Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst half ever?

+4
MB20
milani
RingoCStarrQB
duck
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Worst half ever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst half ever?

Post by duck Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:15 pm

MB:  Any more seasons with MM are a waste before they even begin.

My suggestion would be to scrounge around for a jersey of a different color.  I understand there are a lot of purple ones lying around.

As ugly as yesterday was, we're going to see McCarthy next year.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:42 pm

duck wrote:MB:  Any more seasons with MM are a waste before they even begin.

My suggestion would be to scrounge around for a jersey of a different color.  I understand there are a lot of purple ones lying around.

As ugly as yesterday was, we're going to see McCarthy next year.

I didn't say he WOULDN'T be back. I said he SHOULDN'T be back.

Last edited by MB20 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Dickishness retracted)

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:45 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:Good God, was that ugly.  I'm about ready to go Bergamo myself.

It feels like we're down 4 TDs, even though it's just one.  Barring an absolute miracle, this game -- and the entire season -- is kaputt.
Newsflash...  This season was over three weeks ago.  Why do you think I gave up on the season predictions?  Yeah, yeah...they were only a game out.  So what?  There's what could be and there's what is...and what this team is, as some of us have been saying, is shit...  It's been obvious to those willing to see--for weeks...

Above all--McStoopid should have started Rodgers in this game.  Now it's too late--so it doesn't matter anymore...  The dumb fuck just can't get it right.

Tie the Christian Ponder Lezbo Viqueens at Lambeau Field?  You're fuckin' kidding me.  Pack the tent and slap the donkey's ass--it's time to move on...
Are you kidding me???  Thank God Rodgers never set foot on the field today.  Even he couldn't have won the game the way the defense was playing and he probably would have just re-injured himself behind that band aid line.  Unless Rodgers is 100% -- and I mean fully healed and 100% -- I don't want to see him play again this year.  For what?  The season is over.  Let him take more time to fully strengthen and recondition his bum collarbone so he can start fresh next year.

Wrong again, Duck...  As we've just had painfully demonstrated, Rodgers elevates the play of everyone around him in a big way...and this would not likely have been an exception.  This was the must win game the pack had to have in order to have any chance to extend their season.  That's when you put it all out there--NOT when it's too late.  He breaks his collar bone again?  Who cares?  It's over anyway.

Secondly--you're buying in to McCarthy's plan like the loyal trooper you are.  You see--he'll hold Rodgers out for as long as he can in a self-preservation move so he can blame this botched abortion of a season on nothing more than injuries and not have to face the wrath where it truly belongs...and that, of course, is on HIM and to a lesser degree TT...
Speaking of loyal troopers... whaddaya think, MB?  Do you agree with HD that Rodgers should have started yesterday?
If the goal was to have Rodgers ride in on his white steed and save the season, yes, and HD is right about that- the Packers would have played much, much better yesterday just by having him alone. But as I've stated previously, I think this season and this team are a lost cause, so no- I wouldn't have started Rodgers for that reason alone. I also wouldn't let him see the field for the remainder of the season, either, but you can bet your ass he'll be out there for the Dallas game risking reinjury for no good reason.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:01 pm

MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

It feels like we're down 4 TDs, even though it's just one.  Barring an absolute miracle, this game -- and the entire season -- is kaputt.
Newsflash...  This season was over three weeks ago.  Why do you think I gave up on the season predictions?  Yeah, yeah...they were only a game out.  So what?  There's what could be and there's what is...and what this team is, as some of us have been saying, is shit...  It's been obvious to those willing to see--for weeks...

Above all--McStoopid should have started Rodgers in this game.  Now it's too late--so it doesn't matter anymore...  The dumb fuck just can't get it right.

Tie the Christian Ponder Lezbo Viqueens at Lambeau Field?  You're fuckin' kidding me.  Pack the tent and slap the donkey's ass--it's time to move on...
Are you kidding me???  Thank God Rodgers never set foot on the field today.  Even he couldn't have won the game the way the defense was playing and he probably would have just re-injured himself behind that band aid line.  Unless Rodgers is 100% -- and I mean fully healed and 100% -- I don't want to see him play again this year.  For what?  The season is over.  Let him take more time to fully strengthen and recondition his bum collarbone so he can start fresh next year.

Wrong again, Duck...  As we've just had painfully demonstrated, Rodgers elevates the play of everyone around him in a big way...and this would not likely have been an exception.  This was the must win game the pack had to have in order to have any chance to extend their season.  That's when you put it all out there--NOT when it's too late.  He breaks his collar bone again?  Who cares?  It's over anyway.

Secondly--you're buying in to McCarthy's plan like the loyal trooper you are.  You see--he'll hold Rodgers out for as long as he can in a self-preservation move so he can blame this botched abortion of a season on nothing more than injuries and not have to face the wrath where it truly belongs...and that, of course, is on HIM and to a lesser degree TT...
Speaking of loyal troopers... whaddaya think, MB?  Do you agree with HD that Rodgers should have started yesterday?
If the goal was to have Rodgers ride in on his white steed and save the season, yes, and HD is right about that- the Packers would have played much, much better yesterday just by having him alone. But as I've stated previously, I think this season and this team are a lost cause, so no- I wouldn't have started Rodgers for that reason alone. I also wouldn't let him see the field for the remainder of the season, either, but you can bet your ass he'll be out there for the Dallas game risking reinjury for no good reason.
Well, we agree on something.  I'd really rather not see Rodgers for the rest of this season either.  This team is not going anywhere.  Why risk further injury?

Plus, I'm not so sure we can win even with him on the field.  Our defense has regressed so badly I don't even think Rodgers in top form can pull them out.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:50 pm

duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Well, we agree on something.  I'd really rather not see Rodgers for the rest of this season either.  This team is not going anywhere.  Why risk further injury?

Plus, I'm not so sure we can win even with him on the field.  Our defense has regressed so badly I don't even think Rodgers in top form can pull them out.
In a way, I think his injury was precisely what this team needed- kind of like having the band-aid ripped right the fuck off so you can see the infected, oozing pus underneath it. At least now if it goes untreated, it wasn't because anyone can claim they didn't know it was there...

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:20 pm

MB20 wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:The alarming consistent is the way the teams wears out in a MASSIVEWAY in the 2nd half of each game.

The injuries, the hamstring plague, the inability to come even close to playing 4 quarters...There is something fundamentally WRONG with this team, and it is 100 percent management's fault.
Not directed at you specifically, JnC...

Remember all these times over the past couple of years when the team won despite shitting all over itself? Sloppy tackling, lackluster play, going quarters at a time with their heads up their asses in general... and how HD and I would always rip the team (and the coaching staff in particular) a new asshole anyway even though everyone else was like, "Hey, we won- what the fuck is your problem?" THIS was what the fuck our problem was. Rodgers was masking an utter shitshow, and it was there to see for anyone who cared to open their eyes.

And, yes, JnC, management has to take a huge hit for this, too. I think they're poorly coached and that's a huge part of the problem, but TT's insane refusal to even stick his pinky toe into the free agency waters gets you Marshall Newhouse, MD Jennings, David Bakhtiari, Don Barclay, Myles White, and scads of other guys who have been thrust into positions they're nowhere near ready for (and in the case of Newhouse and Jennings, never will be ready for). Fuck, at this point, the only guys on this team that I absolutely have to have going into next season are Rodgers, Lacy, Sitton, Bulaga, Nelson, Cobb, Clay, Perry (if he can stay on the field), and Shields. We're carrying an awful lot of laggards on this team.

But what bothered me the most yesterday, and the biggest reason I think MM needs to go at the end of THIS season, was the massive amount of quit that I saw. I was watching that game almost hoping the Lions would hang 60 on us, and if they weren't the slapdick outfit that they are, they would have. Losing by 30 to a team that turned the ball over 4 times and missed a 30-yard field goal... heads should roll just for that alone. I didn't expect the team to keep rolling after Rodgers got hurt, but I did expect them to compete against average teams.

For me, the only question is whether the front office is going to take the easy way out and blame injuries for the pile of shit that is the 2013 Green Bay Packers, or do the hard work of self-examination and actually make some difficult decisions with regards to its coaching staff and pending free agents.
The flip side of this point is that but we did have Rodgers and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

I'm not saying you're wrong to complain about the things that sucked on the Packers, only that WINNING is the bottom line. What team in the NFL, if you took away it's strongest feature and also some of its better additional features would still glide through looking beautiful? Not fucking many, mate.

That said, the absolute HORROR SHOW that this team is showing to be is indefensible. Thompson, McCarthy and Capers have all failed and failed in a significant fashion. This, I cannot argue.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:33 pm

duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

I'd agree. If Tolzien and/or Flynn may be our back ups next year we need to get them work. This is the best time. August is little late.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2