Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better late than never

+2
duck
MB20
6 posters

Go down

Better late than never Empty Better late than never

Post by MB20 Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:54 pm

I fucking LOVE the Eddie Lacy pick. Love, love, love it. Got our RB, finally.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Better late than never Empty Re: Better late than never

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:29 pm

MB20 wrote:I fucking LOVE the Eddie Lacy pick. Love, love, love it. Got our RB, finally.

Snapping up what most consider to be the best tailback in the entire draft after trading down to the second to last pick in the second round and snapping up an extra early 4th in the process? Mike Sherman would be rubbing garlic all over his nuts and violently thrusting a cross in your face over that one... Laughing Sweet, sweet opportunistic pick. He probably wasn't looking RB there...but played his board not unlike what he did with Aaron Rodgers. Hopefully it turns out similiarly... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:10 am

_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:I fucking LOVE the Eddie Lacy pick. Love, love, love it. Got our RB, finally.

Snapping up what most consider to be the best tailback in the entire draft after trading down to the second to last pick in the second round and snapping up an extra early 4th in the process? Mike Sherman would be rubbing garlic all over his nuts and violently thrusting a cross in your face over that one... Laughing Sweet, sweet opportunistic pick. He probably wasn't looking RB there...but played his board not unlike what he did with Aaron Rodgers. Hopefully it turns out similiarly... Wink

Holy shit, this draft is shaping up nicely. Not only was Lacy a great value pick but he happens to fill one of our biggest needs. Remember how well our offense was functioning with Cedric Benson? Remember how it turned to shit in the second half of the Indy game after he went down? A big bruising running back who can pick up short yardage is EXACTLY what we need to give our offense balance and keep Rodgers upright.

Even better... the albino wheeled and dealed and got us FOUR extra friggin draft picks for tomorrow. As the Packer website suggests, "All the trades back most likely indicate the Packers have a lot of players on their board with late-round grades and wouldn’t have been maximizing value in the third round to select one of them." These picks would have value to any team but, given TT's track record of late round success, they have even more value to us.

Between the positive structure of Rodgers' contract extension and the bonanza on Draft Day 2, the albino's stock is shooting up again.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:21 am

yeah duck the packers are the greatest drafters in the world and today I am wearing my packer underwear,hahaha just joking my friend.The pack is gearing up to make a good run for the next few years as are the niners and falcons and even the Vikings got some good talent.The better we look so do the other teams.I do hope the running game is gonna be a serious threat this year and not more of mcfattys wet dreams as he always does the opposite of what he says he wants his team to be.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:41 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Holy shit, this draft is shaping up nicely. Not only was Lacy a great value pick but he happens to fill one of our biggest needs. Remember how well our offense was functioning with Cedric Benson? Remember how it turned to shit in the second half of the Indy game after he went down? A big bruising running back who can pick up short yardage is EXACTLY what we need to give our offense balance and keep Rodgers upright.

Even better... the albino wheeled and dealed and got us FOUR extra friggin draft picks for tomorrow. As the Packer website suggests, "All the trades back most likely indicate the Packers have a lot of players on their board with late-round grades and wouldn’t have been maximizing value in the third round to select one of them." These picks would have value to any team but, given TT's track record of late round success, they have even more value to us.

Between the positive structure of Rodgers' contract extension and the bonanza on Draft Day 2, the albino's stock is shooting up again.

...as he better, Duck... When you're a one-trick pony--you better never fail to turn the trick you tout--otherwise [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] TT IS THE MAN
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Better late than never Empty Helluva back but.....

Post by ffaralli Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:06 pm

he's injury prone....goes back to high school.

We got another James Starks on our hands.....I hope I'm wrong on this.

And he won't have those gaping holes from our line, I can promise you that.

But gotta love the Jonathan Franklin pick. Many considered Lacy and him, 1-2 best backs in the draft.

I do think TT and MM see the error of their ways......and are trying hard to bring balance to the offense.

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:28 pm

Doing a good job “T”, keep it going. It took me a while to understand your drafting style but now I’ve picked up on it and you’re knock’em out baby

I did not say this but I'll second the motion.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:15 am

Well, make that two. This offense has no excuse not to be back to tearin' shit up.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:28 pm

Exactly. Another rare occasion when Ringo actually agrees with MB.

Yeah..........the offense should be back in gear. And the defense should be better too (how can it not). Hate to say it but I will........ALOT of the offenses success will depend on TE production (blocking and receiving). Lacy averaged 6 yards per carry in 4 big time games last season. I will be delighted to see Lacy blast through arm tackles on the Packers sweep........we need a guy that explodes, not a guy that dances. With Dave Robinson announcing the pick ya gotta believe Lacy will be a big time star. Maybe even beat out Ahman Green for the Packers all time rushing record. Lacy wears Brockington's number........but then again so did Ellerson (I believe). RUN TO DAYLIGHT EDDIE!!!!!!!! RUN TO DAYLIGHT.

GO PACKERs
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:36 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Exactly. Another rare occasion when Ringo actually agrees with MB.

Yeah..........the offense should be back in gear. And the defense should be better too (how can it not). Hate to say it but I will........ALOT of the offenses success will depend on TE production (blocking and receiving). Lacy averaged 6 yards per carry in 4 big time games last season. I will be delighted to see Lacy blast through arm tackles on the Packers sweep........we need a guy that explodes, not a guy that dances. With Dave Robinson announcing the pick ya gotta believe Lacy will be a big time star. Maybe even beat out Ahman Green for the Packers all time rushing record. Lacy wears Brockington's number........but then again so did Ellerson (I believe). RUN TO DAYLIGHT EDDIE!!!!!!!! RUN TO DAYLIGHT.

GO PACKERs

Will Lacy be able to do it behind our so so offensive line? Let's hope so. At Alabama he was behind a bulldozing front that knocked Notre Dame's vaunted defense into the bleachers. Week One he goes right into the Smith Bros. and co. by the Bay. Go get em' Lacy.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:22 pm

we will lose first game to niners as mcfatty wont quite have the patience to stick to the run game,a leopard cant change its spots so goes mcfatty,please fat one make me wrong.Or we get ate up by the run option again and have no choice but to throw.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:33 pm

Hey Ringo........according to the Pro Shop Lacy will be wearing #27 for the Packers. A good sign......wearing #27 will give Eddie the opportunity to perform outside the shadow of Brockington.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down