Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This isn't your Mom and Dad's Cleveland Browns...

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This isn't your Mom and Dad's Cleveland Browns... Empty This isn't your Mom and Dad's Cleveland Browns...

Post by diehardsteersfan Thu May 08, 2014 9:33 pm

They are playing the draft like geniuses.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

This isn't your Mom and Dad's Cleveland Browns... Empty Re: This isn't your Mom and Dad's Cleveland Browns...

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 9:42 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:They are playing the draft like geniuses.
Total joke! The mistake by the lake is the laughing stock of the NFL yet again. The Browns will never have a good team. On the flip side, I love Ray Farmer. lmao

Back to top Go down

This isn't your Mom and Dad's Cleveland Browns... Empty Re: This isn't your Mom and Dad's Cleveland Browns...

Post by diehardsteersfan Thu May 08, 2014 10:03 pm

Steely wrote:
Total joke! The mistake by the lake is the laughing stock of the NFL yet again. The Browns will never have a good team. On the flip side, I love Ray Farmer. lmao

I had no idea that the corner they drafted was so bad.  I was impressed how they got another 1st round draft pick for next year and a fourth and still only drop 5 or 6 spots.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 08, 2014 10:05 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Steely wrote:

I had no idea that the corner they drafted was so bad.  I was impressed how they got another 1st round draft pick for next year and a fourth and still only drop 5 or 6 spots.
Like the Browns fans always say "Wait until next year!" (Next years draft that is)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 08, 2014 10:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Thu May 08, 2014 11:08 pm

Admin wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Brown's drafted Johnny Manzell.  That dude might not survive the hits he is going to get in the NFL.  The dude is my height.  I'd say about the time he scrambles around to make a big play and with our new linebacker on the prowl, this guy will get rocked up quite a bit.  Smile

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Fri May 09, 2014 9:35 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:

The Brown's drafted Johnny Manzell.  That dude might not survive the hits he is going to get in the NFL.  The dude is my height.  I'd say about the time he scrambles around to make a big play and with our new linebacker on the prowl, this guy will get rocked up quite a bit.  Smile

Kinda like those puney QB's Brady and Brees?  cheers
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Fri May 09, 2014 9:46 am

Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

Hey, it was in fun.  You guys got alot to be happy for in this draft.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Fri May 09, 2014 9:50 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

My dog is happy I refrained from punting him across the family room...LOL
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Fri May 09, 2014 9:59 am

Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

My dog is happy I refrained from punting him across the family room...LOL

I bet your dog has some self-esteem issues.  Smile  Poor thing.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 10:42 am

Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

Tom Brady is 6'4, 225 pounds. That's not puny.. Brady and Brees are pure pocket passers. Johnny Manziel is a Doug Flutie at best. Just like with Weeden and Quinn, I'm glad the Browns got Manziel. This is the 3rd QB the Browns have drafted with the 22nd pick of the 1st round. The definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and over again, while expecting different results.

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Fri May 09, 2014 12:28 pm

Steely wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

Tom Brady is 6'4, 225 pounds. That's not puny.. Brady and Brees are pure pocket passers. Johnny Manziel is a Doug Flutie at best. Just like with Weeden and Quinn, I'm glad the Browns got Manziel. This is the 3rd QB the Browns have drafted with the 22nd pick of the 1st round. The definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and over again, while expecting different results.

Brees is 6'....Manziel is 6'1"    Brees was crap until he hit N.O. You haven't even seen Howie Manziel take a snap, yet you know he's once again one of the Browns 452 draft flops..hehehe!!...If Brady is 225lbs, then I'm 6'8" and 350...Look at pics of him in his rookie year....RUNT!!....Such a hater, Steve!!
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 1:26 pm

Randell60 wrote:
Steely wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

Brees is 6'....Manziel is 6'1"    Brees was crap until he hit N.O. You haven't even seen Howie Manziel take a snap, yet you know he's once again one of the Browns 452 draft flops..hehehe!!...If Brady is 225lbs, then I'm 6'8" and 350...Look at pics of him in his rookie year....RUNT!!....Such a hater, Steve!!
Drew Brees last 2 seasons with the Chargers were good. He's a pure pocket passer, as is Brady.. Manziel will get killed out there. His game is similar to Doug Flutie's game. I'm just keeping it real. Sammy Watkins and Blake Bortles were the 2 players I did not want the Browns to get.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 3:02 pm

How do the Browns justify passing on Khalil Mack and Sammy Watkins? I just dont get the trade down

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 09, 2014 7:36 pm

captnbrojangles wrote:How do the Browns justify passing on Khalil Mack and Sammy Watkins? I just dont get the trade down
 I got a feeling Khalil Mack is gonna be a beast.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Sat May 10, 2014 9:49 am

Steely wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
Steely wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

Drew Brees last 2 seasons with the Chargers were good. He's a pure pocket passer, as is Brady.. Manziel will get killed out there. His game is similar to Doug Flutie's game. I'm just keeping it real. Sammy Watkins and Blake Bortles were the 2 players I did not want the Browns to get.

Truthfully, how many pure pocket passers are there? Even Roethlisberger spends more time out of it than in it.  Brady was a runt his rookie year, period!... and if Brees was so good in SD, they would have never let him go.
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Sat May 10, 2014 9:54 am

captnbrojangles wrote:How do the Browns justify passing on Khalil Mack and Sammy Watkins? I just dont get the trade down

I would have NEVER passed up Watkins, even more magnified since Adolph Goodell just happened to do a drug test, on draft weekend, of Pot Head Gordon.
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 10:52 am

OMG..  Love that!!!!!!!!  Thanks for the flashback of The Rock.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2014 8:00 pm

Randell60 wrote:
Steely wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

Manziel is 5'11 and 3/4

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Sun May 11, 2014 3:15 pm

captnbrojangles wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
Steely wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

Manziel is 5'11 and 3/4

Johnny Manziel
Football player

[*]
Jonathan Paul Manziel, also known by his nickname "Johnny Football", is an American football quarterback for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Browns with the 22nd overall pick of the 2014 NFL Draft. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[*]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: December 6, 1992 (age 21), [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[*]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: 6' 1" (1.85 m)

[*]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: American

[*]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: 209 lbs (95 kg)

[*]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[*]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (2011–2013), [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (2007–2011)
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 7:05 pm

Johnny Manziel misses 6-foot mark at NFL scouting combine
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Height could be less of a concern for Johnny Manziel (top) given the success of smaller QBs like Russell Wilson. (John W. McDonough/SI)
INDIANAPOLIS — “I’m going to measure 6 feet,” Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. “I’m 72 inches on the dot.”
Almost. But not quite.
Manziel checked in at 5-foot-11 and 3/4 Friday morning at the NFL scouting combine, narrowly missing that 6-0 cutoff. Will that quarter-of-an-inch deficiency hurt Manziel in the long run? Probably not. At this point, Manziel’s lack of ideal height is a known quantity. He even talked about the importance of Russell Wilson’s success in the NFL after Wilson recorded a 5-10 5/8 height mark at the combine two years ago.

“I think he’s kicked the door wide open,” Manziel [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. “You’re seeing more guys being successful avoiding that first wave of pressure — get out and do things outside the pocket.”
MORE: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
For what it’s worth, Manziel also fell well shy (as everyone knew he would) of fellow potential first-round QB picks Teddy Bridgewater (6-2 1/Cool and Blake Bortles (6-5).
Manziel’s reputation as more of a playmaker and less of a pocket passer could minimize how badly NFL teams dock him for the sub-6 foot height. Wilson wound up being selected in Round 3 by the Seahawks, who then took advantage of his ability to shift the pocket while reworking their offense. Manziel should offer similar positives once he makes it to the league.
Still, there is a bit of a stigma in the NFL regarding committing to a “short” quarterback as a franchise guy. The dream QB candidate stands closer to Bortles’ height. Even Bridgewater, at a little more than 6-2, is bordering on being undersized.
Like Wilson, Manziel did measure well in hand size, another important attribute for QBs — the larger the hand, the less the perceived risk of fumbling or mishandling snaps. Wilson hit at 10 1/4-inch in that category at the combine; Manziel was at 9 7/8 on Friday, better than Bridgewater or Bortles (9 1/4 and 9 3/8, respectively).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 9:20 pm

It doesn't matter if he's 6 ft 8inches tall, two hundred and 40 pounds, with a hand span of 19 inches. He cannot succeed if he has no one to throw too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Dmounts wrote:It doesn't matter if he's 6 ft 8inches tall, two hundred and 40 pounds, with a hand span of 19 inches. He cannot succeed if he has no one to throw too.
 True..... so who did the Browns add to give him a target? You can forget Josh Gordon this year. I beleive his suspension will loom large in a very negative fashion for the Browns this up coming season.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Mon May 12, 2014 9:32 am

captnbrojangles wrote:Johnny Manziel misses 6-foot mark at NFL scouting combine
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Height could be less of a concern for Johnny Manziel (top) given the success of smaller QBs like Russell Wilson. (John W. McDonough/SI)
INDIANAPOLIS — “I’m going to measure 6 feet,” Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. “I’m 72 inches on the dot.”
Almost. But not quite.
Manziel checked in at 5-foot-11 and 3/4 Friday morning at the NFL scouting combine, narrowly missing that 6-0 cutoff. Will that quarter-of-an-inch deficiency hurt Manziel in the long run? Probably not. At this point, Manziel’s lack of ideal height is a known quantity. He even talked about the importance of Russell Wilson’s success in the NFL after Wilson recorded a 5-10 5/8 height mark at the combine two years ago.

“I think he’s kicked the door wide open,” Manziel [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. “You’re seeing more guys being successful avoiding that first wave of pressure — get out and do things outside the pocket.”
MORE: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
For what it’s worth, Manziel also fell well shy (as everyone knew he would) of fellow potential first-round QB picks Teddy Bridgewater (6-2 1/Cool and Blake Bortles (6-5).
Manziel’s reputation as more of a playmaker and less of a pocket passer could minimize how badly NFL teams dock him for the sub-6 foot height. Wilson wound up being selected in Round 3 by the Seahawks, who then took advantage of his ability to shift the pocket while reworking their offense. Manziel should offer similar positives once he makes it to the league.
Still, there is a bit of a stigma in the NFL regarding committing to a “short” quarterback as a franchise guy. The dream QB candidate stands closer to Bortles’ height. Even Bridgewater, at a little more than 6-2, is bordering on being undersized.
Like Wilson, Manziel did measure well in hand size, another important attribute for QBs — the larger the hand, the less the perceived risk of fumbling or mishandling snaps. Wilson hit at 10 1/4-inch in that category at the combine; Manziel was at 9 7/8 on Friday, better than Bridgewater or Bortles (9 1/4 and 9 3/8, respectively).

Come on Captain....He's 6' 1" when wearing his Pumps....Everyone knows this....Sheeeeesh!!!
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Mon May 12, 2014 9:35 am

Admin wrote:
Dmounts wrote:It doesn't matter if he's 6 ft 8inches tall, two hundred and 40 pounds, with a hand span of 19 inches. He cannot succeed if he has no one to throw too.
 True..... so who did the Browns add to give him a target? You can forget Josh Gordon this year. I beleive his suspension will loom large in a very negative fashion for the Browns this up coming season.

My guess would be. he'll just run around and throw to the other team....Thanks Josh Gordumb....friggin pot head!!
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next