Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peppers a Packer (1 minute ago from USA Today)

+2
MB20
RingoCStarrQB
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Peppers a Packer (1 minute ago from USA Today) - Page 2 Empty Re: Peppers a Packer (1 minute ago from USA Today)

Post by JnC4GB Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:51 pm

Preliminary analysis shows that Peppers first year cap number in Green Bay is 3.5 million.

Will count as over 8 million against the Bears' cap this season  Cool
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Peppers a Packer (1 minute ago from USA Today) - Page 2 Empty Re: Peppers a Packer (1 minute ago from USA Today)

Post by duck Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:05 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Preliminary analysis shows that Peppers first year cap number in Green Bay is 3.5 million.

Will count as over 8 million against the Bears' cap this season  Cool

LOL. Fucking albino.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:11 pm

MB20 wrote:In a worst-case scenario, it's a 1-year, $8.5MM deal. I think that's worth it for a flier like this.

Whole different strat than $15M first year for Sammy...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:13 pm

JnC4GB wrote:"Psycho" package front five: 
Mike Daniels, Datone Jones, Nick Perry, Clay Mathews, and Julius Peppers?

Holy mother of GOD.  affraid

??  The only thing scary I've seen to date from Perry and Jones is their draft position...

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:24 pm

_HD_ wrote:

??  The only thing scary I've seen to date from Perry and Jones is their draft position...
I'm willing to give Datone a pass, but Perry needs to stay on the field and step it the fuck up this year.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:24 pm

JnC4GB wrote:As for Peppers being over-the-hill, in the 1995-96 season Reggie White led the best Defense the Packers ever had to a NFL Championship.

He was 35 years old.
He was still a fucking load at 37.

Peppers is 34.

They're comparable talent's--no question.  That can't be said for many in relation to Reggie.  However--what set Reggie aside is is utter drive and determination to be unrelenting to failure.  I'm not so sure Peppers holds that to the same degree.  Few do.  Other than Reggie Jackson--I've never seen an athlete who could just dial up at will that whole other turbo level when it was absolutely required in order to prevail.

As your physical skills decline--you need something there extra to cover the spread.  We shall see whether the 'pepper is a champion--or merely just a really good football player.  Reggie was a champion among Kings...  Once every 10-15 years--maybe...

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:13 pm

mathews and peppers gives the d-line the monicker SALT AND PEPPER formation.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:33 pm

duck wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This picture makes me think of the 2010 playoff game you watched at my sports bar, Ringo!  (Even though the colors were different.)

Hey, it's a shame our rendezvous on your recent trip to San Francisco didn't work out... we'll have to double down on another playoff game or a trip to Lambeau.
The schedule should be out about a month from now.   I am psyched for the Bears game........just to see if the Packers can or can not totally humiliate Da Bears this time.    With the Peppers deal done.......maybe the NFL will bring the Bears to Titletown for the home opener on Monday Night (Week 2)........I think the nation would like to see that.     I am assuming that the Packers will travel to Seattle for the season opener at Seattle on Thursday night football but in case not.......then a week 2 clash versus Da Bears in Titletown would be awesome too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ravens picked up Steve Smith from the Panthers...........learned their lesson releasing Anquan Boldin after their Super Bowl win 2 years ago.    March Madness is here and baseball is just around the corner.  GO PACK GO !!

Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:37 pm

_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:As for Peppers being over-the-hill, in the 1995-96 season Reggie White led the best Defense the Packers ever had to a NFL Championship.

He was 35 years old.

Peppers is 34.

They're comparable talent's--no question.  That can't be said for many in relation to Reggie.  However--what set Reggie aside is is utter drive and determination to be unrelenting to failure.  I'm not so sure Peppers holds that to the same degree.  Few do.  Other than Reggie Jackson--I've never seen an athlete who could just dial up at will that whole other turbo level when it was absolutely required in order to prevail.

As your physical skills decline--you need something there extra to cover the spread.  We shall see whether the 'pepper is a champion--or merely just a really good football player.  Reggie was a champion among Kings...  Once every 10-15 years--maybe...

Peppers will likely not be the second coming of Reggie White........but if we can at least get a guy in there that consistently actually TACKLES and rub off on the rest of the D to TACKLE........then we have something we didn't have last season.     This should take some pressure off of AJ Hawk (to lead) and also let Matthews do what he does best again (i.e., not get double teamed constantly).  This should bring back a little Charles Woodson swagger on the defensive side of the line of scrimmage.   Would like to see at least two more defensive acquisitions out of TT to perk this D up for the upcoming season.   I also want to see Matthews and Peppers (legally) wishbone Cutler LOL LOL LOL.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:34 pm

2014 will be Capers' opportunity to shine and silence his critics.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:35 pm

_HD_ wrote:

Yeah Milani, fuck that idiot Whitey.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:36 pm

throttleplate wrote:mathews and peppers gives the d-line the monicker SALT AND PEPPER formation.

Score one for Throttle.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:38 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

He was 35 years old.

Peppers is 34.

Peppers will likely not be the second coming of Reggie White........but if we can at least get a guy in there that consistently actually TACKLES and rub off on the rest of the D to TACKLE........then we have something we didn't have last season.     This should take some pressure off of AJ Hawk (to lead) and also let Matthews do what he does best again (i.e., not get double teamed constantly).  This should bring back a little Charles Woodson swagger on the defensive side of the line of scrimmage.   Would like to see at least two more defensive acquisitions out of TT to perk this D up for the upcoming season.   I also want to see Matthews and Peppers (legally) wishbone Cutler LOL LOL LOL.

Dead on, Ringo...  One of you had their Post Toasties today, I see...   Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:41 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

He was 35 years old.

Peppers is 34.

This is something we haven't touched upon yet: Peppers' leadership qualities and his potential to inspire his teammates to play at a higher level. That could be an X factor in the equation that really works in the Packers favor. We haven't had a strong leader on this defense since Woodson.

Let's just hope Peppers has something left in the tank and that the Bears didn't just unload upon us another Hardy Nickerson. My gut says no and it's a smart move for the Pack... but we shall see.

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:54 pm

For 12 years, Julius Peppers has played defensive end in a 4-3 front. He’s now shifting to a 3-4 in Green Bay, prompting speculation over whether he’ll move to outside linebacker (as plenty of successful 4-3 defensive ends have done) or stay at defensive end.

Whatever he ends up playing, change seems to be coming.

“I’m going to let Coach McCarthy deal with questions about the position and the scheme. I’m not really sure. We haven’t talked in detail about what the plan is going to be for me, but I can say it’s going to be something different,” Peppers told the team’s official website on Saturday.

Officially, Peppers has been listed as a defensive end by the Packers. But that label isn’t binding. It actually could be part of an intentional misdirection, aimed at keeping teams guessing about how he’ll actually be used.

Regardless of how he’s used, Peppers says he has plenty to give.

“I have a lot left in the tank,” Peppers said. “I have a lot left to give, a lot left to offer. I want to show people I can still play the game at a high level. . . . My goal is to play football at a high level. I’m a pass rusher, so that’s going to be a big part of what I can do. Play hard and have an impact in every game.”

Peppers admits that his performance in 2013 was “not up to my personal standards.” His standard for 2014 is to pursue what has eluded him throughout his career — a Super Bowl win.

“That’s the most important thing,” Peppers said. “I haven’t won a championship. That’s where my focus is. I feel like the team is set up to make a run and I feel I can help get it there.”

The Packers have gone one and out in the playoffs for three straight seasons since winning the Super Bowl. The team’s struggles have arisen in large part from defensive lapses, especially in the postseason. The fact that a 34-year-old pass rusher whose skills seem to be declining is regarded as an upgrade shows how much help the team’s defense needs.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:54 pm

I could be wrong but I think what is happening here is EFFEN CAPERS finally has decided to put a DIVERSE defense on the field ........ platoon players ......... move shit around ......... become a maniacical multi-dimesional (confusing) defense.     Not one that Kaepernick tears up time after time.    Not a bend but not break D either........one that just comes at the QB from all sorts of crazy angles.   We still need a playmaker safety though...........unless Hyde unleashes himself into a Willie Wood / Leroy Butler-type (of confidence) player.   Does Davon House have any chance of getting much better?   

Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:11 pm

NFL awards and honors

NFL Rookie of the Month (10/02)
2002 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year
Pro Football Weekly All-Rookie Team (2002)
2004 NFL Alumni Defensive Lineman of the Year
2004 NFC Defensive Player of the Year
2013 Brian Piccolo Award
NFL 2000s All Decade Team
Pro-Football-Reference All 2000s Team
100 Sacks Club
2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 NFC Pro Bowl
2004, 2006, 2010 All-Pro First Team
2008, 2009, 2012 All-Pro Second Team
Five time NFC Defensive Player of the Week (11/13/06, 11/9/08, 11/1/09, 11/18/10,12/23/12)
Four time NFC Defensive Player of the Month (11/2004, 10/2006, 11/2010, 11/2011

Panthers franchise records
Most career sacks: (81)
Most career forced fumbles: (30)
Longest Interception return: 97 yards (vs. Denver Broncos 10/10/04)

NFL records and accomplishments
Seventeenth most sacks in NFL history: 118.5
Tied for fifth most double digit sack seasons in NFL history: 8
Tied for fourth most games with at least three sacks: 9
Tied for thirteenth most multiple sack games in NFL history: 30
Tenth most forced fumbles in NFL history: 39
Second most interceptions by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 9
Most interception return yards by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 192 yds
Most interception return yards in a single season by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 143 yds
Most interception return yards in a single game by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 97 yds
Longest interception return by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 97 yds
Most combined interception and fumble return yards by a defensive lineman in a single season since NFL merger in 1970: 203 yds
Tied for second most interceptions returned for a touchdown by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 2
Third most passes defensed by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 62
Second most blocked kicks in NFL history: 13
Tied for eleventh most Pro Bowl appearances by a defensive lineman in NFL history: 8
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:43 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

He was 35 years old.

Peppers is 34.

I would not be so worried about Cutler. There are many ways to beat the Bears. You can do it by fumbling for a TD or making 3 fourth down conversions in the final minutes.
I would be more apt to plan for the Seahawks, Patriots, Saints, and Panthers. They will be our most formidable opponents during the regular season.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:38 am

duck wrote:

If Capers is successful the critics will take credit for transferring their intellect to Capers so he had the impetus to get off of his butt and make the changes necessary to win again.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:41 am

milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

He was 35 years old.

Peppers is 34.

I would not be so worried about Cutler. There are many ways to beat the Bears. You can do it by fumbling for a TD or making 3 fourth down conversions in the final minutes.
I would be more apt to plan for the Seahawks, Patriots, Saints, and Panthers. They will be our most formidable opponents during the regular season.
MIlani...........I am in no way worried about Da Bears.  Just sayin' I am psyched up (as I usually am) to humiliate the Monsters again........win 2 this upcoming season, not just 1.  Panthers lost Steve Smith.   Saints and Pats are beatable.   Seahawks will be favored to beat the Packers at home in Seattle.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:41 pm

milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

He was 35 years old.

Peppers is 34.

Let me guess. You and HD are penciling in the Packers at about 5-11 or 6-10 right now, right?
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:45 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
duck wrote:

If Capers is successful the critics will take credit for transferring their intellect to Capers so he had the impetus to get off of his butt and make the changes necessary to win again.

The defense for Capers all along has been that he didn't have the players to make his schemes work. It appears that the Packer organization is making a concerted effort to give him the players he needs.

If Capers can now put together a top tier defense I, for one, will stop ragging on him. If the Packers' D continues to flounder, they have to get rid of him and try something new. At least that's the way I see it.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:39 pm

duck wrote:
milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

He was 35 years old.

Peppers is 34.

Let me guess.  You and HD are penciling in the Packers at about 5-11 or 6-10 right now, right?

Laughing   You just don't know when to quit, do you Duck?  Is it not embarrassing to you to likely have pretty much everyone on the board rolling their eyes at this crap you've been putting forth lately?  You've become such an unrelenting homer that it's come to the point where on the very eve of the Peppers signing--where it looked like the bulk of free agency had passed and, once again, Green Bay was left no better off than when it started...you were so far out in Rooferville that you actually stated that not only were you happy that TT fails to utilize free agency as a resource for upgrade--but that you'd actually be DISAPPOINTED if he did dip his toe in free agency and secure a player in it.  No sooner did you come up with that over-the-top, lala land idiocy in an attempt to support your *everything is just dandy--superbowl contenders* crap that the Peppers signing is announced--and your response?  See everyone?!  TT utilizes free agency!  Look--he just signed Julius Peppers!  Isn't that wonderful?!  This proves that all your criticisms are unwarranted and I've stood alone in being right about him all along!  Good laughs...

...and the best part?  I bet you can't even admit how contradictory and duplicitous that is--can you?   Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:45 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

He was 35 years old.

Peppers is 34.

Let me guess.  You and HD are penciling in the Packers at about 5-11 or 6-10 right now, right?

Laughing   You just don't know when to quit, do you Duck?  Is it not embarrassing to you to likely have pretty much everyone on the board rolling their eyes at this crap you've been putting forth lately?  You've become such an unrelenting homer that it's come to the point where on the very eve of the Peppers signing--where it looked like the bulk of free agency had passed and, once again, Green Bay was left no better off than when it started...you were so far out in Rooferville that you actually stated that not only were you happy that TT fails to utilize free agency as a resource for upgrade--but that you'd actually be DISAPPOINTED if he did dip his toe in free agency and secure a player in it.  No sooner did you come up with that over-the-top, lala land idiocy in an attempt to support your *everything is just dandy--superbowl contenders* crap that the Peppers signing is announced--and your response?  See everyone?!  TT utilizes free agency!  Look--he just signed Julius Peppers!  Isn't that wonderful?!  This proves that all your criticisms are unwarranted and I've stood alone in being right about him all along!  Good laughs...

...and the best part?  I bet you can't even admit how contradictory and duplicitous that is--can you?   Laughing 
You and your "Fuck Whitey" pals

*insert pic of Norm and/or Cliff here*

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:00 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

He was 35 years old.

Peppers is 34.

As usual you completely misinterpreted my points.

Here is what I actually said:

Yadda yadda yadda. In general free agency is just hoopla for the fans. Why pay over market value for a player who is washed up or unwanted by his previous team?

Yes, I know that occasionally bargains can be found but they are few and far between.

Everybody forgets that a couple of years ago TT broke the pattern and picked up several free agents, most notably Jeff Saturday. What happened? They were all busts.

I have no doubt that the Packer scouting staff has a file on each and every player on the market now... as well as an assessment of what they estimate they're worth. If at any time a player's price dips below the value set on them by TT & Co., they'll pull the trigger.

No trigger pulled? Well, that simply means they can get better value for their money elsewhere, most notably the draft.

It wouldn't break my heart if Green Bay signed ZERO free agents.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next