Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clean house

+2
Admin
RLON39
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Clean house Empty Clean house

Post by RLON39 Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:42 pm

With the exception of promoting Lake to defensive coordinator and giving him Farrior, Woodson, and A. Smith as assistants. Hire Chip Kelly to be the head coach and bring in an aggressive offensive philosophy.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Clean house Empty Re: Clean house

Post by Admin Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:54 pm

RLON39 wrote:With the exception of promoting Lake to defensive coordinator and giving him Farrior, Woodson, and A. Smith as assistants.  Hire Chip Kelly to be the head coach and bring in an aggressive offensive philosophy.  
 You want to clean house after EVERY loss. So many calling for Tomlins head...I get why. But remember... he doesn't block, pass, catch or run. He also doesn't play defense and watch an opposing QB run by, or play off every receiver 10 yds. I think heads need to roll, but nothing will happen until AFTER the season is over. The auditions for the 2014 coaching staff are being held rt now. Veterans on the roster should be worried too. Bottom line.....,you make the changes that you propose right now- they'd still loose more than they win the rest of the season. A lack of consistent play is the problem now. Making changes would only magnify that..
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:07 pm

Heads need to roll now...you really want them to salvage a 7 and 9 season to save Tomlin job and draft too low to get a legitimate left tackle? Play to win, with old man LeBeau as head coach and giving his understudy a chance to see if he can coordinate this defense, choosing Lake if and when he fails. There needs to be a shake up...and there needs to be one now. I say Rooney fires Tomlin and Haley, putting everyone on alert that their jobs are in jeopardy. Seriously, do you really think Tomlin manages the game anyway? I'd rather have Ben calling the plays than not make these changes.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:52 pm

RLON39 wrote:Heads need to roll now...you really want them to salvage a 7 and 9 season to save Tomlin job and draft too low to get a legitimate left tackle? Play to win, with old man LeBeau as head coach and giving his understudy a chance to see if he can coordinate this defense, choosing Lake if and when he fails. There needs to be a shake up...and there needs to be one now. I say Rooney fires Tomlin and Haley, putting everyone on alert that their jobs are in jeopardy. Seriously, do you really think Tomlin manages the game anyway? I'd rather have Ben calling the plays than not make these changes.
 You make those kinds of changes... this team will get worse...... if it is possible. you, along with a lot of others are putting TOO much blame on the head coach. he has assistant supposed to do things. It is obvious they aren't. So we should throw out Tomlin and all the assistants... start with a new staff from where? You say clean house... that's dumping it all... That will never happen as long as a Rooney owns this team.A real NFL team isn't as easy to run as a fantasy team.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:42 pm

Not as easy to run a fantasy team? What the fuck are you talking about? This is a terribly coached team and things need to change. Tomlin won a super bowl, but so did Barry fusking Switzer. Times for him to go, he's a glorified fucking cheerleader who likes to pose on the sideline in use little redundant quips. I'm sick of him.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:27 pm

RLON39 wrote:Not as easy to run a fantasy team? What the fuck are you talking about? This is a terribly coached team and things need to change. Tomlin won a super bowl, but so did Barry fusking Switzer. Times for him to go, he's a glorified fucking cheerleader who likes to pose on the sideline in use little redundant quips. I'm sick of him.
 ANYONE who advocates firing Tomlin now, obviously knows very little about pro football. NOTHING is to be gained by taking those actions now....... nothing. For those who scream for it.... they are using emotion to  dictate a business decision.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:05 pm

Admin wrote:
RLON39 wrote:Not as easy to run a fantasy team? What the fuck are you talking about? This is a terribly coached team and things need to change. Tomlin won a super bowl, but so did Barry fusking Switzer. Times for him to go, he's a glorified fucking cheerleader who likes to pose on the sideline in use little redundant quips. I'm sick of him.
 ANYONE who advocates firing Tomlin now, obviously knows very little about pro football. NOTHING is to be gained by taking those actions now....... nothing. For those who scream for it.... they are using emotion to  dictate a business decision.
AMEN!

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:26 am

captnbrojangles wrote:
Admin wrote:
AMEN!
I disagree.  And I'm a professional football critic and I agree with Rlon.  Smile

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:30 am

With this team I don't care who Rooney bring, the true talent isn't there anymore. I do agree there has been bad play calling,and bad clock management.But, mistake after mistake with the players,coaches, gm hell even the ownership is the problem that's going on now.We can blame management,but they are not dropping balls blown coverage, blocking assignments Ben holding on the ball toooooooooooooo long. Everyone on this club needs to b blame
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:03 pm

leejr wrote:With this team I don't care who Rooney bring, the true talent isn't there anymore. I do agree there has been bad play calling,and bad clock management.But, mistake after mistake with the players,coaches, gm hell even the ownership is the problem that's going on now.We can blame management,but they are not dropping balls blown coverage, blocking assignments Ben holding on the ball toooooooooooooo long. Everyone on this club needs to b blame
The coaching decisions Tomlin has been making has been a complete failure...cutting players he should have kept, bringing players in that lacked talent to replace players with good talent and drafting absolute duds.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Owl Stretching Time Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:16 pm

Well, they signed a new punter, that should solve all the problems, right?What a Face

Owl Stretching Time

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:22 pm

Owl Stretching Time wrote:Well, they signed a new punter, that should solve all the problems, right?What a Face
If he can play left tackle, then it might help us. 

The kicker should have been fired weeks ago.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:34 pm

leejr wrote:With this team I don't care who Rooney bring, the true talent isn't there anymore. I do agree there has been bad play calling,and bad clock management.But, mistake after mistake with the players,coaches, gm hell even the ownership is the problem that's going on now.We can blame management,but they are not dropping balls blown coverage, blocking assignments Ben holding on the ball toooooooooooooo long. Everyone on this club needs to b blame
 That's my point. It takes so much to build a team. it is a mix of talent, desire & coaching. No matter how hard a coach does or does not push.... it is up to the players to execute. What can a coach do when the players don't live up to their abilities? We HAVE seen what they are capable of. At very brief times they have looked good.... is that coaching or players execution? As a coach.... if I seen they were able to execute... I'd expect it all the time. You can say he can bench them.... but with the limited rosters of todays game... IE; players who are special teamers... how many options does a coach have? especially factoring in injuries. I seriously doubt that ANYONE in the Steelers organization thought Mike Adams would have played as poorly as he did. His performance affected choices far beyond what one would think. Hey... I'm NOt a Tomlin advocate rt now... but in season changes rarely bring GREAT results. This team CAN be good..... could have been great....... but they seem to not have the HEART when it comes times to play. They start off slowly and try to battle back thru mistakes and penalties..... that isn't coaching... it's players.  Even the things that DO fall onto coaching.... if those alone were fixed instantly.... this team would STILL have serious problems.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:45 pm

Admin wrote:
 That's my point. It takes so much to build a team. it is a mix of talent, desire & coaching. No matter how hard a coach does or does not push.... it is up to the players to execute. What can a coach do when the players don't live up to their abilities? We HAVE seen what they are capable of. At very brief times they have looked good.... is that coaching or players execution? As a coach.... if I seen they were able to execute... I'd expect it all the time. You can say he can bench them.... but with the limited rosters of todays game... IE; players who are special teamers... how many options does a coach have? especially factoring in injuries. I seriously doubt that ANYONE in the Steelers organization thought Mike Adams would have played as poorly as he did. His performance affected choices far beyond what one would think. Hey... I'm NOt a Tomlin advocate rt now... but in season changes rarely bring GREAT results. This team CAN be good..... could have been great....... but they seem to not have the HEART when it comes times to play. They start off slowly and try to battle back thru mistakes and penalties..... that isn't coaching... it's players.  Even the things that DO fall onto coaching.... if those alone were fixed instantly.... this team would STILL have serious problems.
A coaches responsibility is to win games.  No excuses.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:06 am

True Die,but you can't get nothing from nothing and make something.. I do blame Colbert,Tomlin for some of their draft choices.Adams wasn't worth a damn at Ohio St. DeCastro hasn't done really much.We may get ready to face it another rebuild could b on its way soon
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:26 am

leejr wrote:True Die,but you can't get nothing from nothing and make something.. I do blame Colbert,Tomlin for some of their draft choices.Adams wasn't worth a damn at Ohio St. DeCastro hasn't done really much.We may get ready to face it another rebuild could b on its way soon
This is season two of bad teams.  How many more bad seasons will Rooney's let Tomlin do before some changes?  I say if next season is like this one then at the end of next season Tomlin's gone.  If he turns it around then he'll stay.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:36 am

I agree.
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:35 pm

RLON39 wrote:With the exception of promoting Lake to defensive coordinator and giving him Farrior, Woodson, and A. Smith as assistants.  Hire Chip Kelly to be the head coach and bring in an aggressive offensive philosophy.  
I think Chip Kelly is tied up for the next few years and has yet to prove himself in the NFL.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:36 pm

Why what has Chip Kelly done? His offense was figured out after one game.

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:52 pm

Waiting on Chip,how long does Ben have? Ben isn't a spring rooster,and the punishment he has taken in this game,and the motorcycle,Ben career is winding down
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:46 pm

captnbrojangles wrote:
Why what has Chip Kelly done? His offense was figured out after one game.
Good point!

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:11 pm

DeCastro was starting to play very well, by the way, and Adams had one terrible game that will be tough to duplicate if he tries.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:15 pm

Chip Kelly had an inept Nick Foles with an over 100 QB rating and 6 TDs versus 0 INTs before he got hurt. I'd say he did something and would do something really special with Ben.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:57 pm

RLON39 wrote:Chip Kelly had an inept Nick Foles with an over 100 QB rating and 6 TDs versus 0 INTs before he got hurt. I'd say he did something and would do something really special with Ben.
 Redskins are 2-5 right?

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:19 am

Apparently Tomlin was the one who pleaded that the FO take Jason Worilds over Shawn Lee, he believed that OLB was a bigger need than ILB. That might have been true, but we a colossal screw up in draft choice.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next