bay speaks for itself.

"I have played with other teams, but I will be remembered as a Packer. I feel that. I think the true Packer backers, which there are tons out there, feel the same way. I'm not the first player to play for other teams or rivals."

Murphy's presented a self-imposed deadline to retire Favre's No. 4 -- August 2016, when Favre almost assuredly will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. If it doesn't happen this season, it'll have to during the 2015 campaign.

Murphy feels the longer the Packers wait to bring Favre back, the better chance they have of mitigating the catcalls.

"You can't control 80,750 people," he said. "I really think as time goes on, every year that passes it's less likely that he would get booed, but that is an issue."

Former teammate and tight end Mark Chmura told ESPNWisconsin.com that Favre backed out of a planned appearance at Lambeau last season for fear of being booed, but Favre insists he has a "good relationship" with the Packers and their fanbase and has been working "diligently" with Murphy and former CEO Bob Harlan to plan a return, jersey retirement ceremony and induction into the Packers Hall of Fame. A conflict with his high school coaching duties, Favre said, kept him from coming back last year.

"As time goes by," Favre said, "that's how I will be remembered -- as a Packer, and that's how I want to be remembered."

What Packer fans will never forget.....the first time Ole Slick played on that field as a Viking....now ain't that right?

Thor

Back to top Go down

Favre loves Packer fans.... Empty Re: Favre loves Packer fans....

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:14 am

Thor11 wrote:Whether it was in Green Bay or after his turbulent departure from Packertown, Brett Favre attacked defenses with reckless abandon, often disregarding the consequences that might come with throwing to a heavily blanketed target or scrambling into the jaws of a bloodthirsty linebacker ready to take his head off.

The now-retired Gunslinger is approaching his impending, ceremonial return to Lambeau Field -- whenever it finally takes place -- in similar fashion.

He doesn't care if he gets booed. He's impervious, he says, to whatever negative reaction might be elicited when he steps back on the Frozen Tundra without a helmet shielding his skull and pads protecting his shoulders.

"I've heard that was a concern of mine," Favre said Monday during an interview with radio station ESPN 1000, "and I'm here to tell you I'm not."

It's a viable concern looming over any game-day commemoration of Favre, who in 16 seasons with the Packers established himself as one of football's most prolific passers ever and led them to a Super Bowl XXXI win in 1996-97.

Then came the un-retirements, a defection for the New York Jets and the final, absolute conclusion of his playing career with the hated Minnesota Vikings. Green Bay had plans to retire his jersey before he announced in 2008 he was coming back to the league and still wishes to add his No. 4 to the ranks of Bart Starr, Reggie White, Ray Nitschke, Don Hutson and Tony Canadeo as Packers to have their digits retired.

That likely won't happen this season, but president and CEO Mark Murphy has entertained the idea of a 2014 Favre appearance nonetheless.

"That is an issue," Murphy said earlier this month. "He doesn't want it, and neither do we. He wouldn't want to come back and get booed."

I'm not worried about that," he said. "I'm well aware that you can't please everyone. Not everyone's going to like you regardless, and you know what, so be it. But I think the 16 years that I had in Green Bay speaks for itself.

"I have played with other teams, but I will be remembered as a Packer. I feel that. I think the true Packer backers, which there are tons out there, feel the same way. I'm not the first player to play for other teams or rivals."

Murphy's presented a self-imposed deadline to retire Favre's No. 4 -- August 2016, when Favre almost assuredly will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. If it doesn't happen this season, it'll have to during the 2015 campaign.

Murphy feels the longer the Packers wait to bring Favre back, the better chance they have of mitigating the catcalls.

"You can't control 80,750 people," he said. "I really think as time goes on, every year that passes it's less likely that he would get booed, but that is an issue."

Former teammate and tight end Mark Chmura told ESPNWisconsin.com that Favre backed out of a planned appearance at Lambeau last season for fear of being booed, but Favre insists he has a "good relationship" with the Packers and their fanbase and has been working "diligently" with Murphy and former CEO Bob Harlan to plan a return, jersey retirement ceremony and induction into the Packers Hall of Fame. A conflict with his high school coaching duties, Favre said, kept him from coming back last year.

"As time goes by," Favre said, "that's how I will be remembered -- as a Packer, and that's how I want to be remembered."

What Packer fans will never forget.....the first time Ole Slick played on that field as a Viking....now ain't that right?

Thor

You're so right, Thor.  For me, this is a play that will forever define the reality of what Favre was...

But here--you don't want to watch that shit, do you Thor? This is more like the smell of Granny's banana bread for your little bitch ass, eh?  Laughing Laughing 

Last edited by _HD_ on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:17 am

_HD_ wrote:
Thor11 wrote:Whether it was in Green Bay or after his turbulent departure from Packertown, Brett Favre attacked defenses with reckless abandon, often disregarding the consequences that might come with throwing to a heavily blanketed target or scrambling into the jaws of a bloodthirsty linebacker ready to take his head off.

Thor

You're so right, Thor.  For me, this is a play that will forever define the reality of what Favre was...

LOL...nice try Mr Vagina,,,,,,doesn't change the fact....Favre lit up your Packers at Lambeau...stop using other teams to try to hide behind that..it just don't cut it....BRO!

LOL

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:48 am

...and just in case you forgot.

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:49 am

Thor11 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Thor

LOL...nice try Mr Vagina,,,,,,doesn't change the fact....Favre lit up your Packers at Lambeau...stop using other teams to try to hide behind that..it just don't cut it....BRO!

LOL

Thor

Scroll to 11:12 for a shot of Thor on a rare luck buzz...  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:53 am

_HD_ wrote:
Thor11 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Thor

LOL

Thor

Scroll to 11:12 for a shot of Thor on a rare luck buzz...   Laughing 

Why the fuck would you come in here and show highlights of your family reunion??...ya fuck...jeeeezuusss!

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:30 am

His interception to Porter made all his bullshit worth it to me. I think my favorite part of it all might still be how Viking fans look back so fondly on the 2009 season, and how after years of laughing at us after his boneheaded INTs got us bounced out of so many playoffs, they were practically kissing his feet in gratitude after killing their best chance at a Super Bowl. If that fan base had any self-esteem whatsoever, they'd hate the guy even MORE than they did when he was a Packer.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:24 am

MB20 wrote:His interception to Porter made all his bullshit worth it to me. I think my favorite part of it all might still be how Viking fans look back so fondly on the 2009 season, and how after years of laughing at us after his boneheaded INTs got us bounced out of so many playoffs, they were practically kissing his feet in gratitude after killing their best chance at a Super Bowl. If that fan base had any self-esteem whatsoever, they'd hate the guy even MORE than they did when he was a Packer.

Typical Packer fan...like an alcoholic in denial, you fans just can't accept that ONE game where your all time/ all everything hero QB (and please don't tell me you always hated him)...goes to a hated rival and he comes into your SHRINE (Lambeau) and torches your team....YES as a Viking fan I will ALWAYS smile when I think about that. Say what you want about the season ending int vs NO....THE FACT IS Favre embarrassed your organization' that day....fucking deal with it..will ya!

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:50 am

Thor11 wrote:
MB20 wrote:His interception to Porter made all his bullshit worth it to me. I think my favorite part of it all might still be how Viking fans look back so fondly on the 2009 season, and how after years of laughing at us after his boneheaded INTs got us bounced out of so many playoffs, they were practically kissing his feet in gratitude after killing their best chance at a Super Bowl. If that fan base had any self-esteem whatsoever, they'd hate the guy even MORE than they did when he was a Packer.

Typical Packer fan...like an alcoholic in denial, you fans just can't accept that ONE game where your all time/ all everything hero QB (and please don't tell me you always hated him)...goes to a hated rival and he comes into your SHRINE (Lambeau) and torches your team....YES as a Viking fan I will ALWAYS smile when I think about that. Say what you want about the season ending int vs NO....THE FACT IS Favre embarrassed your organization' that day....fucking deal with it..will ya!

Thor

That's cool, Thor.  When you are the fan of a team with so precious little to smile about, it goes with the territory that you must take your servings of satisfaction in small doses, eh?  It's almost like when I go have a nice, thick, juicy steak--do I really give a shit if they throw the scraps out for some starving back-alley dog?  Of course not.  In fact, I'm happy if they do.  So bark at the moon, bitch...and know that I'm on your side...   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:20 am

Laughing   It also produced yet another tell-tale read on just how completely kluweless the Zygmunch unit is when it comes to understanding human nature.  Favre coming back/not coming back obviously never had anything to do with the $$$; he was coming back regardless just as soon as his ego was sufficiently massaged/placated to the extent where he felt it was no less than his duty to the betterment of mankind to return.  Yet, the Zygmunch opened the checkbook with no provocation whatsoever to piss away a $3 million dollar bill--thinking that would be the difference-maker to get the old broken-down gun-slinger to return for one more rodeo, get everyone hot/bothered--but, in true Bert fashion, unable to close the deal...  Thor was in his usual position, no doubt (down on his hands/knees) during that period--but for unfamilar reasons, as he prayed to the God of Thunder to please, please, pretty please make Bert Favrt return and break the burden of circumspect failure that he has so come to identify with... Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:10 pm

Look, Thor, I'll dispense with the gratuitous Favre-bashing. It's time to heal the wounds and I hope (and believe) his eventual jersey-retirement ceremony at Lambeau will go smoothly. He will be enshrined in the HOF and ultimately go down in everyone's memory as a Packer.

I think more Packer fans are forgiving of the ugly divorce between Favre and the Packers because... what was it all about, really? It was not about Brett Favre. It was about getting Aaron Rodgers! And for that, we should be grateful. How many franchises can dump a HOF player because they have an even better one waiting in the wings?? (Yeah, I know, SF too...)

However, Thor, you still cling to the notion that Favre's return to Lambeau was some kind of defining moment for Packer fans. It had some impact, admittedly, but it was dwarfed by the image of Rodgers hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in 2010. If I were to single out the defining moment of Favre's post-Packer saga it would be his tearful press conference to announce his retirement. Boo hoo hoo, Brett.

I can understand that Favre's triumphant return to Lambeau might be a high point for Viking fans... but it certainly was not the correspondingly low point for Packer fans.

Besides, in the Packer-Viking contests in 2009 and 2010, it was a push. The Packers trounced the Purple in Favre's return engagement the next year.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down