Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jonathan Kraft

3 posters

Go down

Jonathan Kraft Empty Jonathan Kraft

Post by George1963 Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:20 am

Here's another one who should be tied to the porch;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] president Jonathan Kraft disputed several elements of a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of former New England tight end [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], who has been charged with murder in the death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd.
Because of what he deemed factual inaccuracies, Kraft said he isn't sure how much of the article is true.

Fair enough, but he also said this;

"Here's the bottom line on the contract and everything else: In our history of owning this team, we have only signed two players who were drafted players after two years of playing. So giving them an extension, a new deal, an extension beyond their rookie deal, effectively their first free-agent contract because we do not sign players early like that. One was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and one was Aaron Hernandez.

If you make a factually inaccurate statement during an interview where you state that factually inaccurate statements render an entire article suspect, what should we make of your statements?

Tie him to the porch.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Kraft Empty Re: Jonathan Kraft

Post by guppy Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:07 pm

George1963 wrote:Here's another one who should be tied to the porch;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] president Jonathan Kraft disputed several elements of a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of former New England tight end [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], who has been charged with murder in the death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd.
Because of what he deemed factual inaccuracies, Kraft said he isn't sure how much of the article is true.

Fair enough, but he also said this;

"Here's the bottom line on the contract and everything else: In our history of owning this team, we have only signed two players who were drafted players after two years of playing. So giving them an extension, a new deal, an extension beyond their rookie deal, effectively their first free-agent contract because we do not sign players early like that. One was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and one was Aaron Hernandez.

If you make a factually inaccurate statement during an interview where you state that factually inaccurate statements render an entire article suspect, what should we make of your statements?

What's got your panties all up in a bunch this time?

What's inaccurate in JK's statement?  Did the team give someone other than Gronk and Hernandez an extension before the expiration of their rookie contract?  And JK forgot about it?   So we should tie him to the porch?

As far as what Belichick et al knew about Hernandez, no one on this earth has yet claimed that they should have known that the guy had the proclivity to commit murder.  No one, that is, unless you do.  But you would be the only one.

Everyone agrees that BB took a gamble on the guy, and that he knew AH was not a choir boy.  That's not news.  BB has taken some risks, and that is not up for debate.  He's hit on some.   He's missed on some.  HITS:  Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, Aqib Talib.  MISSES:  Albert Haynesworth, Aaron Hernandez, and maybe Alfonso Denard.

But it defies logic to say that he or they knew as much about AH's gang lifestyle as some are attributing to them.  If they knew so much about him, do you seriously think a team like the Pats, who are very careful about spending their dollars on players, would agree to give this guy an extension before his rookie contract expired?   It makes no sense whatsoever.  I thought from reading a lot of blogs, that the Pats were "cheap", "cold", "business like", "no loyalty to players", "would cut you in a second", etc., etc, etc.   Now, they give AH big money before they even have to.  If they really had any idea about his the true depth of his double life, is it even credible that they would make that kind of financial committment to a thug?  Please.  That was Jonathan's point.  A team that is so careful before they commit money and years to a player contract would do this if they had any inkling of what trouble was bubbling under the surface?  Remember when Hernandez got his money, the first thing he did was make a $50,000 donation to the Myra Kraft Foundation?  Pretty slick on his part, don't ya think?  Quite the actor.  

What really went on here, and what no one is talking enough about, is that AH WAS a good citizen for two years while in the Pats camp.  He did play the part of a good teammate.   It was not until AFTER he got his money that he began to change BIG TIME.  As time went on, he became more and more detached from his teammates.  He became more and more aloof, and slid backwards downhill, hung around with his dirt bag buddies more and more, and became paranoid more and more, so that he carried a gun everywhere.  The real explanation is:  He got his money.   And THEN he totally stabbed the organization who gave him that money, in the back.  

Tie him to the porch.

Last edited by guppy on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:39 pm

Belichick mum on report he knew Hernandez was unstable

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:11 pm

LRJets wrote:Belichick mum on report he knew Hernandez was unstable

"he knew Hernandez was unstable".  Hmmmm. 

What does that mean exactly? 

What exactly did he know?  What exactly should he have seen coming and taken steps to prevent?  What preventative steps should he have taken to stop AH from self destructing?  I'd love to hear the answer to that.

Never mind.  I don't expect anything resembling logic and common sense, so why bother?

It must be fun for you guys to throw vague and general shit out there, but not have to deal with specific facts.  Woopeee.  When did Taskforce arrive here anyway?

Some Rolling Stone article (the same magazine that put the Boston Marathon Bomber who killed and maimed people, including children, on the cover btw), used some "sources" to print that AH said to BB that he was in fear of his life, and BB told him to go lay low some place safe.  LMAO!  "Sources"?? Ya, right.  Sources = Aaron Hernandez' thug buddies.  LOL.  And you want to not only treat these "sources" like gospel, you want to take it several steps further, and put some kind of spin on it that goes even further into the Twilight Zone than the thug sources themselves were willing to go.  

Don't you love when "sources' insist that their names not be used?  Still very credible though huh?  But I suppose credibility depends on whether what they say fits your agenda, right?  Fits your agenda = credible.  Doesn't fit your agenda = not credible.

Don't you guys ever get embarrassed with your tiresome and lame mudslinging? 

I would.

I just shake my head and recall what old buddy Morm used to say, "PRICELESS!"

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:28 pm

What's inaccurate in JK's statement?  Did the team give someone other than Gronk and Hernandez an extension before the expiration of their rookie contract?  And JK forgot about it?   So we should tie him to the porch?

Just pointing out that, according to his standard, everything he said should be taken with a grain of salt.
Tom Brady, by the way. He forgot Tom Brady.

What exactly did he know?  What exactly should he have seen coming and taken steps to prevent?  What preventative steps should he have taken to stop AH from self destructing?  I'd love to hear the answer to that.

But it defies logic to say that he or they knew as much about AH's gang lifestyle as some are attributing to them.  If they knew so much about him, do you seriously think a team like the Pats, who are very careful about spending their dollars on players, would agree to give this guy an extension before his rookie contract expired?

In his first remarks after Odin Lloyd’s murder, Robert Kraft described himself as “duped” by Hernandez, saying he’d had no knowledge of his troubles. That is arrant nonsense: Every team knew him as a badly damaged kid with a circle of dangerous friends and a substance problem. Once a Patriot, Hernandez practically ran up a banner that said STOP ME! I’M OUT OF CONTROL! He’d get high all the time driving away from games, say friends of the family, “smoking three or four blunts” in the ride back to his place. He avoided all contact with teammates after practice, even among the guys in his position group, which is unheard of in the league. Since his arrest, several Patriots have called him a “loner,” saying, “No one hung with him.” Retired lineman Matt Light went a step further, telling the Dayton Daily News that he “never believed in anything Hernandez stood for.”
Instead of teammates, Hernandez built a cohort of thugs, bringing stone-cold gangsters over to the house to play pool, smoke chronic and carouse. “One of his uncles went to Boston to talk to him, and these scary-looking dudes are hanging out in his game room,” says a friend. “They wouldn’t say hi or shake his hand, and when he brought it up to Aaron, he laughed him off.”
But even before fixing his name to the deal, Hernandez raised the stakes on bad behavior. Six weeks earlier, at a Boston club called Cure Lounge, he and his crew got into a scrap with some men from Cape Verde, a bar brawl that bred two murders, police suspect. Afterward, a few blocks from the club, a silver Toyota 4Runner with license plates from Rhode Island pulled up beside the sedan carrying the Cape Verdean men. A gun came out the window of the Toyota, spraying the sedan. Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu were killed by the barrage. The Toyota sped off and went missing for months, despite a statewide search by Boston cops. It turned up a year later, undriven and caked in dust, in the garage of Hernandez’s Uncle Tito back in Bristol.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Follow us: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:17 pm

Wow...Gup...a few months ago when we began "ragging" one another, I didn't want it to get out of hand and offered to stop.  You replied and I paraphrase, "It's ok, it keeps the juices flowing that we know it's done in fun, not animosity"
Without pandering, see my posts here re: Belichick etc. I done nothing but defend him in the important matters.
Today I took license to joke a bit.
Here is the line I stole, from the glorious, non-wimpy New York Post.

It must be fun for you guys to throw vague and general shit out there, but not have to deal with specific facts. Woopeee. When did Taskforce arrive here anyway?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:25 pm

When did Taskforce arrive here anyway?

Not sure when Task arrived here.  As of last Sunday, a few days ago, he was on the Jets board as far as I know.

by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:41 am

Pretty decent rant by Rex on nfl.com when he got frustrated by continual questions about who the starting QB will be.

I don't know if its in the category of Jim Mora's "Playoffs", or

Denny Green's "They are who we thought they were",

But decent nonetheless. I enjoyed it.  <<<<<

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:27 pm

LRJets wrote:Wow...Gup...a few months ago when we began "ragging" one another, I didn't want it to get out of hand and offered to stop.  You replied and I paraphrase, "It's ok, it keeps the juices flowing that we know it's done in fun, not animosity"
Without pandering, see my posts here re: Belichick etc. I done nothing but defend him in the important matters.
Today I took license to joke a bit.
Here is the line I stole, from the glorious, non-wimpy New York Post.

It must be fun for you guys to throw vague and general shit out there, but not have to deal with specific facts. Woopeee. When did Taskforce arrive here anyway?

I'm having trouble posting.  I write out my post, and I go to hit send, and the page expires.  Its happened twice now.  I can't go through it all again.

Anyway, I'm sorry.  I like ragging and having fun.  This subject is different.  We had a murdering piece of scum on the team.  I'll be funny and lite on other subjects.  Just not this one.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:34 pm

George1963 wrote:

Just pointing out that, according to his standard, everything he said should be taken with a grain of salt.
Tom Brady, by the way. He forgot Tom Brady.

Just so you know, Jonathan Kraft is as solid as they come.  Highly educated (Williams College, Harvard Business School).  Sits on many Boards of Directors, including Children's Hospital Trust, Williams College, Pop Warner Little Scholars Inc., and Mass. General Hospital, as well as a couple of NFL committees.  I'd believe him vs. some Rolling Stone writer looking to make a splash, who used Aaron Hernandez's thug friends as "sources", correction, unnamed sources, for his story.

Its true, he did forget Tom Brady as the "other" player besides Gronk and Hernandez who the team gave a new contract to before the old one expired.  But Tom deserved it.  The year he won (not he by himself of course) the first SB, he only made $314,000 (that's what 6th round picks got).  So a raise was certainly the right thing to do.   How bout this?  Tom Brady has actually been underpaid by the Krafts for his entire Patriot career I think.  But somehow between them, they have worked it out to each other's satisfaction. 

Last edited by guppy on Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:40 pm

LRJets wrote:When did Taskforce arrive here anyway?

Not sure when Task arrived here.  As of last Sunday, a few days ago, he was on the Jets board as far as I know.

by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:41 am

Pretty decent rant by Rex on nfl.com when he got frustrated by continual questions about who the starting QB will be.

I don't know if its in the category of Jim Mora's "Playoffs", or

Denny Green's "They are who we thought they were",

But decent nonetheless. I enjoyed it.  <<<<<

The above post didn't make me Taskforce.   It made me clever and mostly accurate in rating Rex's rant good, but not in the same class as "Playoffs" and "They are who we thought they were".  Very Happy  
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Anyway, I'm sorry. I like ragging and having fun. This subject is different. We had a murdering piece of scum on the team. I'll be funny and lite on other subjects. Just not this one.

I'm the one who owes the apology.  I was as mortified, shaken up, shocked, etc. as  almost any NE fan.
Not to compete with feelings, what happened that  an American professional athlete to have likely taken a man's life, the borders of fan loyaly is dropped.        
Having said that, I can imagine it's almost like acquiring a blemish on everyone involved; (although it's nobody's fault but the murderer) team owner, front office, coaches, players, fans, etc.
I do know the entire NFL world was stricken with these feelings.

If you go back to the time of his arrest, everyone --Patriot fan or not became numbed.  It was to a degree another big shock for New England after those bastards bombed the Boston Marathon.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:44 pm

LRJets wrote:Anyway, I'm sorry. I like ragging and having fun. This subject is different. We had a murdering piece of scum on the team. I'll be funny and lite on other subjects. Just not this one.

I'm the one who owes the apology.  I was as mortified, shaken up, shocked, etc. as  almost any NE fan.
Not to compete with feelings, what happened that  an American professional athlete to have likely taken a man's life, the borders of fan loyaly is dropped.        
Having said that, I can imagine it's almost like acquiring a blemish on everyone involved; (although it's nobody's fault but the murderer) team owner, front office, coaches, players, fans, etc.
I do know the entire NFL world was stricken with these feelings.

If you go back to the time of his arrest, everyone --Patriot fan or not became numbed.  It was to a degree another big shock for New England after those bastards bombed the Boston Marathon.

When it first came out I remember posting that I was angry, and I guess I still am.  But its also embarrassing too, because he did fool a team that is somewhat "notorious" for not paying out big contracts, to pay him one.  Also, there is the fact that this was not a bottom of the roster guy who fans couldn't give two shits about.  He was a starter, and a key piece of a juggernaut offense, and was going to be for years to come.  He was actually the youngest player in the NFL last year I believe.  So that made it even more of a bigger blow. 

Again, what I truly believe is, he was a relatively good citizen for two years.  Then he got his money.  Then he immediately donated $50K to the Myra Kratt foundation.  So at that point, I'm thinking, cool, its all good (even though I thought his tatoos were ugly lol).  We're going to have the badest badass duo of tight ends in the league for the next 10 years.  Then in the snap of a finger it all went up in smoke.  In the most horrible way possible.  It really sucks.  I guess that's why, on this subject at least, my feelings are still raw.

There's going to be plenty more written on this, and talked about, and its just more humiliation because of the simple fact that he wore the uniform.  It just a distraction from football, and from all the good guys that wear that same uniform.  And that's sad.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:39 pm

There's going to be plenty more written on this, and talked about, and its just more humiliation because of the simple fact that he wore the uniform. It just a distraction from football, and from all the good guys that wear that same uniform. And that's sad.

In every walk of life, in every honorable profession there are those ,thankfully few -who do dishonor to their endeavors.  Clergy, politics, teachers, lawyers, law enforcement, you name it.
Sad, but it's part of the human condition.
We can scratch our heads and ask why....it started at the dawn of humanity and probably won't end until the demise of same.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down