Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big 4 scouting report.

Go down

Big 4 scouting report. Empty Big 4 scouting report.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:38 pm

TRENT RICHARDSON
Running back, 5-9 1/4, 228
Bottom line:
Powerful bellcow back with a unique combination of run strength, balance and explosive tackle-breaking power. Regularly faced stacked boxes and still entered the Alabama record books with jaw-dropping, reverse-field, highlight-reel runs that demonstrated the ability to run over or around tacklers.
Concerns: Bow-legged and tight-hipped and does not have elite feet in the hole. Not an accomplished route runner. Might need to tame his aggression to preserve his body. A bit naive and has been involved with some of the wrong people in the past.
JUSTIN BLACKMON
Wide receiver, 6-0 7/8, 207
Bottom line:
Exceptional hands catcher. Consistently moves the sticks on third downs and in critical situations despite facing extra attention. Has drawn the most comparisons to Anquan Boldin from NFL evaluators, but Blackmon is not as strong or physical and is more savvy playing the ball, with a wider catching radius. Can play inside or outside and bring an intense presence but was not instantly impactful in college and might not possess the elite physical traits to scare defensive backs readily in the pros. A good, accomplished football player.
Concerns: Average initial quickness off the line. Hip tightness apparent. Will struggle to separate vertically from quick corners. Not an overly creative or elusive playmaker. Can be distracted by some of the trappings of the game.
MORRIS CLAIBORNE
Cornerback, 5-11 1/8, 188
Bottom line:
Rare arm length. Maintains great positioning. Can read through his man to the quarterback. Plays the ball like a receiver. A well-built, rangy, long-limbed, confident, press, man cover corner with the ball skill, toughness and swagger to lock down No. 1 receivers in the pros. Makes the game look easy. Should factor readily.
Concerns: Has small hands. tends to rise in his pedal. Did not perform like an elite athlete at the Combine ... only a 34 1/2-inch vertical jump. Not consistently physical in run support. Tends to shoestring tackle some big backs.
RYAN TANNEHILL
Quarterback, 6-3 7/8, 221
Bottom line:
Very good size, arm strength and athletic ability. Can thread the deep out. Physically tough. Highly focused and determined. Having converted from receiver midway through his junior season, far from finished. Clearly possesses NFL starter-quality talent but will need a few years of seasoning. Struggles to find rhythm in a timing passing game. Could be best suited for a vertical attack.
Concerns: A bit duck-footed. Too much wasted motion in delivery. Release point often drops low, resulting in batted balls. Can be rattled by the blitz .... eyes drop to pressure. Muddled decision maker. Flustered by onset of adversity. Wound too tightly.

Back to top Go down

Big 4 scouting report. Empty Re: Big 4 scouting report.

Post by wyckedheart8 Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:50 pm

No one should be concerned about Richardsons route running, he is a freaking RB not a WR, he wont be running 15-25 yard routes that has 2 or more route changes in it, he will be running screens,quick out n ups 4-6 yard up the middle turn n stop routes.and I kinda like my RB thats agressive, and I would have loves to have had Blackmon ( I said that 6 months ago) or Clairborne, Tanninhill, hey if he is there in round 2 or 3, take him, otherwise he isnt a first round pick, as I said in another post the guy was a projected 2-3rd round pick basck in December by everyone and nothing IMO has changed for him to be taken in round 1 especially the first 15 picks, Tannenhill wont be ready to take a snap and lead a team for at least 3 years min, now if a team wants to move up a couple spots and give the Browns a couple more pick in this years draft I say go for it as long as the Browns dont drop lower then 6 or 7th, they can still get a damn good player at 7 along with another pick or two, possibly another 2nd rd pick and either a 3rd or 4th maybe their 1st rd pick in 2013, who the hell knows how that would play out, i have seen all kind of trades for picks over the years. who knows, maybe they will be able to get into position for that USC QB next season (cant even rember his name) but a few on this board seems to love him.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Tannehil started 19 games for A&M. threw 3 INTS last year vs Okie, Okie St, and Texas IN EACH GAME! If they draft him at 4 Im done!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:33 pm

wyckedheart8 wrote:No one should be concerned about Richardsons route running, he is a freaking RB not a WR, he wont be running 15-25 yard routes that has 2 or more route changes in it, he will be running screens,quick out n ups 4-6 yard up the middle turn n stop routes.and I kinda like my RB thats agressive, and I would have loves to have had Blackmon ( I said that 6 months ago) or Clairborne, Tanninhill, hey if he is there in round 2 or 3, take him, otherwise he isnt a first round pick, as I said in another post the guy was a projected 2-3rd round pick basck in December by everyone and nothing IMO has changed for him to be taken in round 1 especially the first 15 picks, Tannenhill wont be ready to take a snap and lead a team for at least 3 years min, now if a team wants to move up a couple spots and give the Browns a couple more pick in this years draft I say go for it as long as the Browns dont drop lower then 6 or 7th, they can still get a damn good player at 7 along with another pick or two, possibly another 2nd rd pick and either a 3rd or 4th maybe their 1st rd pick in 2013, who the hell knows how that would play out, i have seen all kind of trades for picks over the years. who knows, maybe they will be able to get into position for that USC QB next season (cant even rember his name) but a few on this board seems to love him.

Matt Barkley is a stud,That said, I want to win NOW

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:20 pm

dnn3m wrote:Tannehil started 19 games for A&M. threw 3 INTS last year vs Okie, Okie St, and Texas IN EACH GAME! If they draft him at 4 Im done!

I'm with you on this one. I think this would be the worst mistake and the worst 1st round pick they would have ever have done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down