Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tebow goes to the Jets...

Go down

Tebow goes to the Jets... Empty Tebow goes to the Jets...

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:24 pm

The Jets sent two picks -- a fourth-rounder and sixth-rounder in 2012 -- to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in exchange for a seventh-round selection.

Back to top Go down

Tebow goes to the Jets... Empty Re: Tebow goes to the Jets...

Post by leejr Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:11 pm

Just as Merril Hodge said,Jets will have to downgrade their offense same as Denver. He beat the Steelers great guy but,he's not a NFL QB
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Not so fast my friend!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:52 pm

leejr wrote:Just as Merril Hodge said,Jets will have to downgrade their offense same as Denver. He beat the Steelers great guy but,he's not a NFL QB

Keep telling yourselves that, as this non-NFL QB knocks your team out of the playoffs. AGAIN!!cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:16 pm

As a Jets fan, the news of the "snag" in the contract was the best news I have had all week. That trade would have been a big mistake. I am not saying Sanchez is an elite QB, though I think he has the ability to be a damn good one, IF he progresses. He has all the tools, on the other hand, Tebow is just a horrible QB from a mechanics standpoint. The Broncos should have hired a Short Stop to field all the short hops he threw last season.

I like Tebow, he's a tough kid, plays hard, but he is NOT an NFL QB. He is a TE / FB playing the role of an NFL QB.

Seriously 46% completion, and 123 YPG? Sorry but that is not conducive to winning in the passer happy NFL we have today. Last season was pure aberration.

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Thats all he is TE,FB.
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:30 pm

GangGreen wrote:As a Jets fan, the news of the "snag" in the contract was the best news I have had all week. That trade would have been a big mistake. I am not saying Sanchez is an elite QB, though I think he has the ability to be a damn good one, IF he progresses. He has all the tools, on the other hand, Tebow is just a horrible QB from a mechanics standpoint. The Broncos should have hired a Short Stop to field all the short hops he threw last season.

I like Tebow, he's a tough kid, plays hard, but he is NOT an NFL QB. He is a TE / FB playing the role of an NFL QB.

Seriously 46% completion, and 123 YPG? Sorry but that is not conducive to winning in the passer happy NFL we have today. Last season was pure aberration.

If he, like Sanchez, was given a starting job from day one with a good defense on his side, he probably could turn into something. He was one of the better QBs in college. In the NFL he seems to throw balls away rather than take any chance with an INT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:48 pm

PatsRBest wrote:
GangGreen wrote:As a Jets fan, the news of the "snag" in the contract was the best news I have had all week. That trade would have been a big mistake. I am not saying Sanchez is an elite QB, though I think he has the ability to be a damn good one, IF he progresses. He has all the tools, on the other hand, Tebow is just a horrible QB from a mechanics standpoint. The Broncos should have hired a Short Stop to field all the short hops he threw last season.

If he, like Sanchez, was given a starting job from day one with a good defense on his side, he probably could turn into something. He was one of the better QBs in college. In the NFL he seems to throw balls away rather than take any chance with an INT.

Ooof No...

Sanchez is far from the best QB in the league, but he is definitely better than Tebow. Sanchez has at least shown he can be a quality NFL QB, and last season he started off pretty good, fell off the last 6 games or so, but before that he had a 2-1 TD/INT Ratio, was on pace for about 3800 yards, had a completion % of 60, a QBR over 85, etc. Then the wheels fell off.

Tebow has never (on the NFL level) shown he can be a quality passer. Most of the damage he does, he does with his legs. Hell he only threw for 107 YPG last season, and Decker, Thomas etc were catching balls off their shoe-tops all season. His mechanics are just plain bad, but I will give you this much. He did throw the ball away rather than chance an INT, something Sanchez needs to learn.

BTW, if Sanchez repeats all his other #'s this year and only changes that, along with protecting the ball better. He is a top 15QB. What really killed him more than anything last season were the fumbles, but tossing it away when needed and cutting 5INTs off his stat sheet makes him look pretty good. 3500+ yards, 28 TDs, 13INTs, etc... Not a bad season.

Tebow would have to do a lot more than make two simple adjustments to be a viable starting QB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down