Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The direction this team may go

3 posters

Go down

The direction this team may go Empty The direction this team may go

Post by leejr Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Some calling for Tomlin,and Colbert head. But,don't be surprise this club do what they did in the past,that is unloading some vet players for better draft picks. This team in the skilled is up in age. They just may take a page out of the Celtics book and start unloading big name players to start the rebuilding process. Does Franco name bring back memories an ex Seahawk.
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The direction this team may go Empty Re: The direction this team may go

Post by diehardsteersfan Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:18 pm

leejr wrote:Some calling for Tomlin,and Colbert head. But,don't be surprise this club do what they did in the past,that is unloading some vet players for better draft picks. This team in the skilled is up in age. They just may take a page out of the Celtics book and start unloading big name players to start the rebuilding process. Does Franco name bring back memories an ex Seahawk.
Name on person other than Ben Roethlisberger that would be considered trade bait for another team?  Because as of right now, I simply can not think of one single person.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:24 pm

I hope they don't,but Ben,Troy.
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:32 pm

leejr wrote:I hope they don't,but Ben,Troy.
Do you guys remember how long it took for us to finally get a decent quarterback?  Bradshaw was the last really good one and it took 5-years before he was any good from what I have heard.  We had Neil O'Donnell and he was just above averge.  Ben is better than both of those guys so this organization better think twice before letting him go.  We've got a very limited time left to getting Ben back to a championship but it's going to take a massive transformation and a change in leadership before that's possible IMHO.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:58 pm

I do know what you're saying,but teams does this all the time. I pray this doesn't happen,but we maybe looking at the 80s again. If they don't improve very soon,it will happen. Time is surely getting short for those guys
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:20 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Do you guys remember how long it took for us to finally get a decent quarterback?  Bradshaw was the last really good one and it took 5-years before he was any good from what I have heard.  We had Neil O'Donnell and he was just above averge.  Ben is better than both of those guys so this organization better think twice before letting him go.  We've got a very limited time left to getting Ben back to a championship but it's going to take a massive transformation and a change in leadership before that's possible IMHO.
 You can loose games without a 100 million dollar QB too......Plus the cap space they would gain. I hope they don't, but can see the business choice if they did. Troy is in same position. His salary compared to his age... makes him  expendable too. Lamaar Woodley is another pile of cash that could be spent elsewhere. For the numbers of sacks he's getting... any average OLB would suffice. I'm a big Ben R fan.... but he's made as many mistakes as anyone else this year. Granted... he's not getting much time.... but he DOES hold the ball too long.... as if he's looking for the home run.... when a single will be just as good. It seems there are NO routes of less than 10 yds.... why is this? or it he isn't looking for the dump off or short gain/ Again... I'm not talking in a feelings tpe thought.... more choices based off money & the salary cap.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:26 pm

Admin wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
 You can loose games without a 100 million dollar QB too......Plus the cap space they would gain. I hope they don't, but can see the business choice if they did. Troy is in same position. His salary compared to his age... makes him  expendable too. Lamaar Woodley is another pile of cash that could be spent elsewhere. For the numbers of sacks he's getting... any average OLB would suffice. I'm a big Ben R fan.... but he's made as many mistakes as anyone else this year. Granted... he's not getting much time.... but he DOES hold the ball too long.... as if he's looking for the home run.... when a single will be just as good. It seems there are NO routes of less than 10 yds.... why is this? or it he isn't looking for the dump off or short gain/ Again... I'm not talking in a feelings tpe thought.... more choices based off money & the salary cap.
Woodley would be a great choice for a trade but his contract is pretty high and when Woodley is not playing exceptional, he looks below average IMO.  As far as Ben goes, I think he's been getting rid of the ball just fine this year.  He might do better when someone is not open to throw the ball away more or take off and run.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down