Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World Cup

+2
MB20
duck
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The World Cup Empty The World Cup

Post by duck Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:06 pm

Hey, is anyone else as riveted to the World Cup as I am?  As much as I love football, I enjoy soccer too.  It's been fantastic thus far.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The World Cup Empty Re: The World Cup

Post by MB20 Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:04 pm

duck wrote:Hey, is anyone else as riveted to the World Cup as I am?  As much as I love football, I enjoy soccer too.  It's been fantastic thus far.
It has been fantastic. I hope the USA keep it going for a little while longer, but the other action has been highly entertaining as well. Still can't believe Italy, England, Spain, Portugal, and Uruguay are all out already.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:28 pm

MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:Hey, is anyone else as riveted to the World Cup as I am?  As much as I love football, I enjoy soccer too.  It's been fantastic thus far.
It has been fantastic. I hope the USA keep it going for a little while longer, but the other action has been highly entertaining as well. Still can't believe Italy, England, Spain, Portugal, and Uruguay are all out already.

Yeah, the guard is changing. How about Costa Rica today... the new darlings of the game! That was impressive, playing Greece with 10 for the latter half of the match and winning on PKs. I still can't believe Navar stopped a shot after that 5 on 2 break in the overtime period.

And the Netherlands-Mexico game was a thriller too. Is it just me or does anyone else think Ochoa looks like Mickey Mouse? All he needs is a couple of buttons and big yellow shoes. Best goalie of the Cup so far!

Not every game has the drama of the last few but every single game has incredible action and amazing athletic plays. Wow.

Yeah, I'd love to see the US advance too. However, I don't see them going very far. I think they got lucky against Ghana and Germany dominated them despite the 1-0 score.

We'll see...
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:22 am

i am watchin alot of rugby here on tv in the philippines and watch closely as to which players look like they could play in the nfl.Soccer which i played while stationed in the military in adak alaska,indoor soccer that is was very fun and brutal as it was like playing hockey but i still cant grab onto watching field soccor unless its the usa playing in the game.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:20 pm

Count me in on the World Cup as well.

Lot's of exciting games, ridiculous crowd support, personal highs and lows of certain players...Luis Suarez implosion alone was worth the ticket. Certifiably brilliant. Certifiably insane.

Good shit, man  Cool
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:59 pm

duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:

Yeah, the guard is changing.  How about Costa Rica today... the new darlings of the game!  That was impressive, playing Greece with 10 for the latter half of the match and winning on PKs.  I still can't believe Navar stopped a shot after that 5 on 2 break in the overtime period.

And the Netherlands-Mexico game was a thriller too.  Is it just me or does anyone else think Ochoa looks like Mickey Mouse?  All he needs is a couple of buttons and big yellow shoes.  Best goalie of the Cup so far!

Not every game has the drama of the last few but every single game has incredible action and amazing athletic plays.  Wow.

Yeah, I'd love to see the US advance too.  However, I don't see them going very far.  I think they got lucky against Ghana and Germany dominated them despite the 1-0 score.

We'll see...
I'd like to see the US advance to help raise the public's consciousness of the sport. It's a wonderful, very underappreciated game in this country. But, I'd be shocked if they beat Belgium. I still don't think they have the talent to match up against these European powers, although they had Portugal dead to rights so who knows.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:29 pm

Loving The World Cup!  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:39 pm

Belgium is stacked. We manage to get past them I'll be stunned.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:22 pm

watched it and was actually verbal during the last 10 minutes,great game.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:05 pm

They're like a perennial NCAA tournament 12-seed

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:17 am

Bummer. The US didn't simply get "knocked out"... they were destroyed by Belgium. Had the US won, it would have been one of those unfair victories that do occasionally happen in soccer. Congrats to the Belgians for a dominating performance and a tip of the hat to Howard for one of the best goalie games EVER. If it weren't for him, the Belgians could have cruised to a 5-0 victory in regulation time. From here on out I'm rooting for Germany, my #2 team!
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:15 am

Funny, when I think of the Germans I think of #2 as well.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:16 am

Tim Howard is a fucking beast. I'd want that guy on my team, anytime.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:25 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Funny, when I think of the Germans I think of #2 as well.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Does this mean you're also now rooting for Germany, does it mean you think Germany will come in second (i.e., losing in the finals), or does it mean you hold Germany in low regard and think of them as a second rate country and/or soccer team?

I sure hope it's not option #3.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:52 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Tim Howard is a fucking beast. I'd want that guy on my team, anytime.

I bet he'd make a great sure-tackling outside linebacker.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:59 pm

duck wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean here.  Does this mean you're also now rooting for Germany, does it mean you think Germany will come in second (i.e., losing in the finals), or does it mean you hold Germany in low regard and think of them as a second rate country and/or soccer team?

Try option 4.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:09 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
duck wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean here.  Does this mean you're also now rooting for Germany, does it mean you think Germany will come in second (i.e., losing in the finals), or does it mean you hold Germany in low regard and think of them as a second rate country and/or soccer team?

Try option 4.

Thanks loads, Mr. Sphinx.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:15 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Tim Howard is a fucking beast. I'd want that guy on my team, anytime.

He was awesome!!  
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:28 am

I'm looking forward to two great games today. Go Germany and go Colombia!
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:49 pm

Wow, what an ass kicking today. Blitzkrieg! Brazil got handed its first home loss since 1975 and its worst loss EVER. Can you imagine what it must have been like for the Brazilians in the stands, who were probably partway into their first hot dog and beer (or whatever the fuck they consume there), and all of a sudden their team gives up 5 goals in 18 minutes??

Jesus, the entire country should go on suicide watch.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:05 pm

duck wrote:Wow, what an ass kicking today.  Blitzkrieg!  Brazil got handed its first home loss since 1975 and its worst loss EVER.  Can you imagine what it must have been like for the Brazilians in the stands, who were probably partway into their first hot dog and beer (or whatever the fuck they consume there), and all of a sudden their team gives up 5 goals in 18 minutes??

Duck--I'd like your in-depth review of this brand new video/song off Slash/Myles Kennedy's new single to be released in Sept.  Pay special attention to the symbolism/religious undertones...  What does it all mean?    Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:47 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:Wow, what an ass kicking today.  Blitzkrieg!  Brazil got handed its first home loss since 1975 and its worst loss EVER.  Can you imagine what it must have been like for the Brazilians in the stands, who were probably partway into their first hot dog and beer (or whatever the fuck they consume there), and all of a sudden their team gives up 5 goals in 18 minutes??

Duck--I'd like your in-depth review of this brand new video/song off Slash/Myles Kennedy's new single to be released in Sept.  Pay special attention to the symbolism/religious undertones...  What does it all mean?    Laughing 

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8P1wI6rwnFc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why didn't you just say you weren't big on soccer instead of subjecting me to that screechy Heavy Metal cut?  affraid 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:32 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Why didn't you just say you weren't big on soccer instead of subjecting me to that screechy Heavy Metal cut?   affraid 

LOL!  Heavy metal?  Jeezus, Pops...if that's heavy metal to you than what is this?...  I fear the polka is turning something soft in your head...   Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:08 am

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8P1wI6rwnFc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why didn't you just say you weren't big on soccer instead of subjecting me to that screechy Heavy Metal cut?   affraid 

LOL!  Heavy metal?  Jeezus, Pops...if that's heavy metal to you than what is this?...  I fear the polka is turning something soft in your head...   Laughing 

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KDveDuHo3qo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What is this? I really don't know but the term "pencil neck geeks" comes to mind.

I'm not sure what it has to do with the World Cup either.  Laughing 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:59 pm

No
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick