Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tim Tebow, Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez and NY Jets' circus is the perfect storyline for HBO's 'Hard Knocks' series, like it or not

3 posters

Go down

Tim Tebow, Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez and NY Jets' circus is the perfect storyline for HBO's 'Hard Knocks' series, like it or not Empty Tim Tebow, Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez and NY Jets' circus is the perfect storyline for HBO's 'Hard Knocks' series, like it or not

Post by RickC Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:56 am

Tim Tebow, Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez and NY Jets' circus is the perfect storyline for HBO's 'Hard Knocks' series, like it or not

Gang Green would be great TV once again

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 12:39 PM

Updated: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 6:50 PM

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Antonelli, Ron, New York Daily News/Antonelli, Ron, New York Daily News

The Jet circus led by Rex Ryan and featuring Mark Sanchez (below) and Tim Tebow (bottom) would be a huge draw for the NFL training camp show on HBO.

Ron Antonelli/New York Daily News

Marc Serota/Getty Images

The most entertaining aspect of the Jets acquiring [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is listening to apoplectic gasbags, like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and other Valley of the Stupid associates, getting so twisted they may as well be describing the end of western civilization.

Wait, it’s only going to get better. We hope.

The way to push these blabbermouths — along with columnists and commentators offended by Jets “dysfunction” — over the edge is for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to go to HBO/NFL Films and tell them the Jets want to star in the 2012 edition of “Hard Knocks.”

Do it, Woody. Please do it.

Last year, the Jets, who turned in an incredible performance in the 2010 “Hard Knocks,” said they didn’t want back in. But last week [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], during an interview, left the door open a crack. He was non-committal. “I guess I need time to think about it (Hard Knocks),” Ryan said.

Think, then give “Hard Knocks” the green light. The fact it would drive Jets critics crazier than they already are is secondary. The primary motive would be to put on a show that will set the standard for sports reality TV programming.

Think of all the storylines: The coming of Tebow. The behind-the-scenes look at the Tebow/Sanchez relationship. Then there would be [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] leading a lockerroom that, according to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], is in “disarray.”

The coaches: Is Rex really serious about changing? What does new offensive coordinator [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have in store for Tebow? How do the Jets react to Tebowmaniacs who descend on Cortland?

There’s so much more, such as all the unpredictable baggage that always comes up with the Jets. Yes, this would be a show not to be missed. For the Jets, things are already crazy.

What’s one more crazy log on the fire?

Do “Hard Knocks.”

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RickC
RickC

Back to top Go down

Tim Tebow, Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez and NY Jets' circus is the perfect storyline for HBO's 'Hard Knocks' series, like it or not Empty Re: Tim Tebow, Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez and NY Jets' circus is the perfect storyline for HBO's 'Hard Knocks' series, like it or not

Post by LRJets Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:53 am

Rick, what bothers me is does Woody want a solid football team or sideshow?? I'd rather have a team that other coaches mark on their calendars when they have to play us. Rather be on the back page than Page Six.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Tim Tebow, Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez and NY Jets' circus is the perfect storyline for HBO's 'Hard Knocks' series, like it or not Empty Re: Tim Tebow, Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez and NY Jets' circus is the perfect storyline for HBO's 'Hard Knocks' series, like it or not

Post by RickC Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:23 am

LRJets wrote:Rick, what bothers me is does Woody want a solid football team or sideshow?? I'd rather have a team that other coaches mark on their calendars when they have to play us. Rather be on the back page than Page Six.

I think you can be both ...
RickC
RickC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:50 am

I say the Jets should avoid it like the plague.

They stand to gain nothing from this. In fact the only thing this could do is hurt the team. I am sure there will be tension left over from last season, plus the added stuff from the new Sanchez / Tebow dynamic. We don't need a round the clock crew taping every facet of this team.

They need to focus on nothing besides the game of football and fixing whatever was wrong with this team last season. Let someone else do Hard Knocks.

Back to top Go down

Post by lirok Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:08 am

This is all part of the Woody Johnson bullshit PR machine. Do we have a football team or a traveling vaudeville show ? They gain nothing from doing this except make another futile attempt to sell Woody'd PSL's
lirok
lirok

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down