Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Big Push

5 posters

Go down

The Big Push Empty The Big Push

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:10 am

OK..........as we know............Lombardi would always talk about the BIG PUSH. Well this week.......the week of Christmas and all of the fanfare that goes with the holiday season..........we must focus. Focus on Da Bears game. Based on the Football Life Backstory documentary last night on NFL Network.....I can not imagine anything but a Packers win over Da Bears next Sunday..........I can not imagine anything but a playoff game at Lambeau Field on Jan 4 or 5. I also can NOT imagine a playoff game at Soldier Field on Jan 4 or 5. No one would care about a Bears playoff game other than the Bears fans. The Packers at Lambeau Field vs San Francisco, New Orleans, Carolina, any of 'em, would be an international spectacle. Right now it looks like a rematch with San Francisco. We have 2 straight losses to San Francisco........both on the road, and prior to that a loss to the Niners at Lambeau Field in 2012. Bring those Niners to Lambeau.......bring 'em to Lambeau !!! It is NOW time to beat the Niners in a big game...........as we finally did in Dallas 2 weeks ago. Light up the state of Wisconsin as the starting offensive lineup is announced..........Nelson, Jones, Quarless, Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhn, Lacy, Bakhtiara, Lang, Dietrich-Smith, Sitton, Barclay.....and RODGERS!! Imagine Rodgers being announced as he runs out of the tunnel at a Lambeau Field playoff game!?!?!?!?! AND AT Quarterback number twelve...........Aaron Rodgers!! The place would EFFEN EXPLODE !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Old statement from Lombardi: "I find it increasingly difficult to be tolerant of a society that seems to have sympathy only for the misfit, only for the maladjusted, only for the criminal, only for the loser. Have sympathy for them, certainly. Help them if you can, certainly. But it’s time to cheer for, to stand up for and to pat the back of the doer; the achiever; the person who sees a problem and does something about it; the winner."

OK..........lets applaud the Packers for at least staying in the playoff chase this trying season. Despite poor offensive play calling, bad defensive coordinating, bad special teams management, poor player personnel management..............the SouthEndzone is now full of new Packers fans and Packers fans that wanted a seat with an arm rest opening up hallowed bowl seats to others..............Packers fans are still coming out. Prior to this season the largest Lambeau Field crowd was 71,213 vs Minnesota in 2009. I think the new Lambeau Field fans deserve a playoff game their first season holding their new season tickets (at least one guy waited 37 years). A raucous event..........full of energy, love, passion, intensity, guile, strength, ice, intelligence, perfection. The newer guys Jones, Banjo, Lacy, Daniels, Hyde, Bakhy, Boykin, Palmer, Malumba, Boyd........and even Worthy, and for sure Johnny Jolly deserve a playoff game experience. We ALL deserve a playoff game to help ring in the new year. So lets applaud the winning Packers (7-7-1 is not winning).........the 8-7-1 Packers.....the winning Green Bay Packers. GO PACK GO !
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The Big Push Empty Re: The Big Push

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:34 am

Waiting for Jan 4 or 5.......the place is poised for an EFFEN explosion of emotion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The Big Push Empty so true

Post by ffaralli Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:24 am

Old statement from Lombardi: "I find it increasingly difficult to be tolerant of a society that seems to have sympathy only for the misfit, only for the maladjusted, only for the criminal, only for the loser. Have sympathy for them, certainly. Help them if you can, certainly. But it’s time to cheer for, to stand up for and to pat the back of the doer; the achiever; the person who sees a problem and does something about it; the winner."

Boy, what would Lombardi say about this today?

Would he still be a Democrat, the enablers of those Lombardi described above and so many others that he would have utter disdain for?

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 pm

ffaralli wrote:Old statement from Lombardi: "I find it increasingly difficult to be tolerant of a society that seems to have sympathy only for the misfit, only for the maladjusted, only for the criminal, only for the loser. Have sympathy for them, certainly. Help them if you can, certainly. But it’s time to cheer for, to stand up for and to pat the back of the doer; the achiever; the person who sees a problem and does something about it; the winner."

Would he still be a Democrat, the enablers of those Lombardi described above and so many others that he would have utter disdain for?

FF

Well, aren't you the little voice of Christmas cheer.  Rolling Eyes
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:45 pm

ffaralli wrote:Old statement from Lombardi: "I find it increasingly difficult to be tolerant of a society that seems to have sympathy only for the misfit, only for the maladjusted, only for the criminal, only for the loser. Have sympathy for them, certainly. Help them if you can, certainly. But it’s time to cheer for, to stand up for and to pat the back of the doer; the achiever; the person who sees a problem and does something about it; the winner."

FF

Reagan was once a democrat also. Lombardi would have evolved just like the parties have. The fact is that his wife, Marie, was a staunch Republican. It would have been interesting if he had ran for national office.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ffaralli Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:27 am

Italians and the Irish of Lombardi's time were almost entirely Democrat.

Majority of them are now Republicans.

Milani, you are right. Seems they have evolved too along with the parties.

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Post by ffaralli Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:17 am

Italians and the Irish of Lombardi's time were almost entirely Democrat.

Majority of them are now Republicans.

Milani, you are right. Seems they have evolved too along with the parties.

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:55 am

ffaralli wrote:Italians and the Irish The working class poor immigrants of Lombardi's time were almost entirely Democrat.

Majority of them are now Republicans. <---From the  Bureau of Statistics I Just Pulled Out of My Ass Department, I assume?  Wink 

I can't speak for the Italians, but there is no way in hell the majority of Irish-Americans are registered Republicans. A lager percentage than back in the 40s? Sure. But a majority
No. Fucking. Way.

JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ffaralli Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:55 am

In the Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey suburbs, they are overwhelmingly Republican.

Maybe not so in the big cities as much, because most of them are what I term 'public sector' leeches.

You know, policeman, firemen, and government workers that rely on municipal unions for their livelihood.

The educated Irish (as well as Italian) are much more Republican than Democrat in these areas. I can't speak for other areas of the country, but the areas that I mentioned have a sizable number of people living there. 

Forget the big cities....they are gone! They are all going to end up like Detroit, mark it down.

And yes, JNC, I am an independent voter and quite moderate in my views.

Actually find both parties rather despicable.

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:18 pm

ffaralli wrote:In the Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey suburbs, they are overwhelmingly Republican.

Maybe not so in the big cities as much, because most of them are what I term 'public sector' leeches.

You know, policeman, firemen, and government workers that rely on municipal unions for their livelihood.

The educated Irish (as well as Italian) are much more Republican than Democrat in these areas. I can't speak for other areas of the country, but the areas that I mentioned have a sizable number of people living there. 

Forget the big cities....they are gone! They are all going to end up like Detroit, mark it down.

FF

Suburbs in general are overwhelmingly Republican... doesn't matter if they're Italian-American, Irish-American, Antarctican-American.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:12 pm

MB20 wrote:
ffaralli wrote:In the Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey suburbs, they are overwhelmingly Republican.

FF

Suburbs in general are overwhelmingly Republican... doesn't matter if they're Italian-American, Irish-American, Antarctican-American.

Those Italian and Irish Americans were also predominantly Catholic. They thought JFK was sent from God. But today they don't necessarily see eye to eye with the Pope. The important thing is that they could be Packer fans.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down