Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst half ever?

+4
MB20
milani
RingoCStarrQB
duck
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Worst half ever? Empty Worst half ever?

Post by duck Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:08 pm

Good God, was that ugly.  I'm about ready to go Bergamo myself.

It feels like we're down 4 TDs, even though it's just one.  Barring an absolute miracle, this game -- and the entire season -- is kaputt.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Worst half ever? Empty Re: Worst half ever?

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:17 pm

duck wrote:Good God, was that ugly.  I'm about ready to go Bergamo myself.

It feels like we're down 4 TDs, even though it's just one.  Barring an absolute miracle, this game -- and the entire season -- is kaputt.
Miracles have been known to happen Duck........particularly in Detroit.   If Randy Wright and Mossy Cade can beat the Lions on Thanksgiving Day ......... then Matt Flynn and Tramon Williams can beat Detroit on Thanksgiving Day.    I clearly remember the shocker of Stanley's punt return.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:17 pm

Like I said in week one this is one of the bottom 5 offensive lines in the league and it gets worse week by week.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:43 pm

In addition to myself and HD, reality also lacks your balanced and reasoned perspective on this team

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:21 pm

And if Rodgers even so much as suits up for the rest of this season, MM should be fired on the spot.

Actually, he should just be fired on Black Monday. Clearly he is nothing without Rodgers, and everyone who will be back next year knows it.

Last edited by MB20 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:40 pm

Guess what?  The second half was even worse.  This is one of the lamest Packer performances I have seen -- ever.

Time for food and alcohol.  Enjoy your Thanksgiving, everyone.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:17 pm

Great performance on the big stage for Murphy, Thompson, McCarthy, Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator, Special Teams today.   McC says we're missing way too many tackles........duh.  Post-Game highlights from Jeff D on TMJ......fumble picked up by Burnett on the 10 yard line.  Crosby's made FG.   Nick Perry's hit on Stafford and Burnett's TD.  Ex-Packer's TD.   Detroit surge with Reggie Bush TD.   Stafford pass to Johnson for TD.  Packers get sacked for a safety.........26-10.....Boy named Suh.    Packers get carved up 40-10 on Thanksgiving Day.   

TRUSTAGE.com sells insurance.

Family package includes meal ticket packages.....Harley Davidson museum package......PACE industries runs die casting plant in Grafton .........PACEIND.com.    Hello Mr. Know It All.......give it a shot on TMJ pro football pick brought to you by DISCOUNT LIQUOR.  Are you in demand?  Get started at UW-Parkside.

Final Numbers:  40-10 loss to the Lions.  Amazing.  DET 30 first downs......Packers 7 first downs.

DET 560 yards offense (241 yards rushing)........Packers 24 yards rushing total on 15 carries.   Packers 102 passing yards.   Detroit 40 minutes time of possession.   Larrivee can not remember such a numbers disadvantage for the Packers.  Flynn 10-12 139 yards, 7 SACKS, passer rating 50.

Mastay had a 47 yard punting average.  Detroit only had 1 punt !!!!!!!!!  One EFFEN PUNT !!!!!!!!!

Packers visited the red zone ONCE which resulted in a turnover LOL LOL LOL LOL LO EFFEN EFFEN EFFEN EFFEN L

GO to Menards to save 55% on Monster DNA Headphones.   Wake up you can't miss Farm and Fleet sales opening at 6 a.m........get a ShopVac to clean up post Packers game puke.     Get a NESCO roaster.   Get a pizza oven.  Other spectacular 50% off sales.   NewsRadio 620 WTMJ.   Check In Often.   Electrical Workers 494 is a proud member of building advantage.

Indigestion is probably the theme of the day.  In the Mike McCarthy era you would have to go back to 2006 to find a margin of loss this wide (35-0).    Lions did alot of things well offensively.  Packers just simply no answer on offense or defense.   Packers path to post season has narrowed dramatically (was that an HD sentence???).

The day after Christmas 1993 the Minister of Defense laterals the ball to Leroy Butler and Lambeau Leap was born.   When you look around for a contractor deliver the perfect triliogy....veselservices.com (nice root).    Chose TRUSTAGE insurance.

GO PACK GO

Wake up you can't miss Farm and Fleet's 50% sale.......get a wrench set for $27.99.   Men's flannel shirts.....Discover buy 1 get 1 free deals.  

Take control of the NFC North........broadcasting live is Greg, John and Mark Tauscher.  

Call here and yell at us.......don't yell at your family.   By the way Happy Thanksgiving.  I just want to throw out one word that I have never heard Coach McCarthy say before "embarrassing".   Tauscher thinks the performance was PUTRID.   Today was meltdown.   Today was a culmination of without Rodgers..........its a tough pill to swallow........but the good thing is its not over.   Call toll free............Time to shut up and carve the turkey.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:27 pm

I recall most of you calling for Sherman's head in 2005 after a deathly performance like this in Baltimore. Now I would say to be fair you should do the same now. The team is showing signs of quitting and lacking simple motivation except for a handful of players.

This is one clear evident time when building through the draft entirely fails. In some of these positions you simply have to get a free agent. You only get one first round pick, two if you are lucky. Lombardi is rolling in his grave. I can see him ranting and raving til his voice goes hoarse.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by PackFanKnowItAll Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:31 pm

This is the BEST Parker team EVER!!  Mike Mcarthly is the BEST COACH I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!  YEAH!!!  High five, duck!!  Guys like us, we see the REAL worth of this team, and know that other people are just too STOOPID to realize it!!  We know SO much more than EVERYONE else, and the best part is we get positive feedblack at our sports bars (and Safeway for me!).  God, I LOVE how smart we are, duck!! YEAH!!  High five, dude!! YEAH!!!
PackFanKnowItAll
PackFanKnowItAll

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Worst half ever? Empty Embarrassing

Post by ffaralli Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:53 pm

This was the worst Packer defeat in probably close to 20 years.

57 yards of total offense until 1:30 in the game.

This D is terrible, only Matthews plays with any passion. Does Raji still play for us?

The O-line was really bad in the 2nd half. The Lions were just pouring through.

Once EDS went out, and Shithouse came in at RG, the floodgates opened.

Glad Rodgers did not play. Poor Flynn.

But I will say that MM called another terrible 1st half. run, run, incomplete pass, punt.

Though getting outplayed, we were ahead 10-3 then tied 10-10 until just before the half.

We needed to make things happen then to stay in the game, not let the other team get 2 tds up on us, which is Exactly what happened.

Did MM have them practice at all this week? WTF were they doing all week?

MM did not have this team ready to play again. 

To lose is one thing, but to get destroyed, another thing totally.

As for big mouth Sitton, STFU from now on, even if you spoke the truth.

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:33 pm

LACK OF EFFORT, LACK OF PREPARATION, LACK OF MOTIVATION, LACK OF EXECUTION, LACK OF INTENSITY, LACK OF PASSION.........................LACK OF RUNNING TO DAYLIGHT.

Milani is correct.........time to start cleaning house including TT (his backup QB preparedness plan requires his removal as GM of the Green Bay Packers).

GO PACKERs
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:47 pm

The media always likes to crown the Lions for beating us on Turkey Day 1962 while sacking Starr 11 times and pretty much dominating us like today.

We were banged up that day also especially on the O-line. We had just come off a hard late game victory against Unitas and the Colts.

Down 26-0 going into the 4th quarter the team did not just quit and turn in the towel. Lombardi spoke about pride and at least they went out and executed their game plan in the last 15 and did drive for 2 TDs on the ground. It was our only blemish of the season en route to the world championship.

After that 4th quarter no one would beat us again in 1962. Big difference from today. These guys were beat the minute they hit the field and could not wait to get out of town.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Newsflash...  This season was over three weeks ago.  Why do you think I gave up on the season predictions?  Yeah, yeah...they were only a game out.  So what?  There's what could be and there's what is...and what this team is, as some of us have been saying, is shit...  It's been obvious to those willing to see--for weeks...

Above all--McStoopid should have started Rodgers in this game.  Now it's too late--so it doesn't matter anymore...  The dumb fuck just can't get it right.

Tie the Christian Ponder Lezbo Viqueens at Lambeau Field?  You're fuckin' kidding me.  Pack the tent and slap the donkey's ass--it's time to move on...

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:48 pm

_HD_ wrote:

Newsflash...  This season was over three weeks ago.  Why do you think I gave up on the season predictions?  Yeah, yeah...they were only a game out.  So what?  There's what could be and there's what is...and what this team is, as some of us have been saying, is shit...  It's been obvious to those willing to see--for weeks...

Above all--McStoopid should have started Rodgers in this game.  Now it's too late--so it doesn't matter anymore...  The dumb fuck just can't get it right.

Tie the Christian Ponder Lezbo Viqueens at Lambeau Field?  You're fuckin' kidding me.  Pack the tent and slap the donkey's ass--it's time to move on...
And the other bad news is........the Packers management has 80,000+ agitated and irritated GREEN season ticket holders and 80,000+ GOLD season ticket holders.   Major booing going on Dec 8 versus the Falcons.

Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by PackFanKnowItAll Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:05 pm

_HD_ wrote:

HD, your noe Parker fan!  The guys at my sports bar TOTALLY agree with me - Mike Mcarthly is a GENIOUS and the BEST COACH I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!  You have NO idea how much guys like duck and I knoe about foosball!!  He's my COACH OF THE YEAR winner!! YEAH!!!  High five, duck!! Guys like us, we can post links to meaningless info that kind of supports our precariouss position, and all these DUMASSES jjst cant rap their heads around it!!  YEAH!!!  We're the BEST Parker fans!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PackFanKnowItAll
PackFanKnowItAll

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:29 am

milani wrote:I recall most of you calling for Sherman's head in 2005 after a deathly performance like this in Baltimore. Now I would say to be fair you should do the same now. The team is showing signs of quitting and lacking simple motivation except for a handful of players.

This is one clear evident time when building through the draft entirely fails. In some of these positions you simply have to get a free agent. You only get one first round pick, two if you are lucky. Lombardi is rolling in his grave. I can see him ranting and raving til his voice goes hoarse.

No, Milani, MM will get a pass on this season because of the Rodgers injury but there will have to be some kind of coaching shake up after this disappointing season.  I think HD hit the nail on the head earlier when he said Capers will surely be shitcanned and McCarthy will be given notice that his team had better win the NFC North and a couple of playoff games next year.

I have to say that I'm hugely disappointed MM laid such a big egg today.  I stand by my defense of him in previous games but there's no disputing the fact that he didn't have his troops ready to play today.  He takes the lion's share of the blame for this humiliating loss.  Jim Schwartz completely out-coached him -- and that's fucking ugly.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:36 am

_HD_ wrote:

Are you kidding me???  Thank God Rodgers never set foot on the field today.  Even he couldn't have won the game the way the defense was playing and he probably would have just re-injured himself behind that band aid line.  Unless Rodgers is 100% -- and I mean fully healed and 100% -- I don't want to see him play again this year.  For what?  The season is over.  Let him take more time to fully strengthen and recondition his bum collarbone so he can start fresh next year.

At least we can agree that our season is over.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:01 am

I am just glad I was able to sell my Falcons and Steelers Lambeau Field tickets before the season started.   Who would want to pay to see that [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] again and again and again without a properly coached and motivated team and an NFL-caliber QB under center?    It's really about the D and offensive line, the line of scrimmages.  Jordy and Jones and Boykin are out there tryin'...........and Eddie is tryin'..........Starks wants to play Packers football.  Hyde is ready to play Packers football.  None of our offensive lineman are prepared mentally to play. Our TEs are tentative at best. Kicker Crosby is still tryin' (I think he is 25 for 30 this season so STFU!!!), and Masthay is always ready to help us out field position-wise.   The fans will be there at Lambeau Field cheering for sure.    HOT ThrottlePlate's Special of the Day SHIT STEW in TITLETOWN on December 8th baby!   I'll be at M&T Bank Stadium rootin' for the Ravens to destroy the Vikings after many Harpoon IPAs, a shot or 2 (depending on the weather), and at least one Pickles special Italian Sausage sandwich.   Will be watching the Packers score on the M&T Stadium scoreboards.  PACK GO PACK   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:10 am

The alarming consistent is the way the teams wears out in a MASSIVEWAY in the 2nd half of each game.

The injuries, the hamstring plague, the inability to come even close to playing 4 quarters...There is something fundamentally WRONG with this team, and it is 100 percent management's fault.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:59 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Are you kidding me???  Thank God Rodgers never set foot on the field today.  Even he couldn't have won the game the way the defense was playing and he probably would have just re-injured himself behind that band aid line.  Unless Rodgers is 100% -- and I mean fully healed and 100% -- I don't want to see him play again this year.  For what?  The season is over.  Let him take more time to fully strengthen and recondition his bum collarbone so he can start fresh next year.

Wrong again, Duck...  As we've just had painfully demonstrated, Rodgers elevates the play of everyone around him in a big way...and this would not likely have been an exception.  This was the must win game the pack had to have in order to have any chance to extend their season.  That's when you put it all out there--NOT when it's too late.  He breaks his collar bone again?  Who cares?  It's over anyway.

Secondly--you're buying in to McCarthy's plan like the loyal trooper you are.  You see--he'll hold Rodgers out for as long as he can in a self-preservation move so he can blame this botched abortion of a season on nothing more than injuries and not have to face the wrath where it truly belongs...and that, of course, is on HIM and to a lesser degree TT...

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:40 am

JnC4GB wrote:The alarming consistent is the way the teams wears out in a MASSIVEWAY in the 2nd half of each game.

The injuries, the hamstring plague, the inability to come even close to playing 4 quarters...There is something fundamentally WRONG with this team, and it is 100 percent management's fault.
Not directed at you specifically, JnC...

Remember all these times over the past couple of years when the team won despite shitting all over itself? Sloppy tackling, lackluster play, going quarters at a time with their heads up their asses in general... and how HD and I would always rip the team (and the coaching staff in particular) a new asshole anyway even though everyone else was like, "Hey, we won- what the fuck is your problem?" THIS was what the fuck our problem was. Rodgers was masking an utter shitshow, and it was there to see for anyone who cared to open their eyes.

And, yes, JnC, management has to take a huge hit for this, too. I think they're poorly coached and that's a huge part of the problem, but TT's insane refusal to even stick his pinky toe into the free agency waters gets you Marshall Newhouse, MD Jennings, David Bakhtiari, Don Barclay, Myles White, and scads of other guys who have been thrust into positions they're nowhere near ready for (and in the case of Newhouse and Jennings, never will be ready for). Fuck, at this point, the only guys on this team that I absolutely have to have going into next season are Rodgers, Lacy, Sitton, Bulaga, Nelson, Cobb, Clay, Perry (if he can stay on the field), and Shields. We're carrying an awful lot of laggards on this team.

But what bothered me the most yesterday, and the biggest reason I think MM needs to go at the end of THIS season, was the massive amount of quit that I saw. I was watching that game almost hoping the Lions would hang 60 on us, and if they weren't the slapdick outfit that they are, they would have. Losing by 30 to a team that turned the ball over 4 times and missed a 30-yard field goal... heads should roll just for that alone. I didn't expect the team to keep rolling after Rodgers got hurt, but I did expect them to compete against average teams.

For me, the only question is whether the front office is going to take the easy way out and blame injuries for the pile of shit that is the 2013 Green Bay Packers, or do the hard work of self-examination and actually make some difficult decisions with regards to its coaching staff and pending free agents.

Last edited by MB20 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I somehow forgot Cobb)

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:48 am

duck wrote:I have to say that I'm hugely disappointed MM laid such a big egg today.  I stand by my defense of him in previous games but there's no disputing the fact that he didn't have his troops ready to play today.  He takes the lion's share of the blame for this humiliating loss.  Jim Schwartz completely out-coached him -- and that's fucking ugly.
Mind-boggling. You think yesterday was an isolated incident and MM just had a bad day? The team's season was at stake and that was what he produced. THAT was the effort his team gave him. That shit wasn't the product of an off day- it was the cumulative result of his players checking out on him because they know he can't tell his ass from his fucking elbow without Rodgers.

This organization needs better than this if they're intent on capitalizing on this Rodgers window. Any more seasons with MM are a waste before they even begin.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:10 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Wrong again, Duck...  As we've just had painfully demonstrated, Rodgers elevates the play of everyone around him in a big way...and this would not likely have been an exception.  This was the must win game the pack had to have in order to have any chance to extend their season.  That's when you put it all out there--NOT when it's too late.  He breaks his collar bone again?  Who cares?  It's over anyway.

Secondly--you're buying in to McCarthy's plan like the loyal trooper you are.  You see--he'll hold Rodgers out for as long as he can in a self-preservation move so he can blame this botched abortion of a season on nothing more than injuries and not have to face the wrath where it truly belongs...and that, of course, is on HIM and to a lesser degree TT...

Speaking of loyal troopers... whaddaya think, MB?  Do you agree with HD that Rodgers should have started yesterday?
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next