Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Johnny Winter's blues...

4 posters

Go down

Johnny Winter's blues... Empty Johnny Winter's blues...

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:21 pm

Marshawn Lynch the gift that keeps on giving for Seahawks

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 13, 2012, 2:04 PM EST
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] AP
Ask Seahawks running back [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] about this weekend’s Buffalo reunion, and you’re not going to get much.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],” Lynch replied to questions about his time with the Bills, via Eric Williams of the Tacoma News Tribune.

Others are delighted to talk about it, however, as coach Pete Carroll was happy to give up a pair of mid-round picks (a 2011 fourth and a 2012 fifth) to acquire a guy who has rushed for more than 3,000 yards and 27 touchdowns in 40 games for the Seahawks.

“I don’t know if anything is more symbolic than what we’ve done with Marshawn and him playing the way he’s played, and him being the guys he is,” Carroll said. “I think he really is the key element to putting this thing together.”

Can someone please stop by Whitey's office at the stadium there--and kick his ass for us? Many thanks... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sincerely,

The Lombardi's that would have otherwise been in the Pack trophy case

Back to top Go down

Johnny Winter's blues... Empty Re: Johnny Winter's blues...

Post by JnC4GB Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:04 pm

I dunno about the Lombardi's Stewie, but Whitey abSOlutely effed up in passing on Lynch.

I wonder if he has the stones to admit it...
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:12 pm

JnC4GB wrote:I dunno about the Lombardi's Stewie, but Whitey abSOlutely effed up in passing on Lynch.

I wonder if he has the stones to admit it...

Jesus can only hope... Wink

It's one thing to rag him with the benefit of hindsight...but this was so clearly a no-brainer stroke of good luck for the albino to have had the opportunity to pull the trigger on (as we discussed at the time) that it certainly reflected yet again how he can't connect on the curveball--even when he knows it's coming...

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Whitey abSOlutely effed up in passing on Lynch.

The important fact is that he made Brandon Jackson our starting RB and when the year was up we won the Super Bowl.

Now was Jackson our leading rusher in 2010? Says a lot.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:50 pm

yet again how he can't connect on the curveball--even when he knows it's coming...

did you all see the movie with clint called ,Trouble with the Curve?
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:44 am

No question the albino fucked up on this one. So did 31 other NFL GMs. It makes me wonder why do they get so spooked out about "character issues" when each and every team is already loaded with two bit thugs, mother rapers and father rapers. If you were to shut down the league, I bet 30% of the players would end up behind bars within a year.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:57 am

duck wrote:No question the albino fucked up on this one. So did 31 other NFL GMs. It makes me wonder why do they get so spooked out about "character issues" when each and every team is already loaded with two bit thugs, mother rapers and father rapers. If you were to shut down the league, I bet 30% of the players would end up behind bars within a year.

It's a combination of ego, insecurity and just a fundamental lack of basic understanding into human nature generally...

Like I've said many times...NFL GM's/coaches are not a pool drawn of the the brightest/best... Mostly former failed jocks who simply can't prove nimble enough to transition into anything else and can't shake their arousal of the smell of a sweaty jockstrap... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:57 am

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:No question the albino fucked up on this one. So did 31 other NFL GMs. It makes me wonder why do they get so spooked out about "character issues" when each and every team is already loaded with two bit thugs, mother rapers and father rapers. If you were to shut down the league, I bet 30% of the players would end up behind bars within a year.

It's a combination of ego, insecurity and just a fundamental lack of basic understanding into human nature generally...

Like I've said many times...NFL GM's/coaches are not a pool drawn of the the brightest/best... Mostly former failed jocks who simply can't prove nimble enough to transition into anything else and can't shake their arousal of the smell of a sweaty jockstrap... Laughing

Agreed but here's the paradox: since so many of these guys are ex-jocks you'd think that they would have a better understanding of the football culture and not be so freaked out by "character issues."
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down