Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My hunch on Rodgers: late return, season over

+3
ILvLamp
RingoCStarrQB
duck
7 posters

Go down

My hunch on Rodgers:  late return, season over Empty My hunch on Rodgers: late return, season over

Post by duck Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:04 am

I hate to be Capt. Crash but my sense is that if there was a strong chance Rodgers would be back this week, we'd catch wind of it somewhere by now.  Stuff like that doesn't get hidden in this age of immediate information.  We've had our teases that Rodgers might be ready as early as this Sunday but they've petered out now.  Apparently Tolzien has already been named the starter against the Vikes.

This article, while not overly pessimistic, doesn't provide any optimism either.  It speaks to the need to be cautious -- and rightfully so.  The absolute worst thing that cold happen would be for Rodgers to come back prematurely, snap the damn collarbone in two, and be out of commission for months.

My sense is that Rodgers will not be ready for another 3-4 weeks and by then our season will be over.  Even though the guy has shown potential and I see him as a solid future prospect, we'll be lucky to win a game with Tolzien as a starter right now.

Conclusion: this will be a lost and likely losing season.

I sure hope I'm dead wrong.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

My hunch on Rodgers:  late return, season over Empty Re: My hunch on Rodgers: late return, season over

Post by Guest Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:22 am

duck wrote:I hate to be Capt. Crash but my sense is that if there was a strong chance Rodgers would be back this week, we'd catch wind of it somewhere by now.  Stuff like that doesn't get hidden in this age of immediate information.  We've had our teases that Rodgers might be ready as early as this Sunday but they've petered out now.  Apparently Tolzien has already been named the starter against the Vikes.

This article, while not overly pessimistic, doesn't provide any optimism either.  It speaks to the need to be cautious -- and rightfully so.  The absolute worst thing that cold happen would be for Rodgers to come back prematurely, snap the damn collarbone in two, and be out of commission for months.

My sense is that Rodgers will not be ready for another 3-4 weeks and by then our season will be over.  Even though the guy has shown potential and I see him as a solid future prospect, we'll be lucky to win a game with Tolzien as a starter right now.

I agree with JnC on this one.  Put him out there.  Fatty has already practically said that Rodgers wants to start this one.  Lose this game--and the players mail it in from here.  If Rodgers' collar bone becomes re-injured at this point--what difference does it make?   It's over anyway if you're going to be so conservative that you don't put him out there--and it's not like a collar bone of the non-throwing shoulder is going to be career-threatening regardless...  Hero's become that way by being fucking heroic... March his ass out there...  This is MUST WIN land...

The ONLY way this team can expect to win is if the O keeps this botched abortion of a D off the fucking field.  Point blank. 

Back to top Go down

My hunch on Rodgers:  late return, season over Empty Re: My hunch on Rodgers: late return, season over

Post by duck Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:40 am

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:I hate to be Capt. Crash but my sense is that if there was a strong chance Rodgers would be back this week, we'd catch wind of it somewhere by now.  Stuff like that doesn't get hidden in this age of immediate information.  We've had our teases that Rodgers might be ready as early as this Sunday but they've petered out now.  Apparently Tolzien has already been named the starter against the Vikes.

I agree with JnC on this one.  Put him out there.  Fatty has already practically said that Rodgers wants to start this one.  Lose this game--and the players mail it in from here.  If Rodgers' collar bone becomes re-injured at this point--what difference does it make?   It's over anyway if you're going to be so conservative that you don't put him out there anyway and it's not like a collar bone of the non-throwing shoulder is going to be career-threatening regardless...  Hero's become that way by being fucking heroic... March his ass out there...  This is MUST WIN land...

The ONLY way this team can win is if the O keeps this botched abortion of a D off the fucking field.  Point blank. 
As a fan, I agree with you and JnC.  I would love to see him out there.  He's our only chance of saving this season -- and in fact if he can play anywhere close to the level he has demonstrated his entire career, I would still predict a playoff berth for the Pack.

That's my heart talking.  My head tells me that the Packer brass right now is conferring with their medical staff and calculating the risk/reward of bringing him back.  Sadly, I believe they will conclude the break has not had sufficient time to heal and they will err on the side of giving him more time off. 

I would love it if we could win with Tolzien... but I don't see it.  I thought we had a chance to pick up a game from either Philly or the Giants but apparently I was too optimistic.  I don't think we can even beat the Vikings with him.  The problem of course is that every defense is going to key on Lacy and make Tolzien beat him with his arm and a limited playbook.  Eventually he will make mistakes (five picks already) and the defense will capitalize on them.  And of course, our beleaguered offense has gotten virtually no support from our listless defense.  Bad combination.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:43 am

It's a lousy chip fracture for Christ's sake...  Jeezus...I crushed my hand hooking up the snowmobile trailer a few years ago, grabbed a handful of snow and went riding for like 500 miles over 3 days with barely being able to grasp the handlebar.  This is what he does--get his ass out there... 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:52 am

It's a lousy chip fracture for Christ's sake...  Jeezus...I crushed my hand hooking up the snowmobile trailer a few years ago, grabbed a handful of snow and went riding for like 500 miles over 3 days with barely being able to grasp the handlebar.  This is what he does--get his ass out there...  

You weren't being chased by vicious 300 pound linemen who would like nothing better than to smash you to the ground and finally get that fracture to snap.  Smile 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:02 am

duck wrote:It's a lousy chip fracture for Christ's sake...  Jeezus...I crushed my hand hooking up the snowmobile trailer a few years ago, grabbed a handful of snow and went riding for like 500 miles over 3 days with barely being able to grasp the handlebar.  This is what he does--get his ass out there...  

You weren't being chased by vicious 300 pound linemen who would like nothing better than to smash you to the ground and finally get that fracture to snap.  Smile 
Shiiiit...  You haven't seen me ride...  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:49 am

_HD_ wrote:

It's a lousy chip fracture for Christ's sake...  Jeezus...I crushed my hand hooking up the snowmobile trailer a few years ago, grabbed a handful of snow and went riding for like 500 miles over 3 days with barely being able to grasp the handlebar.  This is what he does--get his ass out there... 

With or Without Bloody Marys ??  Tee Hee Tee Hee   Razz 

RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:52 am

duck wrote:It's a lousy chip fracture for Christ's sake...  Jeezus...I crushed my hand hooking up the snowmobile trailer a few years ago, grabbed a handful of snow and went riding for like 500 miles over 3 days with barely being able to grasp the handlebar.  This is what he does--get his ass out there...  

Or a rough lady trying to kick your hand away from her tushy in the snowmobilers bars after your friendliness increased due to Bloody Marys.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ILvLamp Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:47 am

I agree with JnC on this one.  Put him out there.  Fatty has already practically said that Rodgers wants to start this one.  Lose this game--and the players mail it in from here.  If Rodgers' collar bone becomes re-injured at this point--what difference does it make?   It's over anyway if you're going to be so conservative that you don't put him out there--and it's not like a collar bone of the non-throwing shoulder is going to be career-threatening regardless...  Hero's become that way by being fucking heroic... March his ass out there...  This is MUST WIN land...

The ONLY way this team can expect to win is if the O keeps this botched abortion of a D off the fucking field.  Point blank. 

Ohhh, settle down. They do have one of those "yuk-it-up" self-serve-steak-grilling restaurants that you said you enjoy so much. If they lose, you and Ringo can scoot on over to the Prime Quarter with your gals and sip your bloodys, while flipping your butt-steaks on that really cool community grill. You'll be back in good spirits in no time!
                                             Wink  

ILvLamp
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:15 am

_HD_ wrote:

Couldn't agree with this more. Any hopes this team has of reaching the playoffs hinges now on beating the Vikings first, and I don't think that the Packers can do that without Rodgers (kind of tells you what awaits this team should they even make the playoffs, but anyway...). The only justification that MM has for not starting him is if the injury limits the throws Rodgers can make. Otherwise, there is no excuse for overcautiousness here.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:21 am

Worth sitting thru the fucking ad.

JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:05 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Or a rough lady trying to kick your hand away from her tushy in the snowmobilers bars after your friendliness increased due to Bloody Marys.
Rut...roh, ya got in trouble again, eh?  lol
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:29 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:

LOL.  You've got to watch that projection, Ringo...  You've got to sell the rights before you put your life story out there...  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:02 pm

If ARod is not back on the field by Turkey Day then we may just as well shut him down the rest of the way and let Tolzien get his baptism. Nothing like having a back up for next year possibly with some wet feet. The only thing is that most of the team will quit playing knowing Rodgers is not back.
Just imagine if this happened last season and all we had was Graham Harrell.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:16 pm

_HD_ wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

LOL.  You've got to watch that projection, Ringo...  You've got to sell the rights before you put your life story out there...  Wink

So HD...........you are telling me I am going to walk in to a snowmobile bar some Saturday night and see YOU getting your hand kicked by a rough lady  LOL LOL LOL.........and that event will be in a famous book chronicling the life of RingoCStarrQB.    NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!    To the best of my knowledge I have never rubbed a tushy in a bar..........
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down