Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quack-a-Long Bike Club

3 posters

Go down

Quack-a-Long Bike Club Empty Quack-a-Long Bike Club

Post by Guest Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:05 pm

LOL!   Fuckin' scurge these spandexer's are...fucking SURGE, I say...   Laughing 

<<< Does anyone recognize this guy? He was involved in a hit & run 1/2 hr ago at the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] around 7:00 pm 7/314. Please notify the Mound Police - they are looking for them. A real yuppy group of 6+ bicyclists ran into a a guy on motorcycle, if you can believe that, but true; caused serious damage. We tried to keep them here until Police arrived but to no avail. They seriously thought they owned the road.>>>
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Quack-a-Long Bike Club Empty Re: Quack-a-Long Bike Club

Post by duck Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:33 am

He looks like a guy who spends 60 hours a week chained to a desk in some miserable corporate office and then hops on his bike once a week to get in a flat 10 mile ride. Buddy of yours, HD?  Very Happy 

Oh, and just out of curiosity, do you even have any hills in Minnesota?
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:28 pm

duck wrote:He looks like a guy who spends 60 hours a week chained to a desk in some miserable corporate office and then hops on his bike once a week to get in a flat 10 mile ride.  Buddy of yours, HD?   Very Happy 

WTF?  Did I say I moved to Kansas, Dorothy?   Wink 

By coastal standards, much of Minnesota is flat--not unlike most of Cali, for that matter.  What we do have here are thousands and thousands of lakes, rivers and waterways and typically these accompany hilly areas and varied terrain.  As you know--the mighty Mississippi goes smack tab though Minneapolis and the bluffs along the St. Croix are a big part of what makes that waterway a designated and protected national scenic waterway.  There are probably few areas in the country more beautiful and ideal for boating/sailing than the St. Croix from Stillwater down to the confluence of the Mississippi in Prescott, WI...but let's get one thing straight, Duck...  I don't swim it--I boat it.  When I want to go biking, I generally turn a key and go zoom zoom and carry my ass up a hill just as fast/slow as I desire--not pumpin' pedals up the middle of a 40 degree incline in heat that would make a panty mess-load of Chef's chocolate salty balls...  When I want a cool drink, I pull into the nearest watering hole with an outdoor patio and enjoy a nice ice-cold fresh mint mojito...not reach down between my legs to pull a bottle of tepid slobber water out of my ass...   Laughing 

So, I guess that makes me fat/unhealthy, eh?  Guess again, scarecrow.  You know why?  Because I'm not black/white.  For example, just last week I rode my bicycle the 10 mile loop along the Mississippi from Minnehaha Falls to my stop underneath the new 35W bridge in DT Mpls--and thats uphill damn near the whole way back.  Also, last week I bladed two laps of the 3.8 mile loop around Lake Calhoun.  You see Duck--I don't hate motorcyclist's--because I am one.  However, because I am one--that doesn't mean I have to hate bicyclist's because I'm one of those, too...  I just don't give a shit to pound myself into all these little boxes that pervade most people's world.  I am whatever the fuck I choose to be that day--and sometimes I surprise even myself.  This is what I've been trying to pound into the heads of you and JnC for some time in regard to politics--but I fear the disease has taken over and turned too much brain matter into the matter of fecal variety on that issue for you two pencil dicks...   Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:31 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:He looks like a guy who spends 60 hours a week chained to a desk in some miserable corporate office and then hops on his bike once a week to get in a flat 10 mile ride.  Buddy of yours, HD?   Very Happy 

By coastal standards, much of Minnesota is flat--not unlike most of Cali, for that matter.  What we do have here are thousands and thousands of lakes, rivers and waterways and typically these accompany hilly areas and varied terrain.  As you know--the mighty Mississippi goes smack tab though Minneapolis and the bluffs along the St. Croix are a big part of what makes that waterway a designated and protected national scenic waterway.  There are probably few areas in the country more beautiful and ideal for boating/sailing than the St. Croix from Stillwater down to the confluence of the Mississippi in Prescott, WI...but let's get one thing straight, Duck...  I don't swim it--I boat it.  When I want to go biking, I generally turn a key and go zoom zoom and carry my ass up a hill just as fast/slow as I desire--not pumpin' pedals up the middle of a 40 degree incline in heat that would make a panty mess-load of Chef's chocolate salty balls...  When I want a cool drink, I pull into the nearest watering hole with an outdoor patio and enjoy a nice ice-cold fresh mint mojito...not reach down between my legs to pull a bottle of tepid slobber water out of my ass...   Laughing 

So, I guess that makes me fat/unhealthy, eh?  Guess again, scarecrow.  You know why?  Because I'm not black/white.  For example, just last week I rode my bicycle the 10 mile loop along the Mississippi from Minnehaha Falls to my stop underneath the new 35W bridge in DT Mpls--and thats uphill damn near the whole way back.  Also, last week I bladed two laps of the 3.8 mile loop around Lake Calhoun.  You see Duck--I don't hate motorcyclist's--because I am one.  However, because I am one--that doesn't mean I have to hate bicyclist's because I'm one of those, too...  I just don't give a shit to pound myself into all these little boxes that pervade most people's world.  I am whatever the fuck I choose to be that day--and sometimes I surprise even myself.  This is what I've been trying to pound into the heads of you and JnC for some time in regard to politics--but I fear the disease has taken over and turned too much brain matter into the matter of fecal variety on that issue for you two pencil dicks...   Laughing 

I find it ironic that you would even consider labeling me black/white because nothing could be further than the truth... but that's okay.  I forgive you for one of your little intuitive outbursts that are completely disconnected from the facts.   Very Happy 

That picture is beautiful.  I guess Minnesota has more than ice fishing.

And why would I think you're fat and/or unhealthy?  I knew you did some biking and valued fitness... and as far as I'm concerned, it's all good.  Few people are as obsessive as I am, but I am certainly not judgmental of someone who is doing less.  Just as long as you do something to take care of yourself and not burden our society with your self-induced obesity, I consider you to be a kindred spirit.

By the way, I get a pretty decent view when I do my regular bike rides in the Berkeley/Oakland hills.

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:52 pm

Well Duck..............you obviously have not enjoyed the Town of Duck yet in your life.    Outer Banks, NC is where we go on vacation each summer.   Beautiful place.........no high rise condos........great place to unwind and do whatever you want.  

Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:13 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Well Duck..............you obviously have not enjoyed the Town of Duck yet in your life.    Outer Banks, NC is where we go on vacation each summer.   Beautiful place.........no high rise condos........great place to unwind and do whatever you want.  

I assume they have a good bar in town?  Very Happy 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:22 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

I find it ironic that you would even consider labeling me black/white because nothing could be further than the truth... but that's okay.  I forgive you for one of your little intuitive outbursts that are completely disconnected from the facts.   Very Happy 

And why would I think you're fat and/or unhealthy?  I knew you did some biking and valued fitness... and as far as I'm concerned, it's all good.  Few people are as obsessive as I am, but I am certainly not judgmental of someone who is doing less.  Just as long as you do something to take care of yourself and not burden our society with your self-induced obesity, I consider you to be a kindred spirit.

By the way, I get a pretty decent view when I do my regular bike rides in the Berkeley/Oakland hills.

Looks cool--to the entent you can see through all that fuckin' smog...   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:07 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Looks cool--to the entent you can see through all that fuckin' smog...   Laughing

Actually the air quality here is pretty decent. The fog rolls in from the bay and blows everything away.

They really cleaned up the Bay Area air in the 1970's. Prior to that it was quite nasty. I went to high school in San Jose and there were days on which they wouldn't let us to any long distance running. You could go up to the top of the hills overlooking Los Gatos and south San Jose and see nothing but brown smog. 2-3 mile visibility at best. Maybe that's why I never took up smoking. No need to!
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:11 pm

This is better.......IMV EFFEN H EFFEN O (v=very)

Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:13 pm

This ain't too bad either..........

RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:14 pm

But this sorta sucks.........particularly upper left.

RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 pm

_HD_ wrote:

Fuck all that shit, HD.

That is one awesome fucking picture.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:51 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Fuck all that shit, HD.

That is one awesome fucking picture.

Yeah--the St. Croix is absolutely beautiful.  I believe this shot is from the WI side looking over to MN.  It's been several years--but it's a blast jumping off those cliffs into the water there.  I used to grab a cooler and a friend and just hang there all day...  People look at the root beer barrel water and think it's dirty--but in reality, it's crystal clean--especially now with the zebra mussels...  The tannic acid (also known as caramel coloring in cola's) from the northern pine forest is what tints the water.  There's no industry to speak of anywhere on the St. Croix...  It's a real trip going downstream about 40 miles to the St. Croix confluence with the Mississippi in Prescott, WI.  Crystal clean merges with the gross water of the Mississippi...  The first time I took the boat down there I couldn't fuckin' believe it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down