Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greg Jennings Part II

4 posters

Go down

Greg Jennings Part II Empty Greg Jennings Part II

Post by MB20 Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So, apparently there is an $8 million/year contract on the table for him right now that if he had half a fucking brain in his head he'd have jumped all over. Personally, I don't think he's worth that kind of money- he doesn't show up nearly enough. Way too many games like yesterday where he's practically a ghost.

But to me, it's another example of what I'm finding to be an alarming developing trend in TT- massively overpaying (or at least being willing to massively overpay) his own pending free agents. Burnett hasn't even made a dent in terms of beginning to earn that huge contract he got last offseason. Tramon Williams hasn't been worth his contract. Neither has Hawk (either time) or Brad Jones. Personally, I think even Clay is overpaid for as good as he is. He was about to fork over $10 mil to Jennings, and that would have been a disastrous decision. I think giving this kind of money to Raji would be another huge mistake. It's just another reason why I don't like the direction this team has taken over the past couple of years. Too much money being thrown around to guys on a unit that fucking stinks. How is the defense, or the team, ever going to get better with deals like this?

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Greg Jennings Part II Empty Re: Greg Jennings Part II

Post by ffaralli Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:18 pm

Why that fat fuck!

The nerve of him, 8 mil per year.

Get lost, Fatty, don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Give Jolly a raise, resign Pickett and draft some other fat slob in the first or second round to replace him.

I'm glad he won't take it.....now we can get someone cheaper and hungrier (to play I mean).

FF

PS to use a quote from the movie Ghostbusters when the secretary, Annie Potts, asked for a raise. "I'm sure someone with your skills will have no trouble finding a job in the hotel management or food service industries."

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:20 pm

MB20 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So, apparently there is an $8 million/year contract on the table for him right now that if he had half a fucking brain in his head he'd have jumped all over. Personally, I don't think he's worth that kind of money- he doesn't show up nearly enough. Way too many games like yesterday where he's practically a ghost.

But to me, it's another example of what I'm finding to be an alarming developing trend in TT- massively overpaying (or at least being willing to massively overpay) his own pending free agents. Burnett hasn't even made a dent in terms of beginning to earn that huge contract he got last offseason. Tramon Williams hasn't been worth his contract. Neither has Hawk (either time) or Brad Jones. Personally, I think even Clay is overpaid for as good as he is. He was about to fork over $10 mil to Jennings, and that would have been a disastrous decision. I think giving this kind of money to Raji would be another huge mistake. It's just another reason why I don't like the direction this team has taken over the past couple of years. Too much money being thrown around to guys on a unit that fucking stinks. How is the defense, or the team, ever going to get better with deals like this?
Good questions.  No clear answers here.

Before the season began I would have said we need Raji for sure.  He's been the big slab of beef in our DL for a long time.  And of course we all remember how we reacted when TT let Jenkins go.

As the article points out, TT has some tough decisions to make.  Shields, James Jones and EDS are all scheduled to become free agents and there's only so much money left in Green Bay's coffers now.

I think the issue with our defense is not so much the calibre of the players, because we have some talent there.  Seems like the drafts are always tilted towards defensive players.  We just need a fresh approach on how to use the players we've got.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:20 pm

I just ripped on Raji in another topic thread, so I hear ya, man.
The problem is Pickett is near done...TT lets Raji go, who the hell do we have that fill these roles? 8 mill a year for 3 years sounds pretty do-able. It's certainly not outrageous money for a pretty decent 26-year old DT --which is why Raji is holding off. Unlike Greg Jennings, he WILL get a better offer. And as disappointing as Raji has been, he'd be an awesome addition to a really good DL...a last piece of the puzzle if you will. For instance, he may have had a poor game versus the Giants, but I bet they'd LOVE to put him in between Tuck and Pierre-Paul.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:21 pm

$13M is what the last reported offer was to Jennings on the eve of free agency.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:32 pm

JnC4GB wrote:

The problem is Pickett is near done...TT lets Raji go, who the hell do we have that fill these roles? 8 mill a year for 3 years sounds pretty do-able. It's certainly not outrageous money for a pretty decent 26-year old DT --which is why Raji is holding off. Unlike Greg Jennings, he WILL get a better offer. And as disappointing as Raji has been, he'd be an awesome addition to a really good DL...a last piece of the puzzle if you will. For instance, he may have had a poor game versus the Giants, but I bet they'd LOVE to put him in between Tuck and Pierre-Paul.
I don't think $8M for Raji is out of line.  That's less than they've been wasting on Tramon Williams since he got the big payday. The guy stays healthy and generally does his job of eating up blockers to help the LB's stay clean.  He's probably having his least notable season this year--but we've got to remember, his big year was 2010 when he played a different position--NT--and that's much more of a playmaker position.  He's a pure blocker-eater now and doesn't even play on 3rd down--in the nickle or dime--so doesn't really get the opportunity to get the sexy stats.  I expect they'll move him back to NT if they retain him after Pickett leaves and you'll again see him on the highlight reel.  It's very, very hard to find big men who can move their feet like that...

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:43 pm

_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

I don't think $8M for Raji is out of line.  That's less than they've been wasting on Tramon Williams since he got the big payday. The guy stays healthy and generally does his job of eating up blockers to help the LB's stay clean.  He's probably having his least notable season this year--but we've got to remember, his big year was 2010 when he played a different position--NT--and that's much more of a playmaker position.  He's a pure blocker-eater now and doesn't even play on 3rd down--in the nickle or dime--so doesn't really get the opportunity to get the sexy stats.  I expect they'll move him back to NT if they retain him after Pickett leaves and you'll again see him on the highlight reel.  It's very, very hard to find big men who can move their feet like that...

He's got some pass catching ability too.  I say we put him in our secondary and get rid of both our safeties.  Smile
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:58 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

He's got some pass catching ability too.  I say we put him in our secondary and get rid of both our safeties.  Smile
Ron Wolf once said it's like the whore in the bedroom, gourmet chef in the kitchen and lady on the street--when you find a big man who can move his feet--you never let 'em go...  Wink   I expect Raji to be retained and he has shown every indication he wants to remain.  He got that contract offer months ago.  The fact that the Pack has strategically chosen to leak that info now suggests they're at an impasse and, of course, time is on Raji's side--so the Pack needs to change the dynamic of the negotiations...

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:06 am

_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:

That, too, is an excellent point. I definitely don't think he's being used to the best of his capability (shocking that Capers wouldn't figure out how to best maximize a prime asset), so maybe a change in coordinators could really help him, too.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down