Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

__so good__

5 posters

Go down

__so good__ Empty __so good__

Post by Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

__so good__ Empty Re: __so good__

Post by JnC4GB Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:16 am

Saw these gals at the Universal Amphitheater in Los Angeles on their first big tour...1978, I think.

Back then, the blonde one got zero attention...t'was all about the brunette Cool  

Back then they were also a BAND. I lost interest when they dumped all the guys and brought in slick, but anonymous session players going forward and made a bunch of MOR power ballads. 

But once upon a time...(sigh)...

JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:03 am

Heart... meh.  I actually enjoyed HD's acoustic performance but JnC's earlier one was very pedestrian, IMHO.  

On a 10 point scale, I'd give Heart a 4.6-5.4.  Smile
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:48 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Saw these gals at the Universal Amphitheater in Los Angeles on their first big tour...1978, I think.

Back then, the blonde one got zero attention...t'was all about the brunette Cool  

Back then they were also a BAND. I lost interest when they dumped all the guys and brought in slick, but anonymous session players going forward and made a bunch of MOR power ballads. 

But once upon a time...(sigh)...

Good stuff there.  They were really a progressive band back then.  1978.  Nice.  You've hit some good ones right in their prime...  Wink 

Nancy Wilson (the blond) obviously has held up much better than her sister Ann.  She's never been drop-dead gorgeous or anything--but for a 60 year old woman--there's still something very sexy about her...  Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:36 pm

duck wrote:Heart... meh.  I actually enjoyed HD's acoustic performance but JnC's earlier one was very pedestrian, IMHO.  
Dude, it was a horrid lip-synced video --posted to illustrate earlier music style and for time-specific visual reference only.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:38 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
duck wrote:Heart... meh.  I actually enjoyed HD's acoustic performance but JnC's earlier one was very pedestrian, IMHO.  
Dude, it was a horrid lip-synced video --posted to illustrate earlier music style and for time-specific visual reference only.

Whew!
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:50 pm

duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:
Whew!
LOL

I've always been a fan of Heart.
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:02 pm

I was at this show about a year ago in Boston..........about the 15th row main floor center stage.   Stood the entire show.   Never saw Heart before.........they were great!!   Very tight band........put on a great showl  The encore was Zeppelin's Misty Mountain Hop.  

RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

__so good__ Empty Heart and the Beach Boys

Post by ffaralli Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:08 pm

I saw these gals opening for the Beach Boys, I thought it was 1976 or 77.

They were really really good.

Ann was much thinner then and actually had more people oogling at her than Nancy.

But she could wail then too!!

I knew they were going to be great going forward.

Looking back at some of the people that I have seen, when they were relative nobody's.

• Heart opening for the Beach Boys
  • Johnny "Cougar" opening for the Kinks. They booed him in Philly that night. I thought he was fantastic
  • Came in late to a Bob Seger show....the opening band was excellent. Asked a fellow next to me, who were those guys that opened. "Some dudes from the Midwest. REO something or other."
  • Bruce when his tickets were just $12. Went with my brother and a good friend's fiance. I used to go straight to the Spectrum (Philly) to buy the tickets...hated to pay a service charge (TicketMaster). Sold out. Our friend's fiance goes to some ticket agency and they charge us a $5 service fee for the tickets. $17 bucks.  My brother screams out "There's nobody worth paying 17 bucks to see." We still laugh about that statement.

$17. Nobody's worth $17.

If I only had a chrystal ball.

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Reading these posts I just threw up in my mouth. EEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUU They suck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content