Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overpaid club.

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Overpaid club. - Page 2 Empty Re: Overpaid club.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:39 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
KBen wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
KBen wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:Both of those numbers are nothing but unattributed, rumored, hypothetical numbers that were floated by flacks or agents.

If they are unattributed--then how can you claim to know who floated them?  Furthermore, does them being *unattributed* necessary make them false?  Seriously--WTF is your point here?  Hey!  This Clifford shit is fun!  Really easy to pick up, too... Laughing 

And you wish to use them to further your point that, what, Thompson should be fired? When should they do that? In April right before the draft? Or maybe right after the draft a new GM should be brought in, eh? Seriously, what the fuck is your goddamn point here?

My point is founded purely on benevolence...  I'm trying to help Duck open his quacked fucking homer eyes and understand that most dials have many positions in-between full on and full off... 

I hope you get to it soon 'cause this shit is getting mighty stale.

Hmmmm...  Put it in the microwave and then wet down a dirty sock and place that inside next to it.  Run on full power for 2 minutes.  Stale will no longer be your complaint, Flex...   Cool 

The 8 mil offer that Raji turned down is accurate....13 to Jennings, well........ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The $8M for Jennings was the reduced POST FA offer from the Pack--much like the $4M to Raji was the reduced POST free agency offer he was made--down from the original $8M.  Try to keep up here, kids...   Razz 

How bout a little evidence of that claim ?
Or are you going full blown Diva and claiming it's fact just cuz you say so  I love you 
Sure Benny...  Google it.  I've clipped and pasted the supporting content at least a couple of times before...  I have little doubt on it's truth...  At least one of the jackhole columnist's put it out there as it happened...and listen motherfucker.  I don't see any green-dyed candy-corn in exactly 11 little shamrock-shaped bowls throughout my dressing room.  I'm part Irish--you know.  NOW--HAPPEN.  See how that works?   Razz 

I just did a Google search.  I saw $10M but nothing about $13M.  Nada.  

Big difference between $10M and $13M.

To second Kben:  let's see some documentation.  The ball's in your court.

As I've said, I've already produced it, Duck.  This isn't new news.  The $10M reportedly rose to a final 11th hour offer just prior to free agency of $13M--effectively splitting the difference between the Pack's offer of $10 and Jenning's demand for $15  If you're uncertain about it--then feel free to continue to search the internet or back in the record here for the link/text.  I already know this information...  Truly--it makes no difference to me if you become informed about it or not...  It's out there--if you'd like to find it.

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:55 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
KBen wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
KBen wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:Both of those numbers are nothing but unattributed, rumored, hypothetical numbers that were floated by flacks or agents.

If they are unattributed--then how can you claim to know who floated them?  Furthermore, does them being *unattributed* necessary make them false?  Seriously--WTF is your point here?  Hey!  This Clifford shit is fun!  Really easy to pick up, too... Laughing 

And you wish to use them to further your point that, what, Thompson should be fired? When should they do that? In April right before the draft? Or maybe right after the draft a new GM should be brought in, eh? Seriously, what the fuck is your goddamn point here?

My point is founded purely on benevolence...  I'm trying to help Duck open his quacked fucking homer eyes and understand that most dials have many positions in-between full on and full off... 

Hmmmm...  Put it in the microwave and then wet down a dirty sock and place that inside next to it.  Run on full power for 2 minutes.  Stale will no longer be your complaint, Flex...   Cool 

The 8 mil offer that Raji turned down is accurate....13 to Jennings, well........ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The $8M for Jennings was the reduced POST FA offer from the Pack--much like the $4M to Raji was the reduced POST free agency offer he was made--down from the original $8M.  Try to keep up here, kids...   Razz 

Or are you going full blown Diva and claiming it's fact just cuz you say so  I love you 
Sure Benny...  Google it.  I've clipped and pasted the supporting content at least a couple of times before...  I have little doubt on it's truth...  At least one of the jackhole columnist's put it out there as it happened...and listen motherfucker.  I don't see any green-dyed candy-corn in exactly 11 little shamrock-shaped bowls throughout my dressing room.  I'm part Irish--you know.  NOW--HAPPEN.  See how that works?   Razz 

As I've said, I've already produced it, Duck.  This isn't new news.  The $10M reportedly rose to a final 11th hour offer just prior to free agency of $13M--effectively splitting the difference between the Pack's offer of $10 and Jenning's demand for $15  If you're uncertain about it--then feel free to continue to search the internet or back in the record here for the link/text.  I already know this information...  Truly--it makes no difference to me if you become informed about it or not...  It's out there--if you'd like to find it.

Let's just flip this a bit. Suppose I was the one who made some assertion that you challenged. Let's take it one step further. Let's say you even then took the time to do some research on Google and it revealed absolutely nothing. Then let's say I responded by saying in effect, I know what I know and the rest of you can just fuck off.

You know perfectly well you wouldn't say, "Well, that's okay Duck, if you saw it, that's good enough for all of us."

I rest my case.  Very Happy 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:33 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Well, it's nice to see I'm not the only one who gets weary of HD's wing flapping.

You've always got to consider the source.  This is the guy, after all, who said basically the same thing while jacking his banana pepper over the undefeated streak a couple of years ago while I was sounding the alarm bells over a shit D that would be exposed in the playoffs...  Foresight.  The future is tough for some to process who have difficulty assimilating what's happening right the fuck now...   Laughing 

Uh, our defense sucked as usual but it was our offense that had an uncharacteristic off day.  More accurately, Green Bay ran into a legitimately strong defense that peaked at the right time.  That game was no fluke.  The Giants deserved that win.

And you want to brag about foresight?  Here's the mirror image of your story.  In 2010, I was the ONLY Packer poster who predicted a Green Bay Super Bowl win.  In fact, after a midseason debacle against Tampa Bay everyone, as usual, was pissing and moaning, calling for the heads of MM and TT.  My attitude was chill, they will steady the ship.  Well, we all know how things ended up that season in Jerry Jones new stadium.

All in all, I'd say my confidence that we have a very strong program is far more validated than your occasional whines that end up sprouting legs.

Heck, if I were to compile all your posts into a grand thesis, it would paint the picture of a shit rudderless bottom feeder team, coached and managed by idiots.  And anyone who likes those shit players and idiots is a "homer."

Also recall that Ringo predicted a 16-0 season and we went 15-1. Pretty good for the old prognosticator. That same year Lv touted that we would go 0-16.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:28 pm

duck wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:
milani wrote:
_HD_ wrote:Oh, and just like we discussed here before last season and the season before--at a $9.5M cap number and whopping $6.9M salary (highest on the team)...Tramon Williams needs to be approached about taking a pay cut.  Huge wasted opportunity there the past two seasons to not have leveraged his poor play into a haircut more deserving of the game he's been displaying out there.  He, Morgan Burnett and now Sam Shields are the three most overpaid players on that team -vs- performance...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Definitely agree here. We saw shades of glory in 2010 with Tramon and Sam. But that was due in part to Collins and Woodson making plays and QBs having to look in other directions.  Burnett is the main man now by default. Even a ship of fools has a captain. Even with cover skills what I see missing the most is their ability to tackle. And when they do try to tackle they get hurt. The 9ers and Seahawks secondary punish people as well as covering them. At least up til now. Overpaid yes. I saw more from Micah Hyde as a rookie all over the field than any one of them as a rookie. And he's not afraid to hit people. 

You guys are getting cozier and cozier every day.  I think the board should chip in to buy you guys a room.   Very Happy 

Anything across the street from your bar?

Just a few dumpsters and a vacant parking lot that we use for tailgating.  Ask Ringo.  He'll tell you all about it.

I believe the dumpsters are seldom full, however, and I'm sure you and HD could get in a quickie in one of them.   Very Happy 

EFFEN Oakland, California..........people tailgating illegally in a parking lot outside a Packers bar............yes its real.   Coolest thing though is the bar allows a 'bring your own dish / potluck".   Food is lined up for free..........drinks (including Bloody Mary's) flow just fine.  Bring is a nice cheese plate along with a crock pot full of brats and kraut......yes yes yes!!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:01 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
KBen wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
KBen wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Let's just flip this a bit.  Suppose I was the one who made some assertion that you challenged.  Let's take it one step further.  Let's say you even then took the time to do some research on Google and it revealed absolutely nothing.  Then let's say I responded by saying in effect, I know what I know and the rest of you can just fuck off.

You know perfectly well you wouldn't say, "Well, that's okay Duck, if you saw it, that's good enough for all of us."

I rest my case.   Very Happy 

::: crickets ::::
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:12 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
duck wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:
milani wrote:
_HD_ wrote:Oh, and just like we discussed here before last season and the season before--at a $9.5M cap number and whopping $6.9M salary (highest on the team)...Tramon Williams needs to be approached about taking a pay cut.  Huge wasted opportunity there the past two seasons to not have leveraged his poor play into a haircut more deserving of the game he's been displaying out there.  He, Morgan Burnett and now Sam Shields are the three most overpaid players on that team -vs- performance...

Definitely agree here. We saw shades of glory in 2010 with Tramon and Sam. But that was due in part to Collins and Woodson making plays and QBs having to look in other directions.  Burnett is the main man now by default. Even a ship of fools has a captain. Even with cover skills what I see missing the most is their ability to tackle. And when they do try to tackle they get hurt. The 9ers and Seahawks secondary punish people as well as covering them. At least up til now. Overpaid yes. I saw more from Micah Hyde as a rookie all over the field than any one of them as a rookie. And he's not afraid to hit people. 

You guys are getting cozier and cozier every day.  I think the board should chip in to buy you guys a room.   Very Happy 

Just a few dumpsters and a vacant parking lot that we use for tailgating.  Ask Ringo.  He'll tell you all about it.

I believe the dumpsters are seldom full, however, and I'm sure you and HD could get in a quickie in one of them.   Very Happy 

EFFEN Oakland, California..........people tailgating illegally in a parking lot outside a Packers bar............yes its real.   Coolest thing though is the bar allows a 'bring your own dish / potluck".   Food is lined up for free..........drinks (including Bloody Mary's) flow just fine.  Bring is a nice cheese plate along with a crock pot full of brats and kraut......yes yes yes!!

Good old Oakland.  Where else can you break a few laws and no one gives a shit?   Very Happy 

You've missed some real zaniness lately, Ringo.  They sometimes have free brats and a spread of Wisconsin cheese and one guy has been throwing around money like a drunk sailor.  A couple of times he plunked down a C note at the bar and came back to the Packer group with several trays of Jager shots.  We're talking morning games too... 10:00 AM Pacific time.

I'll tell you this, the stereotypes are true and Packer fans are no lightweights when it comes to booze.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:56 am

duck wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
duck wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:
milani wrote:

Good old Oakland.  Where else can you break a few laws and no one gives a shit?   Very Happy 

You've missed some real zaniness lately, Ringo.  They sometimes have free brats and a spread of Wisconsin cheese and one guy has been throwing around money like a drunk sailor.  A couple of times he plunked down a C note at the bar and came back to the Packer group with several trays of Jager shots.  We're talking morning games too... 10:00 AM Pacific time.

I'll tell you this, the stereotypes are true and Packer fans are no lightweights when it comes to booze.

Oh yes.........Green Bay is proud of its heritage.........it can one one hell of a FOOTBALL TOWN with a DRINKING PROBLEM or a DRINKING TOWN with a FOOTBALL PROBLEM.    There was a very long stretch in the late 1940s and the entire 1950s where it was the latter.    Then again from about 1973 to 1988.   Been a FOOTBALL TOWN with a DRINKING PROBLEM since the Majik Man arrived on the scene.   Drank alot of beer and booze (gin if I recall correctly LOL LOL) during the 1970s and 1980s at Packers game.   Recall the season opener at Soldier Field back in 1979..........September 2nd.........Bears won 6-3 (what a thriller)..........we were out in the Soldier Field parking lot with a bottle of something (gin or rum........can't recall) and Old Style beer.  Now I just opt for the Tundra Tailgate Zone (coffee and/or a couple of beers..........bring in miniatures, i.e., I had a Hennessy miniature waiting for JnC in the tent before the Niners game.......we never met due to the massive crowd so I ended up just drinking it myself)..........  The good thing about getting older (and wiser and skinnier  Laughing ) is it takes much much less to catch a buzz from a shot of booze that it did in my 20s and 30s.   Actually remembering the games is a bonus too!!

Duck.........thou shalt party Saturday night at a bar EFFEN walking distance to Curly's Pub.........and at the Tundra Tailgate Zone (or in the parking lot, or EFFEN both!!) Sunday morning on a Packers game weekend.........before you EFFEN die.     JnC.........get on his case again would ya please?!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:47 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
duck wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
duck wrote:
milani wrote:
duck wrote:
milani wrote:

Oh yes.........Green Bay is proud of its heritage.........it can one one hell of a FOOTBALL TOWN with a DRINKING PROBLEM or a DRINKING TOWN with a FOOTBALL PROBLEM.    There was a very long stretch in the late 1940s and the entire 1950s where it was the latter.    Then again from about 1973 to 1988.   Been a FOOTBALL TOWN with a DRINKING PROBLEM since the Majik Man arrived on the scene.   Drank alot of beer and booze (gin if I recall correctly LOL LOL) during the 1970s and 1980s at Packers game.   Recall the season opener at Soldier Field back in 1979..........September 2nd.........Bears won 6-3 (what a thriller)..........we were out in the Soldier Field parking lot with a bottle of something (gin or rum........can't recall) and Old Style beer.  Now I just opt for the Tundra Tailgate Zone (coffee and/or a couple of beers..........bring in miniatures, i.e., I had a Hennessy miniature waiting for JnC in the tent before the Niners game.......we never met due to the massive crowd so I ended up just drinking it myself)..........  The good thing about getting older (and wiser and skinnier  Laughing ) is it takes much much less to catch a buzz from a shot of booze that it did in my 20s and 30s.   Actually remembering the games is a bonus too!!

Duck.........thou shalt party Saturday night at a bar EFFEN walking distance to Curly's Pub.........and at the Tundra Tailgate Zone (or in the parking lot, or EFFEN both!!) Sunday morning on a Packers game weekend.........before you EFFEN die.     JnC.........get on his case again would ya please?!

If I did now what I used to do then, I'd be dead.

Having said that, I can still put down my fair share of beer.  Very Happy 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:43 pm

duck wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
KBen wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
KBen wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Let's just flip this a bit.  Suppose I was the one who made some assertion that you challenged.  Let's take it one step further.  Let's say you even then took the time to do some research on Google and it revealed absolutely nothing.  Then let's say I responded by saying in effect, I know what I know and the rest of you can just fuck off.

Why do you persist, Duck?  I like you and have no interest in embarrassing you further.  Sure, I could easily say that your little theorem fails because it assumes two unequal variables--but what's the point, eh?  Rest<-------  Give it one.    Cool

Last edited by _HD_ on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:17 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
KBen wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
KBen wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Why do you persist, Duck?  I like you and have no interest in embarrassing you further.  Sure, I could easily say that your little theorem fails because it assumes two equal variables--but what's the point, eh?  Rest<-------  Give it one.    Cool

No problem, HD. We all could use a rest. I'm just going to file this away for the next time someone cites unsubstantiated information and you give them shit for it.  Sleep 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:38 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
KBen wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
KBen wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Why do you persist, Duck?  I like you and have no interest in embarrassing you further.  Sure, I could easily say that your little theorem fails because it assumes two unequal variables--but what's the point, eh?  Rest<-------  Give it one.    Cool

No problem, HD.  We all could use a rest.  I'm just going to file this away for the next time someone cites unsubstantiated information and you give them shit for it.   Sleep 

That's fine, Duck.  You'll have ample opportunity.  I give people shit all the time for citing unsubstantiated information--but that doesn't mean I can't get away with it, eh?   Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2