Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst half...

4 posters

Go down

Worst half... Empty Worst half...

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:14 pm

...of offensive playcalling I 've seen in a loooong fucking time... Rodgers is obviously suffering from poor line play and has his confidence shaken--resulting in him reverting back to holding the ball too long and taking the sack... So how does Shrek adjust? By CALLING THE SAME FUCKING drop back deep ball game!

Hello Shrekstick! Establish some rhythm and QB confidence with some short crossing routes and incorporate the TE... Mitigate the rush by hitting some screens... How about something called a RUN once in a fucking millenium so everybody isn't keying on the pass so you can give your play action game some credibility?

Grade for first half: F

Back to top Go down

Worst half... Empty Re: Worst half...

Post by duck Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:34 pm

_HD_ wrote:...of offensive playcalling I 've seen in a loooong fucking time... Rodgers is obviously suffering from poor line play and has his confidence shaken--resulting in him reverting back to holding the ball too long and taking the sack... So how does Shrek adjust? By CALLING THE SAME FUCKING drop back deep ball game!

Hello Shrekstick! Establish some rhythm and QB confidence with some short crossing routes and incorporate the TE... Mitigate the rush by hitting some screens... How about something called a RUN once in a fucking millenium so everybody isn't keying on the pass so you can give your play action game some credibility?

Grade for first half: F

Let's talk about this for a change because, while the blown call at the end was arguably the most atrocious ref blunder in NFL history, it should never have come to that. I agree, HD, that first half was the worst offensive outing I have ever seen this Rodgers/MM team put forth. I give the coaches credit for finally making the necessary adjustments (like, duh, run the fucking ball and when you pass, go for shorter stuff), but that first half put us in the hole.

I'm starting to become greatly concerned with one particular player too: Newhouse. The drop off from Cliffy to him is horrendous. You can't afford to have a weak link at left tackle... it rattles the QB and we've seen that already. Rodgers can't get comfortable in the pocket and we can't throw deep because of that.

I'm beginning to wonder if Newhouse is this year's Mike Neal. TT has made a big gamble in each of the last three years. In 2010 he gambled on Starks and barely won, based on Starks last minute emergence in the playoffs. Last year he dumped Jenkins for Neal and lost horribly. This year he didn't address the LT position and rapped pat with Newhouse.

That could be the undoing of a great offense.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Worst half... Empty Newhouse/OL/other thoughts

Post by ffaralli Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:36 pm

Duck,

Its not Newhouse, I don't think. He's not Clifton, but he's not a glaring problem.

Last night Bulaga sucked ass big time....getting pushed back by a much smaller lineman, a speed rusher on one play, and then beaten to the corner by the same guy the next.

Lang and Sitton played poorly also in the first half. And I'm not sure about Saturday either....he's the new man on this line.

This game is on MM. He is another Andy Reid, refusing to run the ball to keep the defenses honest. So we don't score 40 pts a game. Did you see the way we ran and controlled the game in the 2nd half? Plus our D looks pretty good this year, so we won't need to outscore everyone with 40+ points. That Seattle D is smaller and faster. I would have attacked them early on by running up the gut on them.

And Benson is nothing special. 4-5 yards at most. Picks the holes much better than Grant ever could but he lacks burst to run a 30-40 yarder.
I'm afraid he's gonna hurt us by fumbling, we got a taste of it last night and that didn't help either at that time.

And what the Eff is Capers doing on the last play rushing 2-3 guys. Bullshit, go get the SOB, don't let him run around like that.

And aren't these DBs taught to knock the ball down? MD Jennings should have swatted the ball away (in hindsight).

This Hail Mary shit is getting on my nerves. Peprah got blamed last year vs NY....but Woodson was at the center of both Hail Marys and did nothing again last night.

And they talk about Russell Wilson like he's Joe Willie Namath. He's just a future career backup, without a big arm. How the hell did he beat out Matt Flynn? Not impressed by him at all.

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:56 pm

I believe MM accepted responsibility for not changing the scheme until the second half. He's as stubborn with the passing game as Lombardi was with the running game. Putting in that jumbo package with 3 TEs helped us get going and suddenly ARod had some time.

We moved the ball in the second half and should have put up at least one other TD instead of 2 FGs. Missing the 2 point conversion was critical. Not a good call to go to the corner. Against Frisco he went right into the teeth for 2. But ARod and the offense is still nowhere compared to last season. Hawks have a super secondary but MM should have been thinking more block and run like he did against the Bears.

I'd like to get these guys in the post season with the real refs.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:18 am

ffaralli wrote:Duck,

Its not Newhouse, I don't think. He's not Clifton, but he's not a glaring problem.

Last night Bulaga sucked ass big time....getting pushed back by a much smaller lineman, a speed rusher on one play, and then beaten to the corner by the same guy the next.

Lang and Sitton played poorly also in the first half. And I'm not sure about Saturday either....he's the new man on this line.

This game is on MM. He is another Andy Reid, refusing to run the ball to keep the defenses honest. So we don't score 40 pts a game. Did you see the way we ran and controlled the game in the 2nd half? Plus our D looks pretty good this year, so we won't need to outscore everyone with 40+ points. That Seattle D is smaller and faster. I would have attacked them early on by running up the gut on them.

And Benson is nothing special. 4-5 yards at most. Picks the holes much better than Grant ever could but he lacks burst to run a 30-40 yarder.
I'm afraid he's gonna hurt us by fumbling, we got a taste of it last night and that didn't help either at that time.

And what the Eff is Capers doing on the last play rushing 2-3 guys. Bullshit, go get the SOB, don't let him run around like that.

And aren't these DBs taught to knock the ball down? MD Jennings should have swatted the ball away (in hindsight).

This Hail Mary shit is getting on my nerves. Peprah got blamed last year vs NY....but Woodson was at the center of both Hail Marys and did nothing again last night.

And they talk about Russell Wilson like he's Joe Willie Namath. He's just a future career backup, without a big arm. How the hell did he beat out Matt Flynn? Not impressed by him at all.

FF

Yes, FF, Bulaga was the lineman who most notably sucked against Seattle, but Newhouse has not looked good to me this entire season. Bottom line is that he doesn't offer Rodgers the security he had under Clifton and that is crucial on the blind side. That's often how QBs develop happy feet.

Lots of other good comments too, as usual. The Benson fumble stands out in my mind. if Saturday doesn't recover, the Seahawks punch it in, and if Rodgers doesn't get an answering FG, Benson is the goat of the game... not the refs. Jeez, how can you fumble in a situation like that? And he's going to be our "closer"? Gulp.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Great observations, Duck. But don't be so hard on TT. He has a lot of $$ to settle before next season. He tried with Sherrod but the broken leg threw quite a wrench in there. Remember how long it took Flanagan to get on the field and show what he could do? And don't forget about NFL Europe star Marco Rivera. Not all GMs can build a great offensive line.

You all are right about Benson. He is a good pounder and knows how to run. But he IS a 4-5 yarder. A few of those openings he charged through could have been long, long runs ala Ahman Green. On one of them I said to myself Adrian Peterson would have taken it to the house.

But not having Benson right now would make it even worse than just having Brandon Jackson back there.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:28 pm

This is just a massive effen mess that needs to cleaned up late Sunday afternoon at the epi-center of professional sports. GO PACK GO
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down