Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

---Jones---

Go down

---Jones--- Empty ---Jones---

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:33 pm

...versatility/athleticism will provide some options to plug him in where needed depending upon what shakes out with the injuries last year to Worthy/Perry. TT needs to hit on this first rounder... Looks like a solid pick...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

---Jones--- Empty Re: ---Jones---

Post by JnC4GB Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:57 pm

Wow. I forget how young these guys are...Body of a beast; voice of a kid.
That said, youngster's voice aside, I thought he sounded like a bright guy.

Feelin' pretty good about this pick.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:43 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Wow. I forget how young these guys are...Body of a beast; voice of a kid.
That said, youngster's voice aside, I thought he sounded like a bright guy.

Feelin' pretty good about this pick.

I like the way this guy stays square, sheds blockers and holds contain in the run game. No less than 19 fucking tackles for loss last season at UCLA. Depending upon how Perry recovers--I'm guessing they line Jones up on the end next to Pickett and Raji--and enough with this Pickett/Raji experiment--Pickett is a better NT-PERIOD. Let him eat up blockers on the inside and keep Raji back on the end--where the quickness of his feet can be better leveraged. Raji has been a disappointment since 2010--time for him to step up or ship out...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:56 pm

Now--not the fastest 40 time by a DL in the combine--but yeah baby--Jones carries the wood where it really counts for an edge-rush DE. Look at that 10 yard split time of 1.63--the best in the show... Very Happy

Now look at that core and upper body strength... As opposed to the tweaner the Pack was expected to take in the 1st round last year--Shea McClellen, Jones has the strength to bull rush a tackle and walk him back PLUS the explosiveness off the ball to be a legit pass rusher around the edge. This looks like a bona-fide three down elite prospect at 34 end to me who could also prove to be an excellent prospect at outside LB--should he prove to have the instincts to see a play unfolding and know when to put on the brakes and drop back into coverage. Increasingly so--my guess is they drafted him to touch the ground on the end...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down