Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't blame me...

+5
JnC4GB
MB20
j82053
duck
throttleplate
9 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Don't blame me... Empty Don't blame me...

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:59 pm

Some can't see stupid until they know stupid...and some are so fucking clueless that they STILL don't get it.  Good thing I'm humored by that.    Laughing  Gotta be the worst overall US President since Jimmy Carter, leading a country of whiners and slackers--all with their hands out, away from our founding bedrock american ideals...

AP
President Barack Obama has seen support [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] plummet to an all-time low, according to a new [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] released Wednesday. 
According to the poll, just 37% of respondents said they approved of Obama's handling of foreign-policy issues, an all-time low. Meanwhile, 57% said they disapproved, an all-time high.
And the foreign-policy approval rating for Obama might be artificially high. The poll was conducted before the crisis in Iraq — a situation for which Obama has been roundly criticized — [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Obama's handling of international events have earned him criticism over the past few months — from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to his administration's decision to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in exchange for five Taliban-affiliated prisoners from the Guantanamo Bay military prison.
According to the poll, 44% of respondents said the administration should not have made the exchange, compared with 30% who supported it.
Some other highlights from the poll:

• Obama's overall approval rating sits at just 41%, tying an all-time low.
  • His approval rating on handling the economy also sits at 41%, down 1 percentage point from last month. It's the same number from March.
  • Obama's favorability rating is underwater — 41% said they view him positively, while 45% see him in a negative light.
  • When asked their predictions on the rest of Obama's term in office, 54% said they thought he "cannot lead and get the job done," compared with only 42% who said the opposite.
  • Over the last 12 months, 41% of respondents said their views of the Obama administration have "gotten worse." Only 15% said they have "gotten better."

Obama's declining popularity [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. By a 10-point margin, more people said their vote this November will be to "send a signal of opposition to Obama." (41% said their vote will not be a signal to Obama either way.) On the generic congressional ballot, 35% said they would vote for a Democratic candidate in their district, compared with 30% who chose a theoretical Republican candidate.

Back to top Go down

Don't blame me... Empty Re: Don't blame me...

Post by throttleplate Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:28 pm

throttleplate wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

THIS gets my vote for Throttle's best post.  Very Happy 

And as far as Obama?  Not impressed.  He's been a total disaster.  However, my vote for the WORST president in recent history goes to George W Bush.  The man is as dumb as a bag of hammers and was an utter embarrassment to the US... a total laughing stock in Europe.

Having said that, I miss him.  He was a cash cow for comedians and I made tens of thousands off the idiot.  I can't make a dime off of Obama because my market is leftist and he's teflon because you can't make fun of a black man.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by j82053 Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:39 pm

One word says it all, TURD!!!

j82053

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:40 pm

duck wrote:

THIS gets my vote for Throttle's best post.   Very Happy 

And as far as Obama?  Not impressed.  He's been a total disaster.  However, my vote for the WORST president in recent history goes to George W Bush.  The man is as dumb as a bag of hammers and was an utter embarrassment to the US... a total laughing stock in Europe.

Having said that, I miss him.  He was a cash cow for comedians and I made tens of thousands off the idiot.  I can't make a dime off of Obama because my market is leftist and he's teflon because you can't make fun of a black man.
I can't believe there are people who still think the president sets policy.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:53 am

MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:

Amen.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:34 am

duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:

Amen.

Hopefully this is your theme song, Duck...    Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:22 am

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:

Amen.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/htz9CS-Zmms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not get fooled again? You can't get fooled if you don't have a choice... and what we have here in America is just the illusion of choice. HD, I hope for your sake that you can retire soon and go to one of your exotic islands because the shit in this country is gonna get much worse.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:01 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:

Amen.

Not get fooled again?  You can't get fooled if you don't have a choice... and what we have here in America is just the illusion of choice.  HD, I hope for your sake that you can retire soon and go to one of your exotic islands because the shit in this country is gonna get much worse.

We've discussed this at some length, Duck...  It's very generally true--but a massive overreach in simplification by those wanton to disengage...  For example--do you think Obamacare would have happened without Obama or the regressive federal corporate tax policies would be in place had Romney been elected?  Minneapolis Fortune 50 company--Medtronic--the largest medical device manufacturer in the world--just announced it is relocating it's headquarters to Ireland.  Why?  Obama regressive tax policy and the newly instituted federal sales tax on medical devices to try to pay for his failed health care program.  It's happening every day out there

The country has become soft at the edges and in some cases, rotten at the core...  Things can improve--but a REAL leader is needed.  Too bad Romney wasn't elected.  He is a good man and would have made a positive difference.

Not an island, Duck--but paradise nonetheless.  Belize looks like the ticket--but may make a transition for a number of reasons for a few years through Naples/Ft. Myers first, my spandex bike-shorted little buckaroo... Actually looking at picking up something down there right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:57 pm

If you move to belize don't forget to bring your cap.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:21 am

throttleplate wrote:If you move to belize don't forget to bring your cap.

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:10 pm

LOL.

Y'all should just STFU, apply the butt cream, and be grateful he can't run for a third term...'cause he'd win that one too.

Although, you're not going to like the next "worst President ever" either.  Cool 

JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:20 am

JnC4GB wrote:LOL.

Y'all should just STFU, apply the butt cream, and be grateful he can't run for a third term...'cause he'd win that one too.

Although, you're not going to like the next "worst President ever" either.  Cool 

Well, we just had a president who betrayed minorities and the left. This one will betray women and the left. And the left will still insist that those two were the best fucking things to happen to them since toilet paper, because the left in this country is every bit as fucking dumb as the right.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:52 am

MB20 wrote:

Well, we just had a president who betrayed minorities and the left. This one will betray women and the left. And the left will still insist that those two were the best fucking things to happen to them since toilet paper, because the left in this country is every bit as fucking dumb as the right.

...and of course--that's the way both sides together set it all up to be...  It's in both side's selfish best interests to focus their constituency on hating everything of the other side so they are too busy with that distraction to recognize that they've been failed most by those to whom they invest their loyalty...

Both the the donkey and the elephant are sheeples with bastardized independent thought.  Do this, don't do that--can't you read the fucking sign...  That's who they spend their precious moments of their short time on this earth struggling to satisfy.  Unevolved idiots.

Last edited by _HD_ on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:00 am

_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:

...and of course--that's the way both sides together set it all up to be...  It's in both side's selfish best interests to focus their constituency on hating everything of the other side so they are too busy with that distraction to recognize that they've been failed most by those to which they invest their loyalty...

Both the the donkey and the elephant are sheeples with bastardized independent thought.  Do this, don't do that--can't you read the fucking sign...  That's who they spend their precious moments of their short time on this earth struggling to satisfy.  Unevolved idiots.
But IMO what is most galling to me about the left is that they can spot it so easily in others, but are absolutely blind to it in themselves. They're like the political equivalent of Red Sox fans, who can point out the smug douchiness in Yankee fans from a mile away but have no idea that they're exactly the same way- except they just act smarter.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:42 pm

MB, I can see what you're saying. I get it, I really do. The problem lies in the fact that squeaky wheels get the most airtime. The uglier, louder, and more obscene the better. How else to explain someone like Al Sharpton being given a seat at the table? Or Ann Coulter? Or...whomever. The shitlist goes on and on and on...

Now, as much as ol' HD would like to simplify things by pigeon-holing me into a box of utterly predictable and simple-minded lefty idealism, the fact is I am not far removed from the basics of what either of you are saying here. I figured out loooong ago politicians are not Santa Clause --they just sell themselves as such. And that we, thoughtful people, who still give an inkling of a shit can only hope to wade through the often narrow differences between Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb when we vote or, God forbid, give them money. Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton? Not a lot of big differences there. AT. ALL.

We share the same cynicism and disgust for our system. Where we differ, is I currently lack the anger to feel the urge to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Still think there's enough bits of good to be worked that I still will engage in this fucking shit.

I liken it to that old saying: Yes, I am married, but I ain't DEAD.  Wink
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:16 pm

Now, as much as ol' HD would like to simplify things by pigeon-holing me into a box of utterly predictable and simple-minded lefty idealism, the fact is I am not far removed from the basics of what either of you are saying here. I figured out loooong ago politicians are not Santa Clause --they just sell themselves as such. And that we, thoughtful people, who still give an inkling of a shit can only hope to wade through the often narrow differences between Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb when we vote or, God forbid, give them money. Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton? Not a lot of big differences there. AT. ALL.

Nonsense, Clifford.  Mental masturbation to give yourself wood in pulling the ol' lever for the next failure in line after you didn't learn anything through voting TWICE for the last one...   Laughing 

All politics aside, anybody who would even consider voting for Hillary is a full-on mental midget.

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:51 pm

_HD_ wrote:Now, as much as ol' HD would like to simplify things by pigeon-holing me into a box of utterly predictable and simple-minded lefty idealism, the fact is I am not far removed from the basics of what either of you are saying here. I figured out loooong ago politicians are not Santa Clause --they just sell themselves as such. And that we, thoughtful people, who still give an inkling of a shit can only hope to wade through the often narrow differences between Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb when we vote or, God forbid, give them money. Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton? Not a lot of big differences there. AT. ALL.

Nonsense, Clifford.  Mental masturbation to give yourself wood in pulling the ol' lever for the next failure in line after you didn't learn anything through voting TWICE for the last one...   Laughing 

All politics aside, anybody who would even consider voting for Hillary is a full-on mental midget.
Likewise for Jeb Bush. 

In fact, if we're going to keep running the Clintons and Bushes out there, let's just drop all the pretense and call ourselves the oligarchy that we are. Choice my fucking ass...

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:05 pm

JnC4GB wrote:MB, I can see what you're saying. I get it, I really do. The problem lies in the fact that squeaky wheels get the most airtime. The uglier, louder, and more obscene the better. How else to explain someone like Al Sharpton being given a seat at the table? Or Ann Coulter? Or...whomever. The shitlist goes on and on and on...

We share the same cynicism and disgust for our system. Where we differ, is I currently lack the anger to feel the urge to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Still think there's enough bits of good to be worked that I still will engage in this fucking shit.

I liken it to that old saying: Yes, I am married, but I ain't DEAD.  Wink
The problem with the left, contrary to what the right wing says, is that it's not nearly anywhere near left ENOUGH. That's true on a national level as well as at the grass roots. Every time the right lurches further to the right, the left tries to answer by moving along to the right with them (i.e., they sell out when the right-wing noise machine shouts the "L" word at them instead of actually standing for something). Today's "left" is more conservative than Richard Nixon was. Anyone who calls Obama or even the Clintons "liberals" is letting the media do their thinking for them. They are about as liberal as I am a spotted owl. 

That's where my resentment of the left comes from. If you're going to be a liberal, be a fucking LIBERAL. Don't stand behind people who sell out with conservative-lite policies. People like Obama and the Clintons and John Kerry and Harry Reid get paid to do shitty things like the healthcare sellout and attach liberalism to it so that it poisons the well for the ideology completely ("See what happens when you let the libruls run things? You get bullshit like Obamacare!" -and those people are right). This country desperately needs a true left to stand up to the utter stupidity and greed that runs the show in DC, not these feckless fuckfaces that do nothing but contribute to it.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:33 pm

This is what's running for governor in Maryland.    The tv ad is a trip.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unP6sg7J4aQ

I would love to hear your comments.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:55 am

I hate both parties. The Democrats have their heads up their asses on economic policy and the Republicans are assholes on social issues. The leaders on both sides are full of bluster and rhetoric.

We're going to hell in a hand basket anyway because our country is locked into a course that requires a massive military presence all over the globe to secure our access to oil. This is the mainspring that controls the actions of our nation.

Needless to say, there is a huge price tag to this policy, on a domestic level in compromised social services and on a global level in terrorism. It's only going to get worse... and Tweedledee and Tweedledum aren't going to be able to affect any substantive changes.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:53 am

MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton? Not a lot of big differences there. AT. ALL.

Likewise for Jeb Bush. 

In fact, if we're going to keep running the Clintons and Bushes out there, let's just drop all the pretense and call ourselves the oligarchy that we are. Choice my fucking ass...

MB, I agree.

And as for your comment HD, unless you didn't pull the ol' lever for Dubya TWICE you should probably STFU, amigo.   Cool 

As for Hillary Clinton? I consider her a moderate republican. After all, the Democratic Party is the only safe place for a moderate Republican to exist anymore...
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:26 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton? Not a lot of big differences there. AT. ALL.

Likewise for Jeb Bush. 

MB, I agree.

And as for your comment HD, unless you didn't pull the ol' lever for Dubya TWICE you should probably STFU, amigo.   Cool 

As for Hillary Clinton? I consider her a moderate republican. After all, the Democratic Party is the only safe place for a moderate Republican to exist anymore...

I voted for Dubya once and abstained the second time...  If I had it to do over again--knowing how close that first election was--I would have voted for him a thousand times by ten just to keep that completely false assload Al Gore out of office...  He could have turned out to be almost as bad as Obama has proven to be for this country...

Romney is ten times the leader of either Dubya or obviously Obama...  America gets what it deserves...

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:06 am

_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:
MB20 wrote:

Likewise for Jeb Bush. 

MB, I agree.

I voted for Dubya once and abstained the second time...  If I had it to do over again--knowing how close that first election was--I would have voted for him a thousand times by ten just to keep that completely false assload Al Gore out of office...  He could have turned out to be almost as bad as Obama has proven to be for this country...

Romney is ten times the leader of either Dubya or obviously Obama...  America gets what it deserves...

I don't understand your reverence for Romney. He's in the back pocket of the corporations just like all the others and I think he's particularly disconnected from the average Joe by virtue of the fact that he grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth and is a Mormon. No thank you.

There is not ONE fucking high profile American politician that I could connect with now. Not one. In 2008 I was intrigued by Obama because he talked the talk well, plus I was curious to see if having a black man in office would translate to positive change. Guess what? It didn't. I've totally soured on him since.

There is nobody worthwhile on our political landscape. Almost by definition, they're all slime. And that just feeds into my cynicism.

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:30 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:
MB20 wrote:

Likewise for Jeb Bush. 

MB, I agree.

I don't understand your reverence for Romney.  He's in the back pocket of the corporations just like all the others and I think he's particularly disconnected from the average Joe by virtue of the fact that he grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth and is a Mormon.  No thank you.

There is not ONE fucking high profile American politician that I could connect with now.  Not one.  In 2008 I was intrigued by Obama because he talked the talk well, plus I was curious to see if having a black man in office would translate to positive change.  Guess what?  It didn't.  I've totally soured on him since.

There is nobody worthwhile on our political landscape.  Almost by definition, they're all slime.  And that just feeds into my cynicism.

Don't be such a political pawn to the superficial idealogical soundbite, Duck...  You're smarter than that.  As political candidates go--Romney is a good man--first...and that alone sets him apart in the quest to find someone who stands a chance to hold principal above...  By now, the majority of America agrees--you all made a big mistake in that last election...

Utterly baffling to me how any thinking person could review Obama's first term and re-hire him for round 2...  

Pretty sad when a country billed *the land of opportunity* has so many *have nots* voting to protect their *hand outs* that this could happen.  The rest of you have no excuse other than just plain ol' cluelessness.  It was all there to see in advance--for those with any vision.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next