Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOHNNY JERK

3 posters

Go down

JOHNNY JERK Empty JOHNNY JERK

Post by LRJets Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
After his last off-season, it took a few games for me to like him.  HUGE MISTAKE!  FIRST CLASS PRICK IS HE.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

JOHNNY JERK Empty Re: JOHNNY JERK

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:24 pm

Sounds to me like he either doesn't want to play for them, or he wants to play for them so bad that he's challenging them so they'll take him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:34 am

LRJets wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
After his last off-season, it took a few games for me to like him.  HUGE MISTAKE!  FIRST CLASS PRICK IS HE.
"Hi. I'm Johnny Manziel, Sean Penn's illegitimate son. We're both pricks."..... cheers
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:56 am

Dmounts wrote:Sounds to me like he either doesn't want to play for them, or he wants to play for them so bad that he's challenging them so they'll take him.

If I were the Jets, I would take him, but not in the first round. If he lasted to the second round, and he might after this outburst, I would take a chance on him. He is a dynamic player and his brash personality would be a natural fit for NY.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:33 pm

wassejet wrote:
Dmounts wrote:Sounds to me like he either doesn't want to play for them, or he wants to play for them so bad that he's challenging them so they'll take him.

If I were the Jets, I would take him, but not in the first round. If he lasted to the second round, and he might after this outburst, I would take a chance on him. He is a dynamic player and his brash personality would be a natural fit for NY.
He won't be as mobile in the NFL as college.  His arm is a not "NFL-rifle rated".  A couple of 245 lb. linebackers will leave him on the ground like a RoadRunner cartoon.  I could be wrong, but the above picture makes him look like the imp on the Andy Griffith Show.  My dislike of cocky punks possibly biased me.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:14 pm

LRJets wrote:
He won't be as mobile in the NFL as college.  His arm is a not "NFL-rifle rated".  A couple of 245 lb. linebackers will leave him on the ground like a RoadRunner cartoon.  I could be wrong, but the above picture makes him look like the imp on the Andy Griffith Show.  My dislike of cocky punks possibly biased me.

All that is true. Nevertheless, Texas A&M was on TV almost every weekend during the season, so I got to see him a lot. His strongest point is his footwork. He is like a ballet dancer with the ability to change directions on a dime. That makes it very tough for defenses to zero in on him. With that ability he can extend plays almost indefinitely. His second strongest point is his ability to find an open receiver downfield even after scrambling around. Third, he can run fast, 4.45/40, that's pretty quick for a QB. Of course in the pros, they will not want him to run, but it's there if needed in a pinch, like Tim Tebow's clutch run to beat the Jets two years ago. I don't really care whether he is cocky and vocal as long as he delivers on the field. True, he doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but neither did Joe Montana and he did allright. Lastly, the Jets have not had such good luck drafting pocket NFL style QB's, maybe it's time for the Jets to take a chance on a guy who isn't a prototype QB, but who has shown the ability to make plays and put a lot of points on a scoreboard.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:28 pm

The following comes from a blogger on SNY.....

Saw a mock have the Jets take the QB from Cornell (Jeff Matthews) in the 6th round.  Intrigued,  I looked the guy up and found a lot of positive press with mentions of him as a potential steal QB of the draft with comparisons to Big Ben.  Anybody know anything about this guy? 
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:05 pm

LRJets wrote:The following comes from a blogger on SNY.....

Saw a mock have the Jets take the QB from Cornell (Jeff Matthews) in the 6th round.  Intrigued,  I looked the guy up and found a lot of positive press with mentions of him as a potential steal QB of the draft with comparisons to Big Ben.  Anybody know anything about this guy? 
I think I read an article about him in the NY Times. If my memory serves me correctly (a big IF), he is a California kid. According to the article, he was hoping to be offered a scholarship to a big time football school. That didn't happen, so rather than go to a lesser program, he was accepted at and decided to go to Cornell. He has a sister with a severe illness or disability who provides his motivation to succeed. He has NFL QB height (6'4") and weight (220) and supposedly has a big arm. I read that he performed well in the East-West game and although I saw portions of that game, I don't remember seeing him. If the Jets are interested in taking him in the 6th round, it says to me that they would most likely not be in the market for an immediate starter and therefore would not be taking a QB in the early rounds. I can't see them drafting 2 QB's in the same draft. Assuming the preceeding is true, Geno Smith remains as the starter.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down