Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So simple yet so true...

2 posters

Go down

So simple yet so true... Empty So simple yet so true...

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Words we can all live better by...  RIP Vince  9/3/70

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

So simple yet so true... Empty Re: So simple yet so true...

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:01 pm

_HD_ wrote:Words we can all live better by...  RIP Vince  9/3/70

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A true legend.
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:05 pm

I try to instill Lombardi-isms into the young people I work with........but it doesn't seem to resonate.    Any thoughts on this problem / reality?
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:08 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:I try to instill Lombardi-isms into the young people I work with........but it doesn't seem to resonate.    Any thoughts on this problem / reality?

The problem is, they think they know everything already.  Years from now, they'll get what you were trying to say. 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:25 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:I try to instill Lombardi-isms into the young people I work with........but it doesn't seem to resonate.    Any thoughts on this problem / reality?
You've got to start young and you've got to live what you preach.  Many kids today have parents who just want to please and don't teach their children from an early age what is truly important in life--and then hold them consistently accountable to fulfilling those values.  If they start hearing this shit for the first time when they're 12--good luck.  The consumer machine by then has it's claws firmly planted and the constant messages of disposability and superficiality are left uncountered from anything earlier built deeper within...

The best families are built that way over generations of hard work...and instilling character and integrity isn't an exercise--it's instead a way of life...  Like I said--if they're 12+ and they're hearing this shit for the first time from you--in their mind they're thinking, yeah-great...when do I get my next new pair of Uggs...   Neutral 

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:27 pm

I am talking about college-degreed 22-25 year olds......engineering majors.  Most have little or no ambition to be great at work/great at their profession......despite spending 40+ hours a week at work.   Must have been that pre-12 year old stuff you are speaking of HD.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down