Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never play for a dink... ;)

3 posters

Go down

Never play for a dink...  ;) Empty Never play for a dink... ;)

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:51 pm

Santana Moss agrees with Shanahan on RG3
Posted by Darin Gantt on August 13, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] AP
Redskins quarterback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for preseason snaps this week, and coach [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by saying no.
And at least one player is with Shanahan on this one.
Veteran wideout [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was asked by Jarrett Bell of USA Today what he’d do if he were the coach, and Moss said he wouldn’t let Griffin play either.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],” Moss said. “No matter what he means to the team, I wouldn’t do it. Being a guy that’s all about players and the player that I’m considering, I’d have to talk to him because I know deep down inside that he wants to play.
“But he’d have to respect my authority for that decision.”
Moss said he understood and respected Griffin’s desire to come back, but as a guy who’s going into his 13th year, he understands that after all the criticism Shanahan took this offseason, the firm hand was understandable.
“As football players, we’ve got to abide by what the coaches want,” Moss said. “As competitive players, we want to do a whole lot. And I know where Robert is. He’s rare. I know it’s hard, because he wants to go out there and get into that rhythm and flow. He wants to be sharp and phenomenal like he’s going to be, anyway.
“He’s special, but Coach has to be hard on him. You don’t want that to be the cause of our season [falling apart] because you took one chance and let him play in the preseason because he wanted to.”
Perhaps more players need to be saying similar things, because for whatever reason, Griffin’s been unwilling thus far to let it go.

Two different trend lines moving in polar opposite directions, homie.  Shanahan (rightfully) took a major-league prestige hit as a NFL Head Coach (and human being) by playing RGIII in that playoff game with a a partially torn ACL until it finally severed completely, putting his whole career in jeopardy--given that the D respect for his speed is a big part of his game.  Anybody remember a guy named Culpepper?  Knee blown out--speed gone--career over.  Shanahan is now reacting to the onslaught of criticism and will be overly cautious in bringing Griffin back...  Not because of Griffin.  Not because of the team.  But because of trying to nurse Mike Shanahan's legacy as a head coach back to health...  The guy is a self-serving prick beyond standard measure.

In contrast-- the bar was set for RGIII to accelerate his return and play right from the start at a super-human level by a guy named Adrian Peterson.  Anything less now means that you are in a category somewhere south of elite.  What AP did was that significant.  He established a whole new level on the totem pole...and RGIII would like to be known as the purple Jesus of QB's.  The winner will be the guy with the authority.  Sorry Robert.  Maybe a Bishop or a Cardinal...but no Jesus for you because Shanahan doesn't want to die and go to hell after the 'skin's fans were to string him up...  Laughing  

Back to top Go down

Never play for a dink...  ;) Empty Re: Never play for a dink... ;)

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:51 pm

I live here an hear about the RG3 story, and I hear about the Ravens all the time (and about #37's complete game the other night versus the Phillies.    All I want to see at 2 wins...................TWO WINS...................one on Sept 15 and one on Oct 13.    Two wins baby..........two wins.   GO PACK GO.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:07 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:I live here an hear about the RG3 story, and I hear about the Ravens all the time (and about #37's complete game the other night versus the Phillies.    All I want to see at 2 wins...................TWO WINS...................one on Sept 15 and one on Oct 13.    Two wins baby..........two wins.   GO PACK GO.
 Sure hope we win more than just those two.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:31 pm

milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:I live here an hear about the RG3 story, and I hear about the Ravens all the time (and about #37's complete game the other night versus the Phillies.    All I want to see at 2 wins...................TWO WINS...................one on Sept 15 and one on Oct 13.    Two wins baby..........two wins.   GO PACK GO.
 Sure hope we win more than just those two.

Yeah, Milani, I think it's safe to say the Packers will finish better than 2-14.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down