Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ProFootballFocus.com player of the game

3 posters

Go down

ProFootballFocus.com player of the game Empty ProFootballFocus.com player of the game

Post by duck Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Aaron Rodgers?  Nope.  James Starks?  Nope.  James Jones?  Nope.  Cobb?  Nelson?  Shields?  Nope.  Nope.  Nope.

The player who got the highest grade was T.J. Lang.

All this talk about how shitty our line is, is simply ignorant.  We do not have a great line but it is not dog meat either.  IMHO, it's going to get even better as the players continue to adjust to the flip-flop and our two young tackles get more experience.  It reminds me a bit of when Clifton and Tauscher took over defending the edge for Favre.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

ProFootballFocus.com player of the game Empty Re: ProFootballFocus.com player of the game

Post by milani Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:15 pm

duck wrote:Aaron Rodgers?  Nope.  James Starks?  Nope.  James Jones?  Nope.  Cobb?  Nelson?  Shields?  Nope.  Nope.  Nope.

All this talk about how shitty our line is, is simply ignorant.  We do not have a great line but it is not dog meat either.  IMHO, it's going to get even better as the players continue to adjust to the flip-flop and our two young tackles get more experience.  It reminds me a bit of when Clifton and Tauscher took over defending the edge for Favre.

We are up against another strong front four this week. Considerably close to that of SF. The key to this game will be protecting ARod enough. We can't have 4-5 sacks in the first half.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

ProFootballFocus.com player of the game Empty Re: ProFootballFocus.com player of the game

Post by duck Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 pm

milani wrote:
duck wrote:Aaron Rodgers?  Nope.  James Starks?  Nope.  James Jones?  Nope.  Cobb?  Nelson?  Shields?  Nope.  Nope.  Nope.

We are up against another strong front four this week. Considerably close to that of SF. The key to this game will be protecting ARod enough. We can't have 4-5 sacks in the first half.

Chill, Milani.  We had three sacks in the first quarter against Washington as we were building a 31-0 lead.  However, that piece of shit line of ours is part of a unit that is presently #1 in the league in total offense.

Please understand that I'm NOT saying that sacks are a good thing or that there couldn't be improvements in our line play.  I'm just trying to get a perspective on things.  ALL teams allow sacks.  ALL teams have running plays that get blown up immediately.  But when you look at the stat sheet and the end of the game, the Packers seem to end up with more points and more yards than a heck of a lot of other teams.  You can't do that with a garbage offensive line.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Okay, let's take it easy here.

Should they play like they did for the last 3 1/2 quarters of the Redskins game, yeah, they'll be fine. But they're not consistent, haven't been for the overwhelming majority of MM's tenure, and are prone to stretches of absolutely horrific play.

I think this unit can improve as the season goes on. They'll get another good test this week, because Cincy gets after it.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down