Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014 Schedule

3 posters

Go down

2014 Schedule Empty 2014 Schedule

Post by guppy Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:10 pm

Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 7, at Miami, 1 p.m.
Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 14, at Minnesota, 1 p.m.
Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 21, Oakland, 1 p.m.
Week 4: Monday, Sept. 29, at Kansas City, 8:30 p.m.
Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 5, Cincinnati, 8:30 p.m.
Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 12, at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Week 7: Thursday, Oct. 16, NY Jets, 8:25 p.m.
Week 8: Sunday, Oct. 26, Chicago, 1 p.m.
Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 2, Denver, 4:25 p.m.
Week 10: BYE
Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 16, at Indianapolis, 8:30 p.m.
Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 23, Detroit, 1 p.m.
Week 13: Sunday, Nov. 30, at Green Bay, 4:25 p.m.
Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 7, at San Diego, 8:30 p.m.
Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 14, Miami, 1 p.m.
Week 16: Sunday, Dec. 21, at NY Jets, 1 p.m.
Week 17: Sunday, Dec. 28, Buffalo, 1 p.m.

Looks like 16-0 to me. cheers 

Just kidding.  Very Happy 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

2014 Schedule Empty Re: 2014 Schedule

Post by LRJets Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:19 pm

The Jets face the Broncos  then NE over 4 days.
PM and TB in 4 days.
Yikes!
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:16 am

LRJets wrote:The Jets face the Broncos  then NE over 4 days.
PM and TB in 4 days.
Yikes!

Almost not fair. 

If the Jets go 1-1 in those games, I'd consider it a huge win.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:50 am

guppy wrote:
PM and TB in 4 days.
Yikes!

Almost not fair. 

If the Jets go 1-1 in those games, I'd consider it a huge win.

In yesterday's SNY blog, it says that can be the whole campaign of the Jet's season.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:02 am

PM and TB in 4 days.
Yikes!
Yikes indeed. Look at the Broncos, though. The Jets game is the "easy" one for them in the first half that has them playing teams with a combined .682 2013 winning %. Six playoff teams, no team with a losing record.
The Colts schedule is ice cream. I knew the opponents were easy, but Pagano himself couldn't have set up the schedule any better. No back to back real tough games and the strongest two opponents are game one and after their bye.
Of course, it's game one for the Broncos too and the Pats will also be coming off their bye, but I don't think it could have worked out any better for them.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:52 am

George1963 wrote:
PM and TB in 4 days.
Yikes!
Yikes indeed. Look at the Broncos, though. The Jets game is the "easy" one for them in the first half that has them playing teams with a combined .682 2013 winning %. Six playoff teams, no team with a losing record.
The Colts schedule is ice cream. I knew the opponents were easy, but Pagano himself couldn't have set up the schedule any better. No back to back real tough games and the strongest two opponents are game one and after their bye.
Of course, it's game one for the Broncos too and the Pats will also be coming off their bye, but I don't think it could have worked out any better for them.

Besides facing PM and Brady, the Jets will see Rodgers,Cutler, Ben, Bradford, Rivers, etc.  The elite and near elite.
 Hey Rags, you sure the Jets have an "in" with Goodell?
We go to Lambeau in October, that is bearable, however Minnesota is using U of Minn's field this season and we'll be there in December. Brrrr.
In fairness, our last 6 games are not all that bad.
I don't feel sorry for the Broncos, they won enough games to warrant a tough schedule.  Revamped team as well.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:05 pm

LRJets wrote:

LOL.   Conspiracy theorists are always amusing, no matter who their allegiance is to. 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:18 pm

guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:

LOL.   Conspiracy theorists are always amusing, no matter who their allegiance is to. 

I actually miss Rags.  When he is viewing things objectively, he is spot on.  When he gets a bit crazy, he loses control.   He always gave credit to the Jets for beating the Colts and literally forcing the merger.   I hope he's well.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:31 pm

LRJets wrote:
guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:

I actually miss Rags.  When he is viewing things objectively, he is spot on.  When he gets a bit crazy, he loses control.   He always gave credit to the Jets for beating the Colts and literally forcing the merger.   I hope he's well.

He was knowledgeable and made some good contributions.  He both praised and criticized the Pats as I recall.  I hardly ever "teamed up" with him however, and kind of kept at arms length even if I was basically in agreement with him.  He was really old school, and maybe that's why.  I'm trying to remember and I'm not clear, but I think it was my feeling that his criticisms or Peyton Manning were a bit over the top, and more the product of bias than objectivity. 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:09 pm

guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:
guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:

He was knowledgeable and made some good contributions.  He both praised and criticized the Pats as I recall.  I hardly ever "teamed up" with him however, and kind of kept at arms length even if I was basically in agreement with him.  He was really old school, and maybe that's why.  I'm trying to remember and I'm not clear, but I think it was my feeling that his criticisms or Peyton Manning were a bit over the top, and more the product of bias than objectivity. 

Rags tried to get to George, and their back-and-forths were memorable both in jabs and knowledge.  He used a "Ragsism" for many things including "PMoney", "Indiots", to name two.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:21 pm

George1963 wrote:

You're in good shape this year.

Mike Reiss on ESPN Boston predicts the Colts hand the Pats their second loss of the season (the first loss is to the Chiefs).  He predicts we beat the Broncos in OT at home, but lose at Indy in a close one:

Sunday, Nov. 16, 8:30 p.m. -- Patriots at Colts (NBC)
The Patriots have had impressive young quarterback Andrew Luck's number the past two years, with both games in Foxborough. Luck finally gets the Patriots on his home turf, and is this the time that he finally gets over the hump, kind of like the first time Peyton Manning did so against Bill Belichick and Tom Brady? The Patriots will be well rested and so will the Colts, who are also coming off their bye.

Score (record): Colts 34, Patriots 31 (8-2)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mike also predicts we lose to the Jets at the Meadowlands December 21.   Happy Holidays LR.  BB will be a real grinch after that loss.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:06 pm

Mike also predicts we lose to the Jets at the Meadowlands December 21.   Happy Holidays LR.  BB will be a real grinch after that loss.

You know what's laughable Gup?  These high 6-figured + suits on tv have absolutely no accountability for the games they pick.  During the season, you can see their body of work for the season.  Some are at  .500, while others aspire to be there.   They just choose the winner, no point spreads of course.
Example.  One week on ESPN, only Ditka had the Jets, the others didn't. Ditka was right.
No firings. 
No bonus for Ditka.

The only ones who have the pressure for wins are coaches and of course players.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:29 am

Rags tried to get to George, and their back-and-forths were memorable both in jabs and knowledge.  He used a "Ragsism" for many things including "PMoney", "Indiots", to name two.

The guy was an idiot. One of my favorite things about him was how he'd be wrong about something, factually demonstrably incorrect, and he'd just go an as if it never happened.
Even better, he'd wait a while and make the same assertion again.
The Colts got a phantom 80 yd PI call in the 2006 AFCCG that handed them the game winning score.
I must have seen that 50 times.

"Um Rags, it was 18 yards, it was textbook PI, it was in the third quarter, and it tied the game at 21."
He wouldn't say a word about it until he repeated the same nonsense a few months later.
Idiot.

Last edited by George1963 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:39 am

Mike Reiss on ESPN Boston predicts the Colts hand the Pats their second loss of the season (the first loss is to the Chiefs).  He predicts we beat the Broncos in OT at home, but lose at Indy in a close one:

Bold guy that Mike Reiss. The Pats are 3-9 on the road against playoff teams the last 5 years. The Luck led Colts are 5-0 at home against playoff teams.
Pretty thick limb he's out on there.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:58 am

George1963 wrote:Mike Reiss on ESPN Boston predicts the Colts hand the Pats their second loss of the season (the first loss is to the Chiefs).  He predicts we beat the Broncos in OT at home, but lose at Indy in a close one:

Bold guy that Mike Reiss. The Pats are 3-9 on the road against playoff teams the last 5 years. The Luck led Colts are 5-0 at home against playoff teams.

So history says the Colts should most likely win that game.   And you think Reiss' call was a clear no-brainer, so you obviously agree with him.

Great.  I LOVE being the underdog.

Its different.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:20 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:Mike Reiss on ESPN Boston predicts the Colts hand the Pats their second loss of the season (the first loss is to the Chiefs).  He predicts we beat the Broncos in OT at home, but lose at Indy in a close one:

So history says the Colts should most likely win that game.   And you think Reiss' call was a clear no-brainer, so you obviously agree with him.

Its different.

I bet the Pats are still favored.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:56 am

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:

Its different.

If so, it will only be due to some NFL/Robert Kraft/Las Vegas/Mafia/ESPN Northeast Bias conspiracy.

And if the Pats do end up being favored, they will find some little meaningless thing to latch on to so that they can play the "We get no respect" card.

Because that's what good teams do.  They psyche themselves up any way they can, even if they have to make up some perceived bulletin board material.

The Bruins are doing it right now.  They had the best record in the NHL during the regular season, and they are the favorite.  Yet, they are now getting very defensive and sensitive about talk and perception that they are not a fast skating team, and the teams like the Red Wings and the Canadiens who they are about to play, can hurt them with superior speed.  The GM said, "I think our team can keep up with the Canadiens speed.  We have some speed too."
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:29 am

If so, it will only be due to some NFL/Robert Kraft/Las Vegas/Mafia/ESPN Northeast Bias conspiracy.

No. They'll be favored to even out the betting. If the Colts were a point or two favorites, which as things look right now (ridiculously prematurely) they should be, people would pile on NE. Stupid people.
All the talking heads will pick the Pats because of the conspiracy.

And if the Pats do end up being favored, they will find some little meaningless thing to latch on to so that they can play the "We get no respect" card.

Why wouldn't they? They've done it when nobody in the world outside of the metropolitan NY area was picking against them.

Twice.

The GM said, "I think our team can keep up with the Canadiens speed.  We have some speed too."

They can't and they don't. What they can do is slow Montreal down. Oh my yes, they can do that.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:54 am

George1963 wrote:

They can't and they don't. What they can do is slow Montreal down. Oh my yes, they can do that.

What's the old saying?  "Defense wins championships."

Just ask the Seahawks.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:18 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

What's the old saying?  "Defense wins championships."

"If you're not as fast as them, make them as slow as you."
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:13 pm

George1963 wrote:

"If you're not as fast as them, make them as slow as you."

That works too....if you can pull it off.  

If you "make them" do things they don't ordinarily do, then you are imposing your will on them, not vice versa.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down