Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charles Haley, Bill Parcells miss HOF*

2 posters

Go down

Charles Haley, Bill Parcells miss HOF* Empty Charles Haley, Bill Parcells miss HOF*

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:19 pm

IRVING, Texas -- The selections for induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame for Charles Haley and Bill Parcells will have to wait at least another year.

Haley and Parcells made it to the final 10 of the voting process but did not get further.

The 2012 Pro Football Hall of Fame class consists of Jack Butler, Dermontti Dawson, Chris Doleman, Cortez Kennedy, Curtis Martin and Willie Roaf.

Dallas native Tim Brown did not make it past the final 15.

Haley has been a finalist the last few years and is the only player with five Super Bowl rings. He won two with San Francisco and three with the Cowboys in the 1990s. The Cowboys had hoped that his inclusion in the team’s Ring of Honor would help his Hall of Fame case in 2012.

Haley finished with 100.5 sacks and was named to the Pro Bowl five times with two All-Pro selections.

Parcells coached the Cowboys from 2003-06 and had a 34-30 regular season record. He won two Super Bowls with the New York Giants, took New England to a Super Bowl and is the only coach to take four different teams to the playoffs.

Back to top Go down

Charles Haley, Bill Parcells miss HOF* Empty Re: Charles Haley, Bill Parcells miss HOF*

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:23 pm

ummm.. Sad I'm probably in the minority about Charles, but I was really hoping he would make it in this year

PIGLET

Last edited by piglet on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : want to add signature)

Back to top Go down

Charles Haley, Bill Parcells miss HOF* Empty Re: Charles Haley, Bill Parcells miss HOF*

Post by Niss Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:51 pm

I don't really think you're in the minority here...Charles helped a bunch when he was brought aboard. He did have some health issues that he couldn't help he was stricken with...but it never showed in how hard he worked and played every down he was out there on the field.
Niss
Niss

Back to top Go down

Post by bledsoema Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:13 am

Both will be there, soon.

bledsoema

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:34 am

bledsoema wrote:Both will be there, soon.

I sure hope so... not that worried about Parcels... he will get in soon enough, just hope it happens sooner than later for Charles

Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down