Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schedule Thoughts

2 posters

Go down

Schedule Thoughts Empty Schedule Thoughts

Post by LRJets Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:08 pm

[size=16]The toughest week of the schedule for the Jets comes in October when they have four days between games with the Broncos and the Patriots (Thursday night game). The Jets played the same two teams in this situation in 2011 in reverse order and it blew up their season. The beginning of the season is NFC heavy with three straight NFC opponents starting in Week 2.[/size]

[size=16]The final six games look promising.  Winning 4 would be nice.[/size]

[size=16]We play in GB early, won't be cold.  We do play Minnwesota outdoors in December. Brrrr.[/size]

[size=16]We face Brady, PManning, Cutler, Ben, Rivers etc.  Looks like our D has to bring it's A game weekly.[/size]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Schedule Thoughts Empty Re: Schedule Thoughts

Post by wassejet Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:18 am

LRJets wrote:

[size=16]We face Brady, PManning, Cutler, Ben, Rivers etc.  Looks like our D has to bring it's A game weekly.[/size]
Last year the D was on the field an inordinate amount of time due to turnovers and too many "three and outs." Despite that, the Jets went 8-8. Therefore, all it requires is for the Jets O to establish itself by holding on to the ball, not turning it over so much, and put up a few more points so that the D doesn't feel it has to pitch a shutout everytime out. I think Vick will give stability, experience and some dynamism to the O right away, but I will support whomever wins the QB battle. I just hope they don't annoint Smith simply because he's younger and "represents the future." He wasn't drafted high enough nor perform well enough last year to merit that ranking.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:07 pm

wassejet wrote:
LRJets wrote:

Last year the D was on the field an inordinate amount of time due to turnovers and too many "three and outs." Despite that, the Jets went 8-8. Therefore, all it requires is for the Jets O to establish itself by holding on to the ball, not turning it over so much, and put up a few more points so that the D doesn't feel it has to pitch a shutout everytime out. I think Vick will give stability, experience and some dynamism to the O right away, but I will support whomever wins the QB battle. I just hope they don't annoint Smith simply because he's younger and "represents the future." He wasn't drafted high enough nor perform well enough last year to merit that ranking.

Not only do I think it's stupid when the "analysts" not only pick a team's record before the draft, but they actually show the individual game's winer/loser.
To me, you can only think in the box generically at this point.  Logic should show that if the Jets won 8 last season, all things being equal ( a more experienced quarterback this season being either Geno or Vick), more offensive weapons, etc., etc., should equal at least one more win .  
But..........as they say, "that's why they play the games".
(Apologies for the mish mosh in my previous post above. I used the same post on a Jets blog (SNY Jets), so when I copied  and pasted it  here, all the  crap appeared.)
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:56 am

LRJets wrote:

(Apologies for the mish mosh in my previous post above. I used the same post on a Jets blog (SNY Jets), so when I copied  and pasted it  here, all the  crap appeared.)
You got the message across. That's what counts. 

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down