Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions lost tonite

5 posters

Go down

Lions lost tonite Empty Lions lost tonite

Post by throttleplate Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:43 pm

now lets see what the Fatty is made of.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Lions lost tonite Empty Re: Lions lost tonite

Post by MB20 Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:47 pm

They're just gonna make us take this division, aren't they

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:54 pm

hopefully the pack defensive players will come out with a killer attitude and tons of motivation now knowing that these last 2 games are for all the marbles.I am not worried about the offense if rodgers plays.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:23 am

throttleplate wrote:hopefully the pack defensive players will come out with a killer attitude and tons of motivation now knowing that these last 2 games are for all the marbles.I am not worried about the offense if rodgers plays.

Pack/Bears in the season finale to take the crown.  At least they are making it entertaining...but I don't think the Bears, Lions or Pack are frightening anybody with the prospect they could make the playoffs...  Can the Pack really have had their asses just reamed by a team like this one in Detroit? The queens are probably playing better than any of them right now...and Detroit will get to find out for sure...   Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:32 am

wheres duck?is he in the nest sittin on some eggs waiting for the next offensive lineman to hatch?
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:48 am

throttleplate wrote:wheres duck?is he in the nest sittin on some eggs waiting for the next offensive lineman to hatch?

The dirty dog says an ingrown feather in his ass is to blame for his recent insanity...   Cool 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yes, Fuck you, dahhhhling...

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:38 am

Well, I'm sorry you guys found little joy in the result of tonight's game, but as that mass murderer clown says, "I'm lovin' it!"

The karmic shift this week has been truly epic.  First, the Packers come back from a franchise record 23 points down and then the Lions lose on a 61-yard FG.  We now control out own destiny and may get Rodgers AND Cobb back soon.

It reminds me of the time McCown threw that pass to Poole in the desert on 4th-and-long to allow the Packers to back into the playoffs.  Also, consider the fact that had DeShon Jackson not had that miracle punt return at the end of the game to beat the Giants, the Packers would NOT have made the playoffs in 2010 to begin their improbable run.

It's amazing how good things happen in the Green Side of the Force -- quite the opposite of what happens in the Purple.

Right, Mr. Ed?  Right, Thor?

Last edited by duck on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:40 am

duck,do you have faith that the defense can play better than it has for 4 quarters against the steelers whom have a good rookie running back and of course a hard to tackle big ben whom likes to throw the deep ball?

Watching the ravens defense last night i seen a d line that fired off the ball,i also seen a safety named Elam that looked like a real fast instinctive player whom actually intercepted a pass and made some nice tackles where he came up to the line from 18 yards back to make a play for a loss.We got md jennings.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:06 am

throttleplate wrote:duck,do you have faith that the defense can play better than it has for 4 quarters against the steelers whom have a good rookie running back and of course a hard to tackle big ben whom likes to throw the deep ball?

Watching the ravens defense last night i seen a d line that fired off the ball,i also seen a safety named Elam that looked like a real fast instinctive player whom actually intercepted a pass and made some nice tackles where he came up to the line from 18 yards back to make a play for a loss.We got md jennings.

No Throttle, I do not have any great confidence in our D.  I will admit they rebounded from that thrashing against Detroit to play better in the second halves of both the Atlanta and Dallas games.  However, they are horribly inconsistent and I do not trust them.  We have serious talent issues on our D, particularly at safety, and I think most teams have Capers figured out.  Also, Matthews seems to have backslid since his injury.  He makes a play now and then but he is hardly the impact player we forked out all that money for him to be.  If we can get just a serviceable effort out of our D and perhaps a couple of turnovers, I will be happy.

What I DO think the Packers now have going for them is juice.  They have pulled out of their slump and now control their own destiny.  Rodgers and Cobb may be back soon and even if not, the Packers have shown they can win with Flynn.  That's got to affect the psyche of the players and I expect that to renew their energy down the stretch.

Believe me, I am not making any rash predictions but I do think that at full strength, even with a subpar defense, this team has dark horse potential.

Bottom line is that where we're at now sure beats where we were at right after that crushing Thanksgiving Day debacle in Motown.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JhnK307 Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:33 pm

throttleplate wrote:wheres duck?is he in the nest sittin on some eggs waiting for the next offensive lineman to hatch?
JhnK307
JhnK307
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by JhnK307 Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:35 pm

JhnK307 wrote:
JhnK307
JhnK307
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by JhnK307 Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:40 pm

JhnK307 wrote:
JhnK307 wrote:

JhnK307
JhnK307
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by TuckAndRoll Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:24 pm

by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yesterday at 9:48 pm

throttleplate wrote: wheres duck?is he in the nest sittin on some eggs waiting for the next offensive lineman to hatch?

The dirty dog says an ingrown feather in his ass is to blame for his recent insanity...   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

Yes, Fuck you, dahhhhling...

Or this.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or was it possibly this one.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
TuckAndRoll
TuckAndRoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:26 pm

JhnK307 wrote:
JhnK307 wrote:
JhnK307 wrote:

Let's be nice to Duck now...  He's obviously hitting a little bump in the road here and needs our help more than ever.  First it was the Avatar change...then the puzzling uncharacteristic reluctance to accept opposing viewpoints...then the regular/erratic changes in his font colors and reply formats--then finally the lashing out at his friends on the board.  At first I just thought he might be runnin' a little tight and needed some of those new Wrangler-cut bike shorts...but it obviously goes beyond that.  Be kind and show compassion, now...  We'll get the feathered one through all this...   Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:03 pm

_HD_ wrote:
JhnK307 wrote:
JhnK307 wrote:
JhnK307 wrote:

Let's be nice to Duck now...  He's obviously hitting a little bump in the road here and needs our help more than ever.  First it was the Avatar change...then the puzzling uncharacteristic reluctance to accept opposing viewpoints...then the regular/erratic changes in his font colors and reply formats--then finally the lashing out at his friends on the board.  At first I just thought he might be runnin' a little tight and needed some of those new Wrangler-cut bike shorts...but it obviously goes beyond that.  Be kind and show compassion, now...  We'll get the feathered one through all this...   Laughing 

I would never do that!  Educating you people is my sole objective.   Very Happy 

Oh, and regarding the fonts... I'm having trouble with this website now.  I'm not even able to quote below the yellow quote border like I used to.  Anyone know what's up with that?
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:13 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
JhnK307 wrote:
JhnK307 wrote:
JhnK307 wrote:

I would never do that!  Educating you people is my sole objective.   Very Happy 

We like ya, Duck--but with the way you've been running lately--it's asking WAY too much for most of us to dummy-down to the extent of being educated by you... I doubt even Roofer could dance to that, at this point in your breakdown.  Laughing   [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oh, and regarding the fonts... I'm having trouble with this website now.  I'm not even able to quote below the yellow quote border like I used to.  Anyone know what's up with that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:46 am

duck wrote:Well, I'm sorry you guys found little joy in the result of tonight's game, but as that mass murderer clown says, "I'm lovin' it!"

The karmic shift this week has been truly epic.  First, the Packers come back from a franchise record 23 points down and then the Lions lose on a 61-yard FG.  We now control out own destiny and may get Rodgers AND Cobb back soon.

It reminds me of the time McCown threw that pass to Poole in the desert on 4th-and-long to allow the Packers to back into the playoffs.  Also, consider the fact that had DeShon Jackson not had that miracle punt return at the end of the game to beat the Giants, the Packers would NOT have made the playoffs in 2010 to begin their improbable run.

It's amazing how good things happen
in the Green Side of the Force -- quite the opposite of what happens in the Purple.

Like when Brett Favre and crew beat the Pack twice in '09 (especially the one at GB).....remember that karmic shift?

Back at ya...

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:50 am

Thor11 wrote:
duck wrote:Well, I'm sorry you guys found little joy in the result of tonight's game, but as that mass murderer clown says, "I'm lovin' it!"

in the Green Side of the Force -- quite the opposite of what happens in the Purple.

Like when Brett Favre and crew beat the Pack twice in '09 (especially the one at GB).....remember that karmic shift?

Back at ya...

Thor

A backward blip in the thrust of an overall amazingly positive karmic run that's been going on for decades.

How did you like the rematches in 2010?
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:08 am

duck wrote:
Thor11 wrote:

Back at ya...

Thor

A backward blip in the thrust of an overall amazingly positive karmic run that's been going on for decades.

Simple hangover from '09....when you have that much fun in one year it's hard to play focused when you're still LMFAO! ....at least that's how it looked to me....

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:13 am

Thor11 wrote:
duck wrote:
Thor11 wrote:

Back at ya...

Thor

Simple hangover from '09....when you have that much fun in one year it's hard to play focused when you're still LMFAO! ....at least that's how it looked to me....

Thor

How in the fuck can the Vikings have a hangover when they've never actually achieved anything?  Oh wait, I forgot about all those hard-drinking August Super Bowl parties.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:30 am

duck wrote:
Thor11 wrote:
duck wrote:
Thor11 wrote:

Back at ya...

Thor

Thor

How in the fuck can the Vikings have a hangover when they've never actually achieved anything?  Oh wait, I forgot about all those hard-drinking August Super Bowl parties.

Still having a hard time dealing with the embarrassment of '09 I see by your response. ....believe me Duck, I understand...I do

understand....LOL

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:55 am

Thor11 wrote:
duck wrote:
Thor11 wrote:
duck wrote:
Thor11 wrote:

Back at ya...

Thor

Thor

Still having a hard time dealing with the embarrassment of '09 I see by your response. ....believe me Duck, I understand...I do

understand....LOL

Thor

Yeah, 2009 sucked.  When I reflect on the inordinately positive 80+ year history of the Green Bay Packers, that just ripped a hole in my soul.

Riiiight.

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down