Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zygi says ‘I’m sticking with my team"

4 posters

Go down

Zygi says ‘I’m sticking with my team" Empty Zygi says ‘I’m sticking with my team"

Post by JnC4GB Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:48 pm

Vikings owner Zygi Wilf not planning shakeup now, says ‘I’m sticking with my team’

Imagine the awkwardness of New Jersey-based Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf, likely having hosted friends at MetLife Stadium Monday night for Vikings at New York Giants. The luxury box he and his friends populated might have been up to the gills in lobster bisque, but watching the Vikings lose to the previously winless Giants — especially the way they lost — could have turned a few stomachs.

Amid all the questions about coaching decisions and the gameplan for the feckless Josh Freeman's first start with the team, dropping the Vikings to 1-5, have come serious concerns about the future of head coach Leslie Frazier. This is not the first time he has been on the hot seat, and it would not be the first time a head coach (Brad Childress) has been sacked on Wilf's watch.

And yet, Wilf said Thursday night, via Star Tribune's Chip Scoggins, he's staying the course. For now.

“I’m sticking with my team. That’s our team. We’re going to stick with it.”
So there you have it. The obvious follow-up would be: "For how long?"

Freeman was no good, but did he have to be out there? This was the sixth game of the season. He joined the Vikings 13 days earlier. What's the rush? If the Vikings truly were interested in winning Monday's game, they would have (a) stuck with this Adrian Peterson guy — five second-half carries, one in the fourth quarter — and (b) not asked Freeman to execute a shrunken playbook, and drop back to throw 54 times.

That's coaching. On some level, they're to blame.

There's a disconnect somewhere here. Between head coach and coordinator, coaching and scouting, front office and ownership — somewhere along the chain, things have gotten badly derailed. And the team Wilf is sticking with has gone from riding the planet's best running back in a 10-win season to playing Russian Roulette at football's most important position.

That model tends not to hold up so well in the NFL.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Zygi says ‘I’m sticking with my team" Empty Re: Zygi says ‘I’m sticking with my team"

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:16 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Vikings owner Zygi Wilf not planning shakeup now, says ‘I’m sticking with my team’

Imagine the awkwardness of New Jersey-based Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf, likely having hosted friends at MetLife Stadium Monday night for Vikings at New York Giants. The luxury box he and his friends populated might have been up to the gills in lobster bisque, but watching the Vikings lose to the previously winless Giants — especially the way they lost — could have turned a few stomachs.

Amid all the questions about coaching decisions and the gameplan for the feckless Josh Freeman's first start with the team, dropping the Vikings to 1-5, have come serious concerns about the future of head coach Leslie Frazier. This is not the first time he has been on the hot seat, and it would not be the first time a head coach (Brad Childress) has been sacked on Wilf's watch.

And yet, Wilf said Thursday night, via Star Tribune's Chip Scoggins, he's staying the course. For now.

“I’m sticking with my team. That’s our team. We’re going to stick with it.”
So there you have it. The obvious follow-up would be: "For how long?"

Freeman was no good, but did he have to be out there? This was the sixth game of the season. He joined the Vikings 13 days earlier. What's the rush? If the Vikings truly were interested in winning Monday's game, they would have (a) stuck with this Adrian Peterson guy — five second-half carries, one in the fourth quarter — and (b) not asked Freeman to execute a shrunken playbook, and drop back to throw 54 times.

That's coaching. On some level, they're to blame.

There's a disconnect somewhere here. Between head coach and coordinator, coaching and scouting, front office and ownership — somewhere along the chain, things have gotten badly derailed. And the team Wilf is sticking with has gone from riding the planet's best running back in a 10-win season to playing Russian Roulette at football's most important position.

That model tends not to hold up so well in the NFL.
I've witnessed some bad football in my day...I mean--some of those early Tampa teams were what I believed to be unprecedented--until now...  Never before have I ever seen a coaching staff produce so little from so much as I witnessed from the queens last night...

Bread anyone?  I believe we've found the circus...  Cool 

Back to top Go down

Zygi says ‘I’m sticking with my team" Empty Re: Zygi says ‘I’m sticking with my team"

Post by JnC4GB Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:39 pm

And yet I still believe the Queens will give us a game Sunday night. 
For 4 full quarters? That's another story.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:49 pm

JnC4GB wrote:And yet I still believe the Queens will give us a game Sunday night. 
This will be the game that takes the final wind out of the sails of the last remaining holdouts who haven't yet packed it in on the whole Lezbo program...  Yeah--a pro's pro like Jared Allen will still be out there busting his ass...but did you see the Lezbo's face near the end of that game last night?  Even he knows it's all over...

The queens will start out the game with a jump--just cuz it's the Pack...but the first pop to the chops will send that dog to curl up in the corner and lick it's ass...

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:35 pm

He should trade Peterson to Jacksonville for a couple more 1st rounders.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:30 pm

milani wrote:He should trade Peterson to Jacksonville for a couple more 1st rounders.
Maybe another Hershel Walker trade........this time in reverse.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:29 pm

JnC4GB wrote:And yet I still believe the Queens will give us a game Sunday night. 
They'll hang for a while. This has "play down to the level of the opponent" written all over it IMO... thus why I predicted only a 4-point win.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:51 am

MB20 wrote:
They'll hang for a while. This has "play down to the level of the opponent" written all over it IMO... thus why I predicted only a 4-point win.
For the most part this is the same team we are playing that we faced in week 17 last year that beat us at the end. Ponder will be at QB and Peterson will be in the backfield. The only real difference for us is our D- line and the fact that so many of our starters are out. Easy to believe that the Vikings will play their best game of the season with us going in there.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:36 pm

I'll be seeing the Queens on December 8th.........hopefully after another stint with the Olive Vodka girls.   GO PACK GO
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down