Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only a three way discussion for the most part

2 posters

Go down

Only a three way discussion for the most part Empty Only a three way discussion for the most part

Post by guppy Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:18 pm

This entire Patriots board is basically only a 3 way discussion, with an occassional 4th gracing us with her charm from time to time.  There is nobody on here but me, LR, and George.  Sheila also pops in once and awhile with nothing but positive comments btw.  I enjoy the discussions.  I enjoy the trash talk, which I have always said, if I'm going to give it when things are going good, I have to be able to take it when they go the other way.  So I do like the back and forth.  But I do regret that with only three or four people coming on here, it is limited, which makes it not as attractive.  I wish more people came over from the old board. 

I learn from everyone, and learn from reading vastly different opinions.  I'm not rigid, and I actually like it when someone forces me to rethink and re-evaluate certain things.  I don't know everything or think I'm right all the time.  I like it when I read something new and then say to myself, Hmmmm.  That's a good point I had not thought of.  That's why I hate how the term "flip flopper" is used in politics today.  If you're a "flip flopper" you're bad.  You're no good.  You're unprincipled.  You're basically scum.  I don't see it that way.  Sometimes the motivation for changing one's position is is not of good faith, but rather based on expediency, which way the winds are blowing, or whatever.  But other times a change of heart or change of mind is a good thing, because the change is a product of legitimate re-evaluation, or a legitimate looking at one's self in the mirror, and saying to yourself that maybe I haven't been correct or true all along; maybe I have to make an adjustment to my thinking or position.  To me, not only is there nothing wrong with that, but if it is based on an honest good faith re-assessment that results in a different conclusion, the person should be commended, not condemned as a no good "flip flopper".  The problem is, do we every really know a person's true motivation or reasoning when he changes position? 

Anyway, enough of that.  LR, you're alright.  George, you're (cough) OK.  lol. jk.  Sheila, you're Numero Uno.   I just wish there were more people, more diversity, and more laughs on here.  I'm seeing a trend that we're getting too serious, me included.  Not enough laughs. 

Now, in the famous words of Rex Ryan, "I'm going to go and get a snack."
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Only a three way discussion for the most part Empty Re: Only a three way discussion for the most part

Post by LRJets Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:52 pm

Anyway, enough of that. LR, you're alright. George, you're (cough) OK. lol. jk. Sheila, you're Numero Uno. I just wish there were more people, more diversity, and more laughs on here. I'm seeing a trend that we're getting too serious, me included. Not enough laughs.
-Gup

Thank you for making me "allright"  Since we have similar plumbing, guess I cannot be Numero Uno?  (And that's good!)

I post on here more than I do on the Jets board.  In all probability, if this board were stocked with Pats fans as the AOL boards were, I'd doubt if I'd be here as often.  With what happened to the Jets since those boards, the demeanor of some Pats fans.....it would be one constant fight.
(But, if I had to pick one person to be in that "Foxboro hole" with me, it would be George!)

On to a more serious note-- it never ceases to amaze me when a person is monumentally "set for life", and just blows it. 
Aaron Hernandez went from the New England Patriots to the Latin Kings!  How sad is that?
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Only a three way discussion for the most part Empty Re: Only a three way discussion for the most part

Post by guppy Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:53 pm

LRJets wrote:
I post on here more than I do on the Jets board. 

I consider that a compliment LR, since I'm the only one here.  You must find some of my posts half way interesting enough to warrant a reply.  Either that, or I'm the only New Engalnd Patriot-related target that you, as a Jets fan, can direct your slings, arrows, and Tuck Rule pics to.  

And there is also a third senario where you might feel compelled to post here.  And that would be in response to the slings and arrows I throw New York's way, which you, as a staunch and proud New Yorker, cannot take lying down.
   In fact, I need a pick-me-up, and I'm in the mood to do just that right about now. 

So here.  Take this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now, you aren't gonna let some Baaastin punk like me get away wth this are you?  LOL

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:40 pm

Gup...Thanks for your compliment. It's a pleasure to smack talk with you knowing we both don't mean to be vile or vicious.

Now...I can never be upset when an "X" is sent my way. Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now, you aren't gonna let some Baaastin punk like me get away wth this are you? LOL
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down