Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There's flab in that thar brain...

2 posters

Go down

There's flab in that thar brain... Empty There's flab in that thar brain...

Post by Guest Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:53 pm

Packers adopting GPS technology to research injuries
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 22, 2014, 9:54 AM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AP

A growing number of individual Packers players are taking a low-tech approach to their training by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
But the team itself is going the other direction.
In a detailed look at their training plans, Pete Dougherty of the Green Bay Press-Gazetteexplains how the Packers are [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]to try to reduce injuries.
The Packers have been one of the league’s most-injured teams in recent years, and a rash of hamstring problems led many of the players to seek out the yoga studio.
But the team hopes that by having more information about workloads and exertion — and hiring an Australian firm called Catapult Sports — will allow them to make better decisions about when and how best to work their players.
Coach Mike McCarthy won’t get into specifics of why (or explain moving the team’s jog-through installation from the beginning of practice to the end), but acknowledges the need to adapt.
“I’ve always felt since the first day I came here that scheduling and how you train a football team is the most important part of the head coach’s job,” McCarthy said. “That’s another competitive arena you’re in. How you train your team compared to your opponent can give you an edge.”
The Packers have stayed consistently successful in recent years (which has more to do with a good quarterback than a GPS), but if they can get healthier, they might be better able to make a run late in the season when it matters most.
Maybe if they could use GPS to locate Fatty McFucky's brain so they can reprogram it to understand that you don't prepare the body for extreme contact by withholding the body from extreme contact--they'd be on to something...   Rolling Eyes 
Typical idiot complicating the shit out of a pretty easy puzzle...

Back to top Go down

There's flab in that thar brain... Empty Re: There's flab in that thar brain...

Post by milani Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:26 am

_HD_ wrote:Packers adopting GPS technology to research injuries
AP

A growing number of individual Packers players are taking a low-tech approach to their training by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
In a detailed look at their training plans, Pete Dougherty of the Green Bay Press-Gazetteexplains how the Packers are [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]to try to reduce injuries.
The Packers have been one of the league’s most-injured teams in recent years, and a rash of hamstring problems led many of the players to seek out the yoga studio.
But the team hopes that by having more information about workloads and exertion — and hiring an Australian firm called Catapult Sports — will allow them to make better decisions about when and how best to work their players.
Coach Mike McCarthy won’t get into specifics of why (or explain moving the team’s jog-through installation from the beginning of practice to the end), but acknowledges the need to adapt.
“I’ve always felt since the first day I came here that scheduling and how you train a football team is the most important part of the head coach’s job,” McCarthy said. “That’s another competitive arena you’re in. How you train your team compared to your opponent can give you an edge.”
The Packers have stayed consistently successful in recent years (which has more to do with a good quarterback than a GPS), but if they can get healthier, they might be better able to make a run late in the season when it matters most.
Maybe if they could use GPS to locate Fatty McFucky's brain so they can reprogram it to understand that you don't prepare the body for extreme contact by withholding the body from extreme contact--they'd be on to something...   Rolling Eyes 

So true. Lombardi did not put his star players under a baby blanket. He sent Hornung right at Nitschke to prepare for Sunday.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:13 am

milani wrote:
_HD_ wrote:Packers adopting GPS technology to research injuries
AP

So true. Lombardi did not put his star players under a baby blanket. He sent Hornung right at Nitschke to prepare for Sunday.

I don't think it's all that simple. I don't really see what good this GPS program will do... it sounds like an expensive pile of mumbo-jumbo to me... but I'm glad McCarthy is aware of the fact that the Packers seem to have an injury problem greater than most other teams. Is it related to lack of contact? Could be.... but I'm sure not eager to see Rodgers, Lacy or Matthews get creamed in a brutal practice session. Maybe the answer is simply bad luck.

In any case, IMHO, this is the key to the 2014 season: injuries. If Green Bay can keep them down to an allowable level or, better put, the average level of most NFL teams, this team is clearly playoff calibre and even a Super Bowl contender. If the Packers start losing key players at a clip like last year, it will be another underwhelming season like 2013.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down