Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here's Johnny!

3 posters

Go down

Here's Johnny! Empty Here's Johnny!

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:05 am

Manziel applies for “The House That Johnny Built” trademark
Posted by Mike Florio on April 3, 2014, 9:03 PM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AP
[size=undefined]
Vikings coach Mike Zimmer is concerned that quarterback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wants to be “[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].”
There’s a chance that will be the next phrase for which Manziel tries to acquire a federal trademark.
With Manziel already attempting to secure the rights to “Johnny Football,” Darren Rovell of ESPN.com confirms that Manziel has applied for other trademarks, including “[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].”
There’s no problem with a guy trying to maximize his revenue, from whatever legitimate and legal source.  But at a time when Camp Manziel is trying to get everyone to believe he’s all about the steak and not about the sizzle, it would be smart to at least defer the sizzle until after the card with his name on it is turned in.
On one hand, it’s smart for Manziel to strike while the iron is hot.  On the other hand, he may have trouble making the iron glow any more brightly if teams inclined to take him think he’ll be less concerned about building the house and more concerned about selling it out.
He better pounce on *Johnny Asshat* while he still has the chance, too...  Setting aside for a moment the fact that he looks like something that was just grunted out of a smurf's ass--zero chance this little twat would ever suit up for my team...  [/size]

Back to top Go down

Here's Johnny! Empty Re: Here's Johnny!

Post by JnC4GB Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:00 am

This move reeks of "get while the getting's good" IMO.

I smell the new Tebow.

God, I hate ESPN.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:49 pm

JnC4GB wrote:This move reeks of "get while the getting's good" IMO.

I smell the new Tebow.

God, I hate ESPN.

Exactamundo.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:22 pm

JnC4GB wrote:This move reeks of "get while the getting's good" IMO.

I smell the new Tebow.

God, I hate ESPN.

*This move reeks of "get while the getting's good" IMO.*

Exactly.  So--what does that suggest when you consider that the subject player has never taken a fucking snap in the NFL?  What does that tell you when the subject player is being handled such that the window while the *getting's good* may only extend until said subject player DOES take some snaps in the NFL and produce a body of work that makes the *getting* no longer *good*?  The proverbial little man on a stool hidden for now behind the big, green curtain...

This guy is nothing but product--processed and packaged to be premier...  So the stupid/inastute who can't interpret the big words on the ingredient list, load their shopping cart, bring it home and, licking their chops, can't wait to throw it in the fry fan--until you know what?  They taste it...and it doesn't taste like the picture on the box... Looks a'like we got fucked on that one, Martha...  Yeah--give it to the dawwwwwg.  Bag holders.   Luv 'em.    Laughing 

As a GM with a top half first round pick--I'd be hyping the shit out of this guy to help all the GM's in the league that have no fucking clue pull the trigger on him so they don't take a player I might have my eye on...  Incidentally--the opposite of what Zimmer is doing in Minny.  It's really quite interesting...

Zimmer, first of all--get's it.  Manziel's a fraud...but the guy is so insecure about his perceived competence that he's out there making sure the world knows all about the fact that he sees Manziel's a fraud--TO HIS COMPETITIVE DISADVANTAGE...  Something to watch...and something for the astute to exploit...    Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:42 pm

This sideshow may indeed include some aspects of the Terrell Buckley hype-job.    Mandarich and Bosworth come to mind also.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down