Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Datone Jones

+2
JnC4GB
milani
6 posters

Go down

Datone Jones Empty Datone Jones

Post by milani Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:56 pm

Good, logical pick by TT. Now if we can break our 1st round jinx and keep this player healthy for a while. TT is determined to never run short of pass rushers and knows he also has to stop the run...or at least slow it down.

Looks like Mike Neal may be packing his bags for real and we might have someone to fill the shoes of Cullen Jenkins.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Datone Jones Empty Re: Datone Jones

Post by JnC4GB Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:33 am

It's Ryan Pickett, not Mike Neal, that will be going. At the age of 34 and in the last year of his contract this will be his last season with us. Book it.

This pick also tells me that we shouldn't be expecting much from Jerel Worthy and his reconstructed ACL this season.

Wilson and Mike Daniels are just guys...Mike Neal needs to, and should have, a good year. Now or never Mikey.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Datone Jones Empty more on Datone Jones

Post by ffaralli Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:50 am

...still leery of this guys.....sounds a bit like Nick Perry, who I am not at all sold on.
These are the things that I like about him....
FF
Intangibles
+ High character individual, extremely hard worker who has overcome very tough surroundings
+ Well spoken and football savvy, knew about each teams needs, personnel and where he would fit
+ In conversation, Jones was able to break down each position he played and the responsibilities
+ Passionate about the game of football, willing to do what it takes to be successful
+ Fits multiple schemes and can play multiple positions, willing to play any position on the line
+ Extremely hard worker off the field and in the weight room, set example for younger UCLA players

Overview:
Datone Jones is one of the top Defensive Linemen available in this year’s draft. He possesses an NFL ready frame, with excellent playing strength and bulk. He can play multiple positions along the defensive line and exhibits power pass rush moves from all of them. He has good quickness for his size, but his strength is his best tool. He plays with good leverage and is able to simply out muscle and overpower linemen.
At the Senior Bowl he showed much more violent hands which led to him being the most dominate defender in Mobile. Jones is still a bit raw as a pass rusher and will get better as he develops more pass rush moves. If needed he could add 10-15 pounds and move inside to 3-Tech where I believe he could develop into a stud as a pass rushing defensive tackle. Jones is a high-character individual, overcoming tough surroundings and circumstances to become a top prospect.
He is a focused and driven person, understanding schemes and defensive philosophies very well. As a prospect Jones’ combination of power, speed and pass rush potential will make him a top five defensive end prospect for the 2013 draft.

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:08 pm

Not being a draftnik I can't say I know much about the guy, other than what I read about him in various football forums, including this one.

I will say that I like the fact that he's considered to be powerful and physical. That's exactly what we need on defense.

I don't see TT whiffing on this one.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:30 pm

JnC4GB wrote:It's Ryan Pickett, not Mike Neal, that will be going. At the age of 34 and in the last year of his contract this will be his last season with us. Book it.

This pick also tells me that we shouldn't be expecting much from Jerel Worthy and his reconstructed ACL this season.

Wilson and Mike Daniels are just guys...Mike Neal needs to, and should have, a good year. Now or never Mikey.

Neal is still a bust. He'll never get any better. And he does not think on the field. True Pickett is coming to the end and he will need a replacement. He may not hold up for another season.

I see Jones, Raji, and Pickett in front. Then Perry, Bishop, Hawk, and Matthews behind them. Now we have to think of who can step up when they go down.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:42 pm

milani wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:It's Ryan Pickett, not Mike Neal, that will be going. At the age of 34 and in the last year of his contract this will be his last season with us. Book it.

Neal is still a bust. He'll never get any better. And he does not think on the field. True Pickett is coming to the end and he will need a replacement. He may not hold up for another season.

Pickett graded out again last year as their best D lineman. The guy really is amazing. Whether he stay's or go's next year will ultimately depend on how he plays this year and what the market for him might be like--but he's a guy who, as of now, is essentially playing on a series of one year contracts for the rest of his career. One of TT's career finest moves was picking up Pickett...

I see Jones, Raji, and Pickett in front. Then Perry, Bishop, Hawk, and Matthews behind them. Now we have to think of who can step up when they go down.

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:46 pm

_HD_ wrote:Pickett graded out again last year as their best D lineman. The guy really is amazing. Whether he stay's or go's next year will ultimately depend on how he plays this year and what the market for him might be like--but he's a guy who, as of now, is essentially playing on a series of one year contracts for the rest of his career. One of TT's career finest moves was picking up Pickett...

Yup... we don't talk much about Pickett... but he has turned out better than any of us could have hoped. TT doesn't do enough free agency, which is a shame, because he can do it very well.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:20 pm

raji wont get extended when his time is up
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down