Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Datone Jones

3 posters

Go down

Datone Jones Empty Datone Jones

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:04 pm

Hey..........Datone Jones spent the entire offseason in Green Bay working out to get better (Green Bay is his new permanent home).    Let's see if it matters.

I think I also read that Sherrod is back on the field............doing WHAT................not sure.

Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhn!!!!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Datone Jones Empty Re: Datone Jones

Post by milani Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:52 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Hey..........Datone Jones spent the entire offseason in Green Bay working out to get better (Green Bay is his new permanent home).    Let's see if it matters.

I think I also read that Sherrod is back on the field............doing WHAT................not sure.

These dudes know that the window of opportunity closes so quickly for a football player. You either make it now or there are 7 rounds of draft picks each year ready to take your place. If you want to make it to NFL Network you have to have at least some resume`.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:18 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Hey..........Datone Jones spent the entire offseason in Green Bay working out to get better (Green Bay is his new permanent home).    Let's see if it matters.

Yes, I've heard both players are practicing and looking good. Sherrod of course is trying to come back from that horrific injury and Jones is trying to learn a new position with new techniques.

We got virtually nothing from these two players in 2013. If we can get some meaningful production out of them in 2014 it will be huge.

Side note: with Bulaga also back, all of a sudden our offensive line is looking solid... and deep. Assuming one of the young guys steps in to be a reliable center this is going to be a very strong unit. A significant upgrade over last year's unit which was good.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:44 pm

duck wrote:

Yes, I've heard both players are practicing and looking good.  Sherrod of course is trying to come back from that horrific injury and Jones is trying to learn a new position with new techniques.

We got virtually nothing from these two players in 2013.  If we can get some meaningful production out of them in 2014 it will be huge.

Side note:  with Bulaga also back, all of a sudden our offensive line is looking solid... and deep.  Assuming one of the young guys steps in to be a reliable center this is going to be a very strong unit.  A significant upgrade over last year's unit which was good.

Well then let's just blow out the Seahawks at their place to start off the season..........and then after that go EFFEN GREEN BAY DISTILLERY UN-EFFEN-EFFED-DEFEATED !!

Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhn!........and opposed to the ole Khuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun_   Embarassed    C'mon take a swig............I said TAKE A SWIG !!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:04 pm

duck wrote:

Yes, I've heard both players are practicing and looking good.  Sherrod of course is trying to come back from that horrific injury and Jones is trying to learn a new position with new techniques.

We got virtually nothing from these two players in 2013.  If we can get some meaningful production out of them in 2014 it will be huge.

Side note:  with Bulaga also back, all of a sudden our offensive line is looking solid... and deep.  Assuming one of the young guys steps in to be a reliable center this is going to be a very strong unit.  A significant upgrade over last year's unit which was good.

Packers.com is telling us this may be MM's best team to date. Find that hard to believe.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:34 pm

milani wrote:
duck wrote:

Packers.com is telling us this may be MM's best team to date. Find that hard to believe.

Well, obviously it's all speculation at this point. As always, it's going to come down to injuries: how many we get and where they hit us. Assuming the injury Gods smile on us this year and we don't lose our top players or get cleaned out of one position, 2014 does have the potential to be one of McCarthy's best teams. The offense should continue to be top five and balanced. Finally we have a running game that should be able to kill the clock in tight games. Special teams will at least not be a liability. Punting is reliable and Crosby seems to have rediscovered his mojo (even though I still don't trust him). It all boils down to how good our defense can be... and it's hard not to be somewhat optimistic with the addition of Peppers, the return of a healthy Matthews and the safety position theoretically addressed.

No rash predictions here. I definitely want to get a glimpse of this team in the preseason. However, I think the arrows are pointing the right way so far.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:28 pm

duck wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:

Well, obviously it's all speculation at this point.  As always, it's going to come down to injuries:  how many we get and where they hit us.  Assuming the injury Gods smile on us this year and we don't lose our top players or get cleaned out of one position, 2014 does have the potential to be one of McCarthy's best teams.  The offense should continue to be top five and balanced.  Finally we have a running game that should be able to kill the clock in tight games.  Special teams will at least not be a liability.  Punting is reliable and Crosby seems to have rediscovered his mojo (even though I still don't trust him).  It all boils down to how good our defense can be... and it's hard not to be somewhat optimistic with the addition of Peppers, the return of a healthy Matthews and the safety position theoretically addressed.

No rash predictions here.  I definitely want to get a glimpse of this team in the preseason.  However, I think the arrows are pointing the right way so far.
The fact of the matter is no one wants to pay face value for preseason tickets..............and I for one...............don't blame people for that.    In some ways this GREEN and GOLD system is a blessing.............avoids having to piss away $$ for 2 preseason games versus 1 preseason game.   Anybody want 2 tickets for the Chiefs game? 

GO PACKERs
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down