Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Rumors; Jonathan Stewart Would Be Great Addition

2 posters

Go down

NFL Rumors; Jonathan Stewart Would Be Great Addition Empty NFL Rumors; Jonathan Stewart Would Be Great Addition

Post by leejr Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NFL Rumors: Jonathan Stewart Would Be Great Addition to Steelers' Backfield

By
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.](Featured Columnist) on March 24, 2012

1,440 reads

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ronald Martinez/Getty Images

The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have a void at RB with the injury to Rashard Mendenhall. They could go a long way in filling that void by acquiring [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] RB Jonathan Stewart.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of Yardbarker.com talks about the potential of the Steelers looking to add Stewart:

<BLOCKQUOTE>
The asking price for Stewart could be a low first-round to high second-rounder.

Given the current financial situation the Steelers find themselves, coupled with the need to rebuild an aging team, it’s possible that the Steelers would steer clear of having to surrender a high draft choice on Stewart. But I’d expect them to inquire as to the asking price.
</BLOCKQUOTE>
It would certainly make sense for the Panthers to move Stewart. They have DeAngelo Williams who has been signed to a huge contract (five years, $43 million), the newly signed Mike Tolbert from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and Mike Goodson.

I don't see Stewart fitting in well with all those assets and contract situations.

Is Jonathan Stewart worth a second round pick?

Yes No Submit Vote vote to see results

Is Jonathan Stewart worth a second round pick?

• Yes

50.9%

• No

49.1%
    Total votes: 434

The Steelers apparently can't depend on Mendenhall for the upcoming season. According to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of the Pittsburgh Gazette, Mendenhall isn't expected to contribute again until 2013.

Stewart rushed for 761 yards on only 142 carries last season. He has split carries throughout his career with Williams.

In the Steelers' offense, he could add a similar speed and power style that Mendenhall has provided when he's healthy.

The Steelers need to add more balance to their offense. In the past two to three seasons, they have taken their attack to the air a bit more than most Steelers fans are accustomed to.

Stewart is a good fit because he has the size and bulk to run it between the tackles. He also has good speed, which presents the opportunity for big plays. They still have Isaac Redman and big John Clay for depth, but neither are the types of players you want to settle for at RB.

Depending on the asking price, Stewart would be a nice pickup for the Steelers
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

NFL Rumors; Jonathan Stewart Would Be Great Addition Empty Re: NFL Rumors; Jonathan Stewart Would Be Great Addition

Post by RLON39 Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:05 pm

I'd do it for a 5th and a 7th, possibly as much as a 4th and 6th, but no more. The market is really cheap for RBs. Stewart would make a great third down back...I don't see him as an every down guy or even a primary back. I like a one two punch of Redman and Dwyer, we just need that third down guy, and it is difficult to know what we have in Batch, coming off an injury and having had limited rookie time in the preseason. I don't see the Steelers parting with a third or better pick for a change of pace back, especially one who has had health issues. Besides, if you look at recent deals when teams are trying to get rid of players, the draft picks given have been much lower than one would think.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

NFL Rumors; Jonathan Stewart Would Be Great Addition Empty Re: NFL Rumors; Jonathan Stewart Would Be Great Addition

Post by leejr Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:10 pm

I agree nothing more
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down