Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Injury report

+2
milani
duck
6 posters

Go down

Injury report Empty Injury report

Post by Guest Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:23 pm

If Lang can't go--that's gonna sting in allllllll the wrong places.  The Pack's run game was like 12 for 29 after Newhouse came in at T and Barclay shifted to Guard...  My guess is that he has a miraculous recovery...  As JnC pointed out--this is a BIG game for many, many reasons...  Fatty's gonna need to bring some wood for this one...  Wink 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Injury report Empty Re: Injury report

Post by duck Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:12 pm

_HD_ wrote:If Lang can't go--that's gonna sting in allllllll the wrong places.  The Pack's run game was like 12 for 29 after Newhouse came in at T and Barclay shifted to Guard...  My guess is that he has a miraculous recovery...  As JnC pointed out--this is a BIG game for many, many reasons...  Fatty's gonna need to bring some wood for this one...  Wink 

One thing we can agree on is that the differential between Lang and Newhouse is immeasurable.  I'll be stunned and disappointed if he doesn't play.

Another interesting aspect about the injury report for this week (so far anyway) is that Rodgers still hasn't been ruled out.  I'm sure it's all gamesmanship by MM and frankly, I wouldn't want him to play this week and jeopardize the healing process.  Nevertheless, things are looking better than they did Monday night right after he went down.  Read this letter in Ketchman's column.  Anyone know anything about "chip fractures?"  Is this guy for real or full of shit?

I know this question/comment probably won’t get posted but I know all of Packer nation is holding their breath on Rodgers and I have some great news. Rodgers only sustained what we call a chip fracture (I’m a medical student). It’s the best news we could hope for because a chip fracture does not limit movement and will not inhibit Rodgers’ play. All you need to do is provide adequate pain relief and he’s good to go. Expect Rodgers to be back by Thanksgiving or, if we’re lucky, even sooner.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:40 pm

_HD_ wrote:If Lang can't go--that's gonna sting in allllllll the wrong places.  The Pack's run game was like 12 for 29 after Newhouse came in at T and Barclay shifted to Guard...  My guess is that he has a miraculous recovery...  As JnC pointed out--this is a BIG game for many, many reasons...  Fatty's gonna need to bring some wood for this one...  Wink 

I believe MM said that Lang had gone through tests and so far so good. But they will see what he looks like tomorrow. They are on a short week. Hopefully, he's OK to go. Unlike some concussions he stayed on the sideline the other night just like Favre did after he throw a TD. The blow to the head was a lot less painful for him than having to watch Doug Pederson take over for him.

Incidentally, there was only one instance when Favre had to leave a game from injury and we still managed to win it. It was vs. the Redskins back in 2002 I believe. Arrington crushed his leg and Pederson and our defense managed a victory over Spurrier's gang. For that game many of us did not have the regional telecast at the time. The play by play was broadcast over the Packer Chat Room by none other than Ringo himself who had local coverage in the D.C. area. His description of Favre getting hurt was very graphic and we were all scared. But then he brought the G Force decibels so loud that the Skin's QB was sacked several times in the 4th quarter to seal the deal.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:44 pm

milani wrote:

I believe MM said that Lang had gone through tests and so far so good. But they will see what he looks like tomorrow. They are on a short week. Hopefully, he's OK to go. Unlike some concussions he stayed on the sideline the other night just like Favre did after he throw a TD. The blow to the head was a lot less painful for him than having to watch Doug Pederson take over for him.

Incidentally, there was only one instance when Favre had to leave a game from injury and we still managed to win it. It was vs. the Redskins back in 2002 I believe. Arrington crushed his leg and Pederson and our defense managed a victory over Spurrier's gang. For that game many of us did not have the regional telecast at the time. The play by play was broadcast over the Packer Chat Room by none other than Ringo himself who had local coverage in the D.C. area. His description of Favre getting hurt was very graphic and we were all scared. But then he brought the G Force decibels so loud that the Skin's QB was sacked several times in the 4th quarter to seal the deal.
Tee Hee Hee Hee Hee  !! Laughing
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:27 pm

i watch the video on packer.com about the close misses we had on defense and offense,it showed newhouse gettin burned on a spin move and jordy was wide frickin open by 15 yards and had tons of yards to run but senaca got sacked,on the other sack he had jones wide open,so yeah we are hurtin if lang is out.If we can protect senaca i have faith in him doin ok.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:37 pm

duck wrote:

One thing we can agree on is that the differential between Lang and Newhouse is immeasurable.  I'll be stunned and disappointed if he doesn't play.

Another interesting aspect about the injury report for this week (so far anyway) is that Rodgers still hasn't been ruled out.  I'm sure it's all gamesmanship by MM and frankly, I wouldn't want him to play this week and jeopardize the healing process.  Nevertheless, things are looking better than they did Monday night right after he went down.  Read this letter in Ketchman's column.  Anyone know anything about "chip fractures?"  Is this guy for real or full of shit?

I know this question/comment probably won’t get posted but I know all of Packer nation is holding their breath on Rodgers and I have some great news. Rodgers only sustained what we call a chip fracture (I’m a medical student). It’s the best news we could hope for because a chip fracture does not limit movement and will not inhibit Rodgers’ play. All you need to do is provide adequate pain relief and he’s good to go. Expect Rodgers to be back by Thanksgiving or, if we’re lucky, even sooner.

Is it worth it to him to come back sooner and risk hurting himself and possibly then knocking himself out for the season? 
I'd rather him heal the time he needs to and then come back 100%.
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:51 pm

I can't say anything about "chip fractures," but I did read that Lang was at practice today and is likely to play Sunday. I mean, he'd pretty much have to not know his own name to not play

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:56 am

duck wrote:

Chip fracture is pretty much all about getting over the pain.  If that's all it is--then the Viqueen game is a REAL likelihood.  The fact that he wasn't in a sling Monday night was very telling...  The bitches appear to be milking this--if so--  NOT a good sign.  If you've got it--BRING it.  WTF?

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:03 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Chip fracture is pretty much all about getting over the pain.  If that's all it is--then the Viqueen game is a REAL likelihood.  The fact that he wasn't in a sling Monday night was very telling...  The bitches appear to be milking this--if so--  NOT a good sign.  If you've got it--BRING it.  WTF?
I would never suggest Rodgers is wussy.  To the contrary, he's almost been as durable as his predecessor and we've all seen him absorb a lot of punishment with all those sacks he takes.  The man is a tough gutsy competitor.

But there's something fishy going on regarding his injury.  I don't know exactly what it is but something just doesn't seem right.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:20 pm

Yeah well you look at the betting line.......with Rodgers the Packers were 10 point favorites.    With Wallace the Packers are 1 point favorites. 

Packers special teams better be ready to contribute on both sides of the ball.    This game could be decided by special teams play.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:02 pm

7 TD passes last week. This is one time I wish Vick was starting against us.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:02 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Yeah well you look at the betting line.......with Rodgers the Packers were 10 point favorites.    With Wallace the Packers are 1 point favorites. 

Packers special teams better be ready to contribute on both sides of the ball.    This game could be decided by special teams play.
Special teams and coaching...  Emboldened by the success with it last week--watch for Fatty to go to the well once too often and try something stupid on special teams...  I'm guessing fake FG.  Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:31 am

_HD_ wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:Yeah well you look at the betting line.......with Rodgers the Packers were 10 point favorites.    With Wallace the Packers are 1 point favorites. 

Special teams and coaching...  Emboldened by the success with it last week--watch for Fatty to go to the well once too often and try something stupid on special teams...  I'm guessing fake FG.  Cool
Oh yes.......let's not forget COACHING.  Look's as though Fatty's streak came to an end last Monday night.   TT's streak came to an end also........i.e., no good backup for Rodgers and a defense that could not stop a mediocre offense, and no good backups on the offensive line and TE (what kind of GM-ing is this anyway?).    This sell-out since 1960 gives little or no incentive to Murphy, TT and Fatty other than if and only if they have bonuses tied to performance (which should be public info since the team is owned by the fans).  And another streak was blemished by Da Bears win the other night........the Lambeau Field home record.  The Packers had been nearly unbeatable at home, winning 10 straight and 23 of their last 24 games. The Bears had dropped five in a row at Lambeau Field, last winning in 2007.    OK so now the shoe is on the other foot......gotta re-trench and get ready for some football.  BRING IT TO LAMBEAU GOLD PACKAGE FANS!!   

I still predict a Packers victory and a Lions victory today.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:34 pm

_HD_ wrote:

Sadly, I'm inclined to agree with you here.

The good news is that since MM has shown that in the past our opponents can't play as aggressive on special teams as they normally might.

We shall see...
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:53 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Sadly, I'm inclined to agree with you here.

The good news is that since MM has shown that in the past our opponents can't play as aggressive on special teams as they normally might.

We shall see...
OK so let's all give ourselves a kiss on the cheek for correctly stating the importance of Special Teams today, i.e., Crosby's missed FGs changed the dynamics of the Packers red zone game.....which played its usual sucky self.    Had Crosby connected early on the FGs the game dynamics would have been much different.   But then again watching the Eagles run the ball down the Packers throat in the 4th quarter (after the Packers winning the time of possession battle.........and losing the turnover battle and basic tackling battle (AGAIN!!) ........ the outcome would have probably been the same.   At least Da Bears lost too.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:09 pm

Ringo, thanks for selling me the Acme tickets. Had it have been for the Philly or Bears game the trip would have been a total waste.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down