Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boston Strong

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Boston Strong - Page 2 Empty Re: Boston Strong

Post by George1963 Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:54 am

Matt Millen just didn't like Patrick's mouth.  So he kicked his ass.  Did you know about that at the time?

Yea, I remember that. Great stuff.
Speaking of Lucky Sperm Club owners sons, remember this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:09 pm

George1963 wrote:
To tell you the truth, I don't know who Reggie Langhorne is.

Good player. Very good return guy, competent slot guy. Think a bigger Edelman.

I can't remember the specifics and I'm having an issue that prevents me from looking it up right now, but little Bill took an instant dislike to the guy and screwed with him big time. As memory serves, bad enough that I'm sure even you'd say WTF? 
I'll find out.
Langhorne wasn't a return guy, I think I was thinking of Metcalf. Anyway he was a decent receiver who Bill decided when he was hired made too much money. Keep in mind this was pre salary cap. So he spent all summer pressuring him to redo his deal. He wouldn't. On the first day of training camp he weighed one pound over his playing weight and Bill announced that he was fined in front of everybody in the trainers room at the time including the draft pick who was a good 30 lbs heavier than he was at rookie camp. Dropped him to the bottom of the depth chart, then to the scout team. Leaked to the press that Langhorne had asked to be traded, then claimed that the reporter was lying, it must have come from Langhorne, and suspended him for a game. He badmouthed on the way out. Said his skills had deteriorated and hinted at off field things. Langhorne caught 150 balls for the Colts over the next two seasons.
It was all part of Bills "How to make enemies and alienate people" philosophy.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:18 pm

George1963 wrote: Matt Millen just didn't like Patrick's mouth.  So he kicked his ass.  Did you know about that at the time?

Yea, I remember that. Great stuff.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yes, I do remember that.  Patrick thought he was the balls because he was The Man for bringing Michael Jackson in for a show.  He was showing the world how multitalented he was.  He could be the GM of an NFL team, AND he was the next Don Law of concert promotions. 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:27 pm

George1963 wrote:
George1963 wrote:
To tell you the truth, I don't know who Reggie Langhorne is.

Good player. Very good return guy, competent slot guy. Think a bigger Edelman.

I can't remember the specifics and I'm having an issue that prevents me from looking it up right now, but little Bill took an instant dislike to the guy and screwed with him big time. As memory serves, bad enough that I'm sure even you'd say WTF? 
I'll find out.
Langhorne wasn't a return guy, I think I was thinking of Metcalf. Anyway he was a decent receiver who Bill decided when he was hired made too much money. Keep in mind this was pre salary cap. So he spent all summer pressuring him to redo his deal. He wouldn't. On the first day of training camp he weighed one pound over his playing weight and Bill announced that he was fined in front of everybody in the trainers room at the time including the draft pick who was a good 30 lbs heavier than he was at rookie camp. Dropped him to the bottom of the depth chart, then to the scout team. Leaked to the press that Langhorne had asked to be traded, then claimed that the reporter was lying, it must have come from Langhorne, and suspended him for a game. He badmouthed on the way out. Said his skills had deteriorated and hinted at off field things. Langhorne caught 150 balls for the Colts over the next two seasons.
It was all part of Bills "How to make enemies and alienate people" philosophy.

That is quite a detailed insight.  One does not get that depth of insight and behind the scenes stuff in everyday articles.  Clearly it will always be the case that BB's style works well for some, but for some others, does not work at all.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:44 pm

George1963 wrote:

LOL.  I've always used the phrase, he won "the sperm lottery".  Big car dealership guy around here stepped into the business started by his father.  He's got "Jr." after his name.  Money is not one of his concerns, and never was. 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2