Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jimbo sounds worried...

+2
milani
duck
6 posters

Go down

Jimbo sounds worried... Empty Jimbo sounds worried...

Post by Guest Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:43 am

Harbaugh raises concerns over talk of hitting Kaepernick
Posted by Mike Florio on September 4, 2013, 7:32 PM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] AP
Last year, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll suspected that 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by raising questions about the limits of permissible contact against receivers.  Packers coach Mike McCarthy may now suspect that Harbaugh is doing the same thing regarding the limits of permissible contact against quarterbacks.
On multiple occasions this week, Green Bay linebacker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has talked about the importance of hitting a mobile quarterback, something the Steelers did successfully last year in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
“It looks as if as long as that quarterback is carrying out that fake, he [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and rules that govern that,” Matthews told Bay Area reporters in a Wednesday conference call, via Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com.  “We’ll see the hits that are legal and what’s not legal, but we think our game plan fits within the scheme of the officials and what we want to do.”
On Tuesday, Matthews made similar remarks in an appearance on ESPN Radio.
“You do have to take your shots on the quarterback, and obviously they’re too important to their offense,” Matthews said, via Maiocco.  “If that means [coaches] pull them out of that type of offense and make them run a traditional, drop-back, pocket-style offense, I think that’s exactly what we’re going for.  So you want to put hits as early and often on the quarterback and make them uncomfortable.”
Harbaugh doesn’t care for those comments.
“You’re hearing a lot of tough talk right now,” Harbaugh said Wednesday.  “You’re hearing some intimidating type of talk — kind of things we were hearing a couple years ago.”
Harbaugh is referring, presumably, to the cartoonish remarks from former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams regarding a desire to inflict injury on members of the 49ers offensive during a January 2012 playoff game.
“[It] sounds a lot like targeting a specific player,” Harbaugh said.  “You definitely start to wonder.  A man usually doesn’t tell you his bad intentions.  You know what’s being said publicly, not what’s being said privately.  I hope their intent is not going to be anything that’s not within the rules.”
Kaepernick seems to be far less concerned.
“I’m not worried about that,” Kaepernick said. “It’s football.  You’re going to get hit.”

LOL!  Too bad their QB isn't as big a pussy as their head coach.  Good God--what Matthews was stating was just good straight talk about identifying when a QB has opened himself up to being a legitimately hittable ballcarrior running the ball and when he is essentially protected within the pocket...and Jimbo is *intimidated* by these *bad intentions*?  Maybe I should re-think my prediction...  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Jimbo sounds worried... Empty Re: Jimbo sounds worried...

Post by duck Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:01 am

_HD_ wrote:Harbaugh raises concerns over talk of hitting Kaepernick
Last year, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll suspected that 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by raising questions about the limits of permissible contact against receivers.  Packers coach Mike McCarthy may now suspect that Harbaugh is doing the same thing regarding the limits of permissible contact against quarterbacks.
On multiple occasions this week, Green Bay linebacker [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has talked about the importance of hitting a mobile quarterback, something the Steelers did successfully last year in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
“It looks as if as long as that quarterback is carrying out that fake, he [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and rules that govern that,” Matthews told Bay Area reporters in a Wednesday conference call, via Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com.  “We’ll see the hits that are legal and what’s not legal, but we think our game plan fits within the scheme of the officials and what we want to do.”
“You do have to take your shots on the quarterback, and obviously they’re too important to their offense,” Matthews said, via Maiocco.  “If that means [coaches] pull them out of that type of offense and make them run a traditional, drop-back, pocket-style offense, I think that’s exactly what we’re going for.  So you want to put hits as early and often on the quarterback and make them uncomfortable.”
“You’re hearing a lot of tough talk right now,” Harbaugh said Wednesday.  “You’re hearing some intimidating type of talk — kind of things we were hearing a couple years ago.”
Harbaugh is referring, presumably, to the cartoonish remarks from former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams regarding a desire to inflict injury on members of the 49ers offensive during a January 2012 playoff game.
“[It] sounds a lot like targeting a specific player,” Harbaugh said.  “You definitely start to wonder.  A man usually doesn’t tell you his bad intentions.  You know what’s being said publicly, not what’s being said privately.  I hope their intent is not going to be anything that’s not within the rules.”
“I’m not worried about that,” Kaepernick said. “It’s football.  You’re going to get hit.”

LOL!  Too bad their QB isn't as big a pussy as their head coach.  Good God--what Matthews was stating was just good straight talk about identifying when a QB has opened himself up to being a legitimately hittable ballcarrior running the ball and when he is essentially protected within the pocket...and Jimbo is *intimidated* by these *bad intentions*?  Maybe I should re-think my prediction...  Laughing 

I really, really like this.  Matthews and the Packers are doing exactly the right thing.  Talk intimidation.

When they hit the field they need to not only talk it but they need to deliver it.  Kaepernick needs to get slapped around.  Even if -- in fact especially if -- the hits are not precisely "legal" he needs to know that he's a target and is going to take a beating for gesturing as a runner, even if he doesn't end up toting the football.  It's worth a couple of flags and perhaps even an ejection just to convey that point to Mr. Kaepernick.

That's the best way to defend the run-read option.  Go Charles Martin on him.  Very Happy
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:23 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:Harbaugh raises concerns over talk of hitting Kaepernick

I really, really like this.  Matthews and the Packers are doing exactly the right thing.  Talk intimidation.

When they hit the field they need to not only talk it but they need to deliver it.  Kaepernick needs to get slapped around.  Even if -- in fact especially if -- the hits are not precisely "legal" he needs to know that he's a target and is going to take a beating for gesturing as a runner, even if he doesn't end up toting the football.  It's worth a couple of flags and perhaps even an ejection just to convey that point to Mr. Kaepernick.

That's the best way to defend the run-read option.  Go Charles Martin on him.  Very Happy
Laughing  I agree.  I don't like the tugjob.  He looks like a double douchebag to me.  In fact--I'd be pleased to see him carted off the field on a borderline legal hit and watch Jimbo rupture one of his nuts whining like a little bitch to the refs about it...  Johnny Jolly is who I'm trackin' for the job...  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:31 am

In fact--I'd be pleased to see him carted off the field on a borderline legal hit and watch Jimbo rupture one of his nuts whining like a little bitch to the refs about it...

Ref!  That's a cheap shot!  He can't do that!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:27 pm

duck wrote:In fact--I'd be pleased to see him carted off the field on a borderline legal hit and watch Jimbo rupture one of his nuts whining like a little bitch to the refs about it...

Ref!  That's a cheap shot!  He can't do that!!!

LOL!  Both he/his brother are a couple of little bitches.  I remember this one pansy who reminds me of him from school who thought he was hot shit because he played football, going to the teacher and whining *How come he gets all the special attention all the time around here?!*  LOL. 

Like in my profile of Jimbo--he isn't the brightest...he isn't the best--so his way of trying to level the playing field is to whine, bitch, piss/moan hoping somebody will buy into his bullshit along the way and throw his constantly aggrieved ass a bone.  Probably had a coddling mother who breast fed him into his teens...   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:59 pm

It backfires on the little bitch...  Laughing 

NFL confirms: Read-option QBs can be hit like runners
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 5, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Reuters
Players on the Packers have been talking about hitting 49ers quarterback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. But the NFL has some bad news for Harbaugh: Taking hits comes with the territory of being a read-option quarterback.
In an [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], NFL Vice President of Officiating Dean Blandino says that read-option quarterbacks can be hit like runners, even if they don’t have the ball. If a quarterback who handed off or pitched the ball is still carrying out a fake in a running posture, he can be tackled the same way he would be if he still had the ball.
“He is still treated as a runner until he is clearly out of the play,” Blandino said. “The quarterback makes the pitch, he’s still a runner — he can be hit like a runner until he’s clearly out of the play.”
Blandino noted that if the offense is running a play designed to keep the defense guessing about who’s getting the ball, it’s only fair for the defense to be allowed to tackle both players who might have the ball.
“The quarterback and the running back, they’re both treated as runners. We don’t know who has the football, we don’t know who’s going to take it, so both players are treated as runners,” Blandino said.
For all the talk of the league office protecting defenseless quarterbacks, Blandino made clear that quarterbacks are only considered defenseless in certain situations, and running the read option is not one of those situations.
“The basic concept is, the quarterback position is not defenseless throughout the down. It’s the posture he presents that will dictate his protections,” Blandino said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:46 pm

NFL teams with running QB's need to have a back up plan.  Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:59 pm

Dmounts wrote:NFL teams with running QB's need to have a back up plan.  Twisted Evil
Yup.  Jimbo's whining has just opened season on them--the fucking idiot.  The game of a whiner is predicated on ambiguity in order to succeed...and the fucknut just blew himself out of the water by demanding definition and clarity in a situation he almost assuredly stood to lose.  Now the D's he faces will be bringing the wood with the confidence the stupid phuck just gifted them...

Like I said before--he/his brother maybe split one brain in there...  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:43 pm

Listening to JH and Kaep's press conferences Wednesday I get the impression they will never be much at the podium. They say nothing intelligible in 10 or 15 minutes. Bellicheck is more exciting than they are. A far cry from Peyton or Don Shula.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:51 pm

milani wrote:Listening to JH and Kaep's press conferences Wednesday I get the impression they will never be much at the podium. They say nothing intelligible in 10 or 15 minutes. Bellicheck is more exciting than they are. A far cry from Peyton or Don Shula.
Ditka was my fav...wait a minute--this dude for the vikings was a riot!  2 out of every 5 words out of his mouth was some derivation of *Fuck* in his public press conferences...  Loved 'em!  Laughing 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:54 pm

_HD_ wrote:
Dmounts wrote:NFL teams with running QB's need to have a back up plan.  Twisted Evil
Yup.  Jimbo's whining has just opened season on them--the fucking idiot.  The game of a whiner is predicated on ambiguity in order to succeed...and the fucknut just blew himself out of the water by demanding definition and clarity in a situation he almost assuredly stood to lose.  Now the D's he faces will be bringing the wood with the confidence the stupid phuck just gifted them...

Well, as much as I dislike him in many ways, I still think Harbaugh is a good coach.  However, he fucked himself royally on this one.

Say bye-bye to the run/read option.  I hope we jack up Kaepernick good on Sunday just to underscore the point.  In fact, I'd be quite happy to see Gore rip off a 20 yard burst if #7 was getting slammed to the turf by Clay Matthews.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:04 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Well, as much as I dislike him in many ways, I still think Harbaugh is a good coach.  However, he fucked himself royally on this one.

Say bye-bye to the run/read option.  I hope we jack up Kaepernick good on Sunday just to underscore the point.  In fact, I'd be quite happy to see Gore rip off a 20 yard burst if #7 was getting slammed to the turf by Clay Matthews.
The very fact that the league just offered this ruling means that players will be instructed to test where the line is drawn and exploit the subjectivity--for almost certainly--threre will be relaxed fines and no suspensions for anything borderline over the top.  I love you  Luv ya, Jimbo...  Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by ILvLamp Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:11 pm

_HD_ wrote:
milani wrote:Listening to JH and Kaep's press conferences Wednesday I get the impression they will never be much at the podium. They say nothing intelligible in 10 or 15 minutes. Bellicheck is more exciting than they are. A far cry from Peyton or Don Shula.
Ditka was my fav...wait a minute--this dude for the vikings was a riot!  2 out of every 5 words out of his mouth was some derivation of *Fuck* in his public press conferences...  Loved 'em!  Laughing 

LOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLL!!!!!! Ahhhhhh...that was most enjoyable...it's worth another listen...lolololololol...

ILvLamp
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:24 pm

ILvLamp wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLL!!!!!! Ahhhhhh...that was most enjoyable...it's worth another listen...lolololololol...

Fucking good fucking shit.  LOL.  That's not fucking Schnelker's fucking fault.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:26 pm

This all sounds lovely, but first the D has to get to within the same ZIP code as the douchebag, which didn't happen all that often in the playoff game.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:32 pm

duck wrote:
ILvLamp wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

I don't know what it is, but I can fuckin' relate to that guy

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:33 am

MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:
ILvLamp wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

I don't know what it is, but I can fuckin' relate to that guy

Back to top Go down

Post by PackFanKnowItAll Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:11 pm

_HD_ wrote:

Err Muh GERD!!  You are SO spot on, HD!!!  God, I wish the Parkers would hire you already to take care of ALL their football related things!!  It's obvious you are SO much more advanced and smart and just a SUPER GENIUS and see things that no one else in the NFL can!!  High five, HD!!  You just KNOW that the Parkers, led by Aron Rogers and Mike Mccarthly, have those stupid farty whiners (not a typoe) solved and will CRUSH them!!!  HAHAHA!!  I hope they hurt Colperknack, because as a Parkers fan, that's what we do - wish for injury to opposing players because they DARE try to beat the Parkers!!  Well, that and the fact that our self-worth is TOTALLY tied to what the Parkers do!!  YEAH!!  High five, HD!!  Guys like us, we're the BEST, just the BEST!!! YEAH!!!
PackFanKnowItAll
PackFanKnowItAll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:27 pm

PackFanKnowItAll wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Err Muh GERD!!  You are SO spot on, HD!!!  God, I wish the Parkers would hire you already to take care of ALL their football related things!!  It's obvious you are SO much more advanced and smart and just a SUPER GENIUS and see things that no one else in the NFL can!!  High five, HD!!  You just KNOW that the Parkers, led by Aron Rogers and Mike Mccarthly, have those stupid farty whiners (not a typoe) solved and will CRUSH them!!!  HAHAHA!!  I hope they hurt Colperknack, because as a Parkers fan, that's what we do - wish for injury to opposing players because they DARE try to beat the Parkers!!  Well, that and the fact that our self-worth is TOTALLY tied to what the Parkers do!!  YEAH!!  High five, HD!!  Guys like us, we're the BEST, just the BEST!!! YEAH!!!
Have faith, PFKIA.  Someday medical science could come along and save the day and you'll no longer be compelled to substituting being a prick...for having one...  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:34 pm

“I know what the rules are, I know how they’ve been explained, but there’s still some gray area,” Harbaugh said. “When you start using words like ‘clearly’ — he clearly doesn’t have the ball — what does that really mean? I just handed off, I don’t have the ball, he’s got the ball, put your hands up? There’s a bit of a gray area there.”
Harbaugh said the rule would make more sense if it said that quarterbacks were protected in the pocket even if they’re in a running posture.
“To me, he’s a quarterback until he leaves the pocket as a running threat,” Harbaugh said. “I think it’s flawed, the way they’ve got it now.”
Harbaugh doesn’t like the idea that a quarterback who is running the read option can be hit even if he has handed off or pitched the ball.
“Treat him like a running back?” Harbaugh said. “You’re opening a license to hit him outside the strike zone. I’m entitled to my opinion, that’s why I answered the question. I think it’s flawed and I think it’s biased.”
Whether Harbaugh likes it or not, however, that’s the rule. And when Kaepernick is running the read option, he’s going to get hit.

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:02 pm

He probably should also be trying to get his MAYPO.

RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down