Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Schedule

+3
milani
duck
JnC4GB
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Schedule Empty The Schedule

Post by JnC4GB Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:25 am

Anyone else tired of the Packers getting hosed by the schedule makers?

Yeah, yeah, it's a testament to their popularity and prowess to get scheduled as the opening day opponent for the Super Bowl team, but shit man, EVERY YEAR?

And 3 out of 4 of the first 4 are on the road? 

At least we get to finish the year with 3 very winnable games...for what that's worth.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The Schedule Empty Re: The Schedule

Post by duck Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:17 am

Wow, JnC, I have a completely different take on the schedule:  I like it.

First of all, I like the placement of the bye... smack dab in the middle of the season.

I like the fact that in games 3-5 we take on our divisional opponents, giving us an opportunity to get an early stranglehold on the NFC North.

I'm glad we do NOT play on Thanksgiving.

I like the fact that we close with three relatively easier games.

I don't have any problem opening with the Seahawks on Thursday night.  We have to play them anyway... might as well get it over with early.  Plus, after their dominating win in the Super Bowl, they could very well be a little complacent and overconfident.  IMHO it would be worse to face them midseason when they're a well-oiled machine.

I'm not wild about the Thursday time slot and would prefer a couple more Mondays instead but that's nitpicking.  Given who we have to play and where, I think the schedule is just fine.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:14 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Anyone else tired of the Packers getting hosed by the schedule makers?

Yeah, yeah, it's a testament to their popularity and prowess to get scheduled as the opening day opponent for the Super Bowl team, but shit man, EVERY YEAR?

At least we get to finish the year with 3 very winnable games...for what that's worth.

Yup--it's all about the almighty dollar--and you lead with your best knockout punch...   Wink 

But actually, I'm going to pack sunshine and daisies up my ass with Duck on this one and go on the record as being pleased with the schedule.  A good kick in the nuts to start the season could be just what this team needs to get their asses out of the clubhouse and start operating with some urgency right from the start...

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:46 pm

All good points...And, yeah, the BYE (which we got screwed on last year) excellently placed.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:50 pm

The good news is we don't play Turkey Day and we don't have to go to England.

But this 2 Thursday nights, 2 Sunday nights, and a MNF.  An MM schedule for sure.
Playing Seattle on kickoff night is a bad omen other than the fact that we may be healthy. Worse than playing SF last season. If MM beats them he should be coach of the year.
I prefer the vanilla schedule of Sundays with 3:15 PM ala Ringo.
It allows for a late hullabaloo on Saturday night, church on Sunday morning, ( well maybe not ) and a hearty tailgate before kickoff.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:43 pm

6 prime time games (including the Raiders game)............and 6 straight in cold weather.   The MNF game versus the Falcons perplexes me ......... who cares about the Falcons particularly without Tony Gonzales on the field.   Would have thought the home MNF game would have been versus the Patriots or Panthers.    

Agree with HD........the opener should have everyone ready for football.   GO PACK GO.   Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhn!!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:18 pm

milani wrote:The good news is we don't play Turkey Day and we don't have to go to England.

But this 2 Thursday nights, 2 Sunday nights, and a MNF.  An MM schedule for sure.
Playing Seattle on kickoff night is a bad omen other than the fact that we may be healthy. Worse than playing SF last season. If MM beats them he should be coach of the year.
It allows for a late hullabaloo on Saturday night, church on Sunday morning, ( well maybe not ) and a hearty tailgate before kickoff.

Why does the negative spin not surprise me?

So, how do you think the Packers will do this year, Milani... 3-13? 4-12? Maybe 6-10 if we're lucky??
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:19 pm

_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:Anyone else tired of the Packers getting hosed by the schedule makers?

Yup--it's all about the almighty dollar--and you lead with your best knockout punch...   Wink 

But actually, I'm going to pack sunshine and daisies up my ass with Duck on this one and go on the record as being pleased with the schedule.  A good kick in the nuts to start the season could be just what this team needs to get their asses out of the clubhouse and start operating with some urgency right from the start...

What??  No lunch boxes??
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:20 pm

I think they should schedule a game in the Philippines,huh Goodell?
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:37 pm

_HD_ wrote:

Ha... I was saying this same thing to someone at work today. Go to Seattle with your head up your ass and you might as well keep it there.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:02 am

duck wrote:
milani wrote:The good news is we don't play Turkey Day and we don't have to go to England.

So, how do you think the Packers will do this year, Milani... 3-13?  4-12?  Maybe 6-10 if we're lucky??
Too early to tell. The draft is still in front of us along with the preseason. Although I will say after 2013 we have as good a chance as any to win the NFC North
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:28 am

milani wrote:
duck wrote:

So, how do you think the Packers will do this year, Milani... 3-13?  4-12?  Maybe 6-10 if we're lucky??
Too early to tell. The draft is still in front of us along with the preseason. Although I will say after 2013 we have as good a chance as any to win the NFC North

It'll be a tougher division this year...  The sources of the dysfunction causing the Lions and Queens to underperform their respective potentials has been purged--and the Bears are always just good enough to suck...  I actually was a bit embarrassed that the Pack won that division last year given the horseshit season they had--and that utter collapse of the Lions was one for the ages.  The Schwanz reflected all you needed to know about him in the *handshake* between he and the other little twat in gay bay years ago...

I don't know what it is about McCarthy/TT (mostly McCarthy) but I'm just tired of them.  Same fuckin' mistakes over and over and it takes an eternity for the fat boy to recognize the pattern, let alone choose the proper remedy.  I hate wasted potential.

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:52 am

I read that the Lions are actively shopping Suh and openly want to move up in the 1st round.

I tell ya, the NFC North is a gift that just keeps on giving...
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:07 pm

_HD_ wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:

It'll be a tougher division this year...  The sources of the dysfunction causing the Lions and Queens to underperform their respective potentials has been purged--and the Bears are always just good enough to suck...  I actually was a bit embarrassed that the Pack won that division last year given the horseshit season they had--and that utter collapse of the Lions was one for the ages.  The Schwanz reflected all you needed to know about him in the *handshake* between he and the other little twat in gay bay years ago...

I don't know what it is about McCarthy/TT (mostly McCarthy) but I'm just tired of them.  Same fuckin' mistakes over and over and it takes an eternity for the fat boy to recognize the pattern, let alone choose the proper remedy.  I hate wasted potential.

Perhaps then you'd rather don a purple jersey and join Thor and his buddies playing Russian Roulette in some dingy Minneapolis basement.  Very Happy 

I know you think Fatty and Whitey are dumb fucks and you're bored with them but the reality is that they've built one of the most successful programs in the league and we'll probably be seeing much more of them for years to come.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:10 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:

Perhaps then you'd rather don a purple jersey and join Thor and his buddies playing Russian Roulette in some dingy Minneapolis basement.   Very Happy 

I know you think Fatty and Whitey are dumb fucks and you're bored with them but the reality is that they've built one of the most successful programs in the league and we'll probably be seeing much more of them for years to come.

STFU already Duck, or I might have to put you in a headlock and pinch your head, rotten teeth and all, off...  It's been awhile since I've needed them, but the 16" guns haven't gone anywhere, comradre...   Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:58 pm

C'mon you guys..........(and Throttleplate's gal, and Sheila and Catsy if you are listening).   Looking at the schedule the Packers should be going into New Orleans 6-1 at least.   Barring another All EFFED UP injury-riddled season.........looks like at least a 12-4 season to me..........maybe even 14-2.    This schedule is a gift from Vince and Ray and Max and Lionel and Henry and Ron and Ron and LeeRoy and Travis and Elijah and Curly.

Forget the lunchbox in December or January in Titletown........Try this instead:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:58 pm

damn hd is startin early on the fatty sucks wagon,hockey season must be over for the wild.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:16 pm

throttleplate wrote:damn hd is startin early on the fatty sucks wagon,hockey season must be over for the wild.

Over?  Hardly...  The Wild have just delivered two of the most impressive defensive shutdown games back-to-back that I've ever seen in the playoffs...  The Avs had--no shit--9 fucking shots the whole game up until the final 2 minutes when they pulled the goalie last night, the wild drew a penalty and the Avs went up 6 on 4...

The Avs had the 3rd best record in hockey this year.  Boom.  Punch them in the teeth...and they go lay down by their bowl...  Back to weedland for game 5...    Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:32 pm

_HD_ wrote:
throttleplate wrote:damn hd is startin early on the fatty sucks wagon,hockey season must be over for the wild.

Over?  Hardly...  The Wild have just delivered two of the most impressive defensive shutdown games back-to-back that I've ever seen in the playoffs...  The Avs had--no shit--9 fucking shots the whole game up until the final 2 minutes when they pulled the goalie last night, the wild drew a penalty and the Avs went up 6 on 4...

The Avs had the 3rd best record in hockey this year.  Boom.  Punch them in the teeth...and they go lay down by their bowl...  Back to weedland for game 5...    Wink 

I'm beginning to think you have a thing for teeth.  How's your dental work, HD?   Very Happy
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:00 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

I'm beginning to think you have a thing for teeth.  How's your dental work, HD?   Very Happy

No Duck--you don't understand.  JnC suggested that you make the trip for the queens game and maybe I'd whip out the Platinum card.  Prior to deciding, i just wanted to find out what my penis might be facing in return...  I mean--playful nibbling is just fine--but Mark Murphy in bike shorts rippin' into a pork chop?... Let's put a big ol' *not with a *maybe* on that one...   Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:58 am

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

No Duck--you don't understand.  JnC suggested that you make the trip for the queens game and maybe I'd whip out the Platinum card.  Prior to deciding, i just wanted to find out what my penis might be facing in return...  I mean--playful nibbling is just fine--but Mark Murphy in bike shorts rippin' into a pork chop?... Let's put a big ol' *not with a *maybe* on that one...   Laughing 

Please, please, I beg you please ............. don't tell me this Packers board has gay hockey fans posting again.   I know..........many hockey players don't have teeth either.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:01 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Please, please, I beg you please ............. don't tell me this Packers board has gay hockey fans posting again.   I know..........many hockey players don't have teeth either.

I think now we're getting to the heart of the matter.    Very Happy
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:19 pm

_HD_ wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:

I know one year I picked the whole division to finish 8-8. And last year it was not to far off from happening.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:09 am

Are you ALL kidding me.    Look at games 2 thru 7:  Jets, Lions, Bears, Vikings, Dolphins, Panthers.    That's 6 EFFEN wins right out of the gate fellas.   Finishing off versus the Falcons, Bills, Buccaneers and Lions...........that's 4 EFFEN wins down the stretch.    6 + 4 = 10.  Thus the conclusion for a minimum 12 win season (barring critical injuries).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    

Had I been at the HHH-dome that day it would have been a great opportunity to take a swig and do an arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! after that body slam of Lee by Simmons.   And no, hockey fans..........we ain't talkin' 'bout Richard.

GO PACK GO  !!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:59 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Are you ALL kidding me.    Look at games 2 thru 7:  Jets, Lions, Bears, Vikings, Dolphins, Panthers.    That's 6 EFFEN wins right out of the gate fellas.   Finishing off versus the Falcons, Bills, Buccaneers and Lions...........that's 4 EFFEN wins down the stretch.    6 + 4 = 10.  Thus the conclusion for a minimum 12 win season (barring critical injuries).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    

Had I been at the HHH-dome that day it would have been a great opportunity to take a swig and do an arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! after that body slam of Lee by Simmons.   And no, hockey fans..........we ain't talkin' 'bout Richard.

GO PACK GO  !!

So, an early 12-4 season prediction from Ringo. I'm sure in late August-early September the others will roll in and no one on this board (except possibly Milani) will predict a losing record. Lots of 10-6 and 11-5 predictions with division crowns and playoff runs.

But before and after, it's important to keep up the mantras of Fuck Fatty and Fuck Whitey!  cheers 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next