Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accountaiblity from Stafford!

3 posters

Go down

Accountaiblity from Stafford! Empty Accountaiblity from Stafford!

Post by meiden Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:04 am

Article in the Detroit News with Schwartz defending Stafford's mechanics. A couple of QBs question his mechanics but Schwartz says they are "outstanding". I really hope the QBs are right and there is something that can be fixed. Stafford had some hot games and his completion percentage was up around 67% at one point this season. Lately though he has been around 50%...his last two 48 an 50 respectively. That is NOT GOOD. If he is anywhere close to 60% in those games the Lions win both even with blown calls, bad defensive series at crucial times and dropped passes/ints.

I've heard the argument that he might hit 5,000 yards again...that's a pretty low bar given the number of times he throws the ball a game and so much capital tied up in receiving options...and given the best WR in the game.

C'mon Schwartz...you won't be a top tier coach until you man up and quit apologizing for your favorite players. A little accountability is key. And before I hear yet another argument that a coach has to publicly support his players I give you my same hogwash answer I've given for years. I've coached for years and did so coaching young women who tend to be a little more in tune with their emotions then young men. I can implore them to work harder, put forth some self evaluation and improve their technique without hurting their feelings or bruising their egos. Why can't Schwartz do the same with grown men???

How about something like this to the press... "Matthew's a professional. He continues to work on his mechanics as he has noticed some slippage. With that said he is not always going to be a conventional passer and can do some things even with less than perfect mechanics that others cannot get away with. Still, he wants to improve his consistency as much as anyone and is working hard to minimize missed opportunities."

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Accountaiblity from Stafford! Empty Re: Accountaiblity from Stafford!

Post by Dawildboar Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:52 am

I've heard the argument that he might hit 5,000 yards again...that's a pretty low bar given the number of times he throws the ball a game and so much capital tied up in receiving options...and given the best WR in the game.

Mi, with the top WR in the business comes a TE that I call 50 / 50, RBs that are marginal, play calling that is questionable, a 2nd WR that's a Young Punk or a rookie just learning the ropes. When the Lions' offense trots on to the field, the opposing defense worries about 2 people, Matt and Calvin....5,000 will never be a low bar under that scenario.

C'mon Schwartz...you won't be a top tier coach until you man up and quit apologizing for your favorite players. A little accountability is key. And before I hear yet another argument that a coach has to publicly support his players I give you my same hogwash answer I've given for years. I've coached for years and did so coaching young women who tend to be a little more in tune with their emotions then young men. I can implore them to work harder, put forth some self evaluation and improve their technique without hurting their feelings or bruising their egos. Why can't Schwartz do the same with grown men???

It's starting...Love what he did to Titus, brought him back about a week or two too soon but it's a start. Most guys that get called out in the NFL are knuckleheads that are in the league for 3 years max.

How about something like this to the press... "Matthew's a professional. He continues to work on his mechanics as he has noticed some slippage. With that said he is not always going to be a conventional passer and can do some things even with less than perfect mechanics that others cannot get away with. Still, he wants to improve his consistency as much as anyone and is working hard to minimize missed opportunities."

The article that referred to Schwartz calling Stafford's mechanics "Outstanding" raised my eyebrows. Stafford gets away with poor mechanics because he has a bazooka for an arm. I can't help but think thatBetter balance and posture in the pocket would improve his performance. Just looking at it and coming up with a possible answer, I think he's aware that the defense thinks that they lock him down the lock the Lions down and that's making him feel pressure that might not be there. Matt needs to trust his line and RBs, that might take awhile.

I wouldn't be surprised with a high pick on an O-lineman and a TE, provided there's not a top tier DB available.
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:24 am

The Lions have nothing else to play for this season so why not this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down