Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revis Part 2?

4 posters

Go down

Revis Part 2? Empty Revis Part 2?

Post by NY JETS1 Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:52 am

I heard that there's a chance that the Bucs release him. We know Rex loves him and the Jets have the money. 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Revis Part 2? Empty Re: Revis Part 2?

Post by LRJets Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:20 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:I heard that there's a chance that the Bucs release him. We know Rex loves him and the Jets have the money. 

Yes Rex loves him, yes they have money.  They also have Idzik.  'Nuff said.
Except, I'd rather see that money get a good TE and another player.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:38 pm

LRJets wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:I heard that there's a chance that the Bucs release him. We know Rex loves him and the Jets have the money. 

Cutler is off the free agent board, I know that you're happy about that. lol TE might come through the draft. Looks like the money might go to WR's. More good news. Millner is named NFL Defensive Rookie of the month of December. I said weeks ago that it was too early to give up on that kid. 
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:24 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:
LRJets wrote:

Cutler is off the free agent board, I know that you're happy about that. lol TE might come through the draft. Looks like the money might go to WR's. More good news. Millner is named NFL Defensive Rookie of the month of December. I said weeks ago that it was too early to give up on that kid. 
Milliner improved greatly.  Hope his morale for the off-season motivates him.  Decker  will be a FA and wants tons of money.  I'd rather have a Boldin and his consistency. I want Revis on the TB roster. It means a 3rd round pick instead of a 4th.  Cutler? Yep he won't be pouting in Met Life!   Smile 
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:20 am

NY JETS1 wrote:
....Millner is named NFL Defensive Rookie of the month of December. I said weeks ago that it was too early to give up on that kid. 

He still has a long way to go. He was beaten on the Mike Wallace TD and even though he had three INTs in the last two games, they came against the Browns (lost seven in a row) and the Dolphins (after beating NE impressively, had a huge let down against Buff. and blew a playoff berth with everything on the line against the Jets.) What I saw all season was a guy who gave up much too much leeway to receivers, was out of position constantly and had no idea where the ball was most of the time. Remember, this is a first round pick, so he can't just be average, he has to be good. If he improves to "good" next year, I'll be impressed.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlerman422 Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:43 pm

I heard that they will release Revis soon. Then they will resign him. That way they will not owe the Jets a draft pick, because they released him. No

bowlerman422

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:58 pm

bowlerman422 wrote:I heard that they will release Revis soon. Then they will resign him. That way they will not owe the Jets a draft pick, because they released him. No
Nope.  Even the "Tanny Jets" were not that stupid.  If 
Revis is on the roster, Jets get a third round pick.  If off the roster, a 4th round pick.  Many transactions in the NFL are conducted with conditional draft picks involved.  I  have never heard of any team temporarily removing the player in mind and play the shell game with said player.  A bit low to do such a thing.  
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlerman422 Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Hey LR. Thanx for setting me straight. I either misunderstood or the guy on TV got it wrong. I am glad that you straigtened it out for me.

bowlerman422

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:24 pm

bowlerman422 wrote:Hey LR. Thanx for setting me straight. I either misunderstood or the guy on TV got it wrong. I am glad that you straigtened it out for me.
Not a problem.  Good seeing you here. Come back. Your contributions are worthwhile.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:29 pm

LRJets wrote:
bowlerman422 wrote:Hey LR. Thanx for setting me straight. I either misunderstood or the guy on TV got it wrong. I am glad that you straigtened it out for me.
Not a problem.  Good seeing you here. Come back. Your contributions are worthwhile.   
The following comes from today's Jet Blog.com

Brian Bassett, TheJetsBlog.com
We aren’t writing about this because we are holding out any hope that Revis would ever come back to the Jets — that ship has sailed. Woody Johnson was not fond of Revis’ brinksmanship in
 If the Bucs keep Revis on the roster after the third day of the new league year then the Jets get a third-round pick instead of a fourth-rounder as the final part of compensation from last April’s trade between the Bucs and Jets. As the Jets look to rebuild their offense, there’s a number of talented skill players that could fall out of the second round and might be prime pickings for the Jets at Tampa’s third round pick.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down