Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aaron Hernandez

+2
guppy
~Sheila~
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Aaron Hernandez Empty Aaron Hernandez

Post by ~Sheila~ Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:23 am

Seems like he is in a bit of trouble!  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Aaron Hernandez Empty Re: Aaron Hernandez

Post by guppy Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:23 am

Obstruction of Justice or Interfering in a Police Investigation at a minimum.  Both are felonies.  If its worse than that then his life is over. 

If he threw away everything that Kraft and Belichick did for him because of a stupid gang mentality that he could not walk away from, and let these low life "hangers on" still hang around with him, then Number 1, he's an idiot, and Number 2, its just sad to see someone who had everything throw it away because of temper or whatever.  I'll wait and see where the evidence takes us, but its not looking good for the young man.  Lets let the facts come out, but it may be that he never steps on the field again. 

By the way, his tatoos all over his arms are friggin ugly.  Same with other athletes with ink all over them.  Its gross.  Turns me off.  Even though I know it is wrong, I do make negative judgments about people if they have tatoos all over them.  A small understated tatoo in an unconspicuous place I have no problem with.  But when tatoos cover basically everything, they look to me like they belong in freak show.  Just my opinion.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:32 am

~Sheila~ wrote:Seems like he is in a bit of trouble!  

Its all kinds of fun being a make believe wannabe gangtsa douche until it gets real. Prison's gonna love this punk.
My twin's a state cop up there and I talked to him this morning. He's not involved in this but he's heard things and while I'm not sure how much I can say because I'm not sure how much is public at this moment, with 51 years in law enforcement between us this kid might be the biggest moron either of us has ever heard of.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Hope I am wrong, these athletes think they are untouchable no mater how many times they have been proven wrong, I think its just about time to put a fork in him and its not only sad for the victim but also the families on both sides of the coin, these athletes have the whole world around them and still they just cant keep their lives in order.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:43 pm

guppy wrote:Obstruction of Justice or Interfering in a Police Investigation at a minimum.  Both are felonies.  If its worse than that then his life is over. 

If he threw away everything that Kraft and Belichick did for him because of a stupid gang mentality that he could not walk away from, and let these low life "hangers on" still hang around with him, then Number 1, he's an idiot, and Number 2, its just sad to see someone who had everything throw it away because of temper or whatever.  I'll wait and see where the evidence takes us, but its not looking good for the young man.  Lets let the facts come out, but it may be that he never steps on the field again. 

By the way, his tatoos all over his arms are friggin ugly.  Same with other athletes with ink all over them.  Its gross.  Turns me off.  Even though I know it is wrong, I do make negative judgments about people if they have tatoos all over them.  A small understated tatoo in an unconspicuous place I have no problem with.  But when tatoos cover basically everything, they look to me like they belong in freak show.  Just my opinion.

I agree with you in each area you touched on, however I dont see anything wrong with tattoos /piercings unless they are all over your face neck and so fourth I have 5 tattoos myself & no piercings & never will , everyone has the right to do whatever with their bodys but for the most part the public has a right to their opinions as well and doing it when you are young and still no clue what you want to do with your life not many jobs are available when going in for an interview no mater what your qualifications and or experience.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:01 pm

wyckedheart8 wrote:
guppy wrote:Obstruction of Justice or Interfering in a Police Investigation at a minimum.  Both are felonies.  If its worse than that then his life is over. 

I agree with you in each area you touched on, however I dont see anything wrong with tattoos /piercings unless they are all over your face neck and so fourth I have 5 tattoos myself & no piercings & never will , everyone has the right to do whatever with their bodys but for the most part the public has a right to their opinions as well and doing it when you are young and still no clue what you want to do with your life not many jobs are available when going in for an interview no mater what your qualifications and or experience.

I am basically saying the same thing you.  People can do whatever they want with their bodies - absolutely.  There is nothing wrong with tatoos done in good taste.  (The ultimate in BAD TASTE in tatoos is Charles Manson putting a Nazi swastika in the middle of his forehead.)  I am only talking about what my own personal opinion is of the tatoos that are completely covering major body parts.  Hernandez's tatoos completely cover ALL of BOTH arms.  My personal opinion of that type of body "art" is that it is unattractive, period.  Thats my personal opinion of his specific tatoos.   I think taking it to that extreme comes from a gang mentality.  On the other hand, that is not true in all cases I'm sure.  I understand many, many people may think its cool.  Again, to each his own.  I simply have a different opinion regarding the asthetics of it, which ordinarily I would keep to myself, but I guess I let it out today.  To me its not attractive.  But hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:26 pm

George1963 wrote:

Its all kinds of fun being a make believe wannabe gangtsa douche until it gets real. Prison's gonna love this punk.
My twin's a state cop up there and I talked to him this morning. He's not involved in this but he's heard things and while I'm not sure how much I can say because I'm not sure how much is public at this moment, with 51 years in law enforcement between us this kid might be the biggest moron either of us has ever heard of.

George, I didn't know (1) you had a twin, (2) he is a Mass. statie, (3) you also are/were in law enforcement.  Interesting.  What's your job if you don't mind me asking?

I don't think its "all kinds of fun being a make believe wannabe gangsta" -- unless you're a half wit, which apparently, this guy must be if he's still into that garbage even a little bit.   

You think Kraft and Belichick are just a little furious right now?

People were making fun of BB for stocking up on so many tight ends.  Now maybe we should criticize him for not stockpiling enough of them.  LOL.  They're dropping like flies.  Unless...........you thinking what I'm thinking?.......... "The Pats are facing third and eight.  Brady in the shotgun.  He drops back two steps.  He looks.  He  fires.  He's got Tim Tebow, and Tebow carries two men an extra six yards before he goes down and easily gets the first down."    Tim Tebow signing is BB always preparing for the unexpected.  Whatdaya think?  LOL.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:06 pm

The team I belong to is called a "tribe".  Our customs do not allow for any tatoos, except  ones with numbers involuntarily placed on left arms 70 years ago.

Anyway, when I see the Heat's Birdman and some others with tats climbing up their necks ala Alan Iverson , it reminds me of wearing the same shirt everyday.  A bit much IMO. 

Michael Jordan was the ultimate athlete/businessman.  Without any tats, no one can be disuaded to use him for any endorsement.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:09 pm

George, I didn't know (1) you had a twin,

Almost my whole life. My Father and my two oldest kids are twins too.

(2) he is a Mass. statie,

Only job he's ever had. After the Navy I mean.

(3) you also are/were in law enforcement.  Interesting.  What's your job if you don't mind me asking?

Retired from the Las Vegas police.

I don't think its "all kinds of fun being a make believe wannabe gangsta" -- unless you're a half wit, which apparently, this guy must be if he's still into that garbage even a little bit.

Fooled 'em into a big contract though, didn't he?  

I'm sure, but they have nobody to blame but themselves. The cap implications when this guy is suspended, cut, whatever happens are ridiculous.

BTW, let's not forget there's a dead guy here.

Last edited by George1963 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:16 pm

by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yesterday at 6:06 pm
The team I belong to is called a "tribe".

Tough set. I'm particularly impressed by how they even strap their ladies.

Pretty bad-ass.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:07 pm

George1963 wrote:

Fooled 'em into a big contract though, didn't he?  

Apparently.  What a disappointment.  Or shock is more like it.

I'm sure, but they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Ya, stupid them for giving a guy a chance and thinking he will straighten up and fly right.  Perhaps they were inept for totally misreading this 23 year old individual.  And perhaps they jumped the gun on giving him an extension.  However, they did have him under their roof for two years when they extended him, and he had been nothing but a model employee during that time.  He even teared up when he was awarded his contract, and of course said all the right things.  I'm sure they thought they had a pretty good read on him.  For Kraft and Belichick, this is no doubt a shock coming out of left field that blindsided them. 

From the fans' perspective, many Pats fans are very upset.  Their bottom line take is, "You gave this guy the money because he's 23.  But you wouldn't pay Wes Welker because he's 31.  F%#king brilliant.  How'd that work out for ya?" 

The cap implications when this guy is suspended, cut, whatever happens are ridiculous.

That sucks.

BTW, let's not forget there's a dead guy here.

No one is.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:38 am

Tough set. I'm particularly impressed by how they even strap their ladies.

Or teachers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:48 am

LRJets wrote:Tough set. I'm particularly impressed by how they even strap their ladies.

Or teachers.

I wonder if it would be as hard in Israel to get a background check law that makes perfectly good common sense passed as it is here?  Or should we just sell high magazine assault rifles out of Walmart to every high schooler who walks through the door, because not to do so would in some twisted way of thinking be offensive to the Second Amendment? 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:25 am

I wonder if it would be as hard in Israel to get a background check law that makes perfectly good common sense passed as it is here? Or should we just sell high magazine assault rifles out of Walmart to every high schooler who walks through the door, because not to do so would in some twisted way of thinking be offensive to the Second Amendment? 

As you know there are too many factions here that opposes just about anything.  A lot of common sense things are hard pressed to be passed here because of various interest groups. 
Topping the list is the ACLU. 
I'm not a gun person, but I do know all these recent random gun attacks in public were not done by NRA members, but by pure nut jobs.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:24 am

I wonder if it would be as hard in Israel to get a background check law that makes perfectly good common sense passed as it is here? Or should we just sell high magazine assault rifles out of Walmart to every high schooler who walks through the door, because not to do so would in some twisted way of thinking be offensive to the Second Amendment? 

As you know there are too many factions here that opposes just about anything.  A lot of common sense things are hard pressed to be passed here because of various interest groups.

Which common sense things were you talking about Lloyd?
The one that would require me to get a background check on my son before giving him a gun as a gift? The one that would require him, as a combat veteran, to show that the VA didn't consider him too "mentally defective" to possess a gun? The one that would require any mental health professional that he might be seeing to share his diagnosis with the government?
There's so much "common sense" around this issue.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:52 am

George1963 wrote:

The one that would require me to get a background check on my son before giving him a gun as a gift?

So I say, what's wrong with that?  Is going through the background check procedure so offensive to his  - or anyone's -- "rights" that we, as a free society simply can't allow it?   In the name of common sense, can't we trade off some "rights' for some security that the background check would provide?  What's the problem with that?  I say too bad about a little inconvenience before getting a gun.  Like a driver's license, it is not a right, so much as a privilege to own a gun IMO.  BTW, there are guns in my house.  I believe most NRA members are good people.  But I think the NRA's former president and new president are complete wack jobs.  The new guy blames gun control efforts ont the "war of Northern aggression".  What a joke.  You can't say something like that, and also be mentally stable.  You simply can't.  He also said "its only a matter of time before we own colored people again."  For real.  Its no joke.   Hey NRA, lets have it your way.  Lets just arm every single person in America.  Then we'll be truly safe, right?  Fucking neanderthal wack jobs.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:26 am

The one that would require me to get a background check on my son before giving him a gun as a gift?

So I say, what's wrong with that?  Is going through the background check procedure so offensive to his  - or anyone's -- "rights" that we, as a free society simply can't allow it?

My son. I'd have to run a background check on my son. Required by law. You don't see anything friggin' brain dead about that?

Just out of curiosity, I think it would be a good idea to run a background check, have a mental health screening, and require a 7 day waiting period for anyone who wanted an abortion.
I also think there should be a national registry of anyone who seeks one.

Any thoughts?

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:08 pm

George1963 wrote:Which common sense things were you talking about Lloyd?

So I say, what's wrong with that?  Is going through the background check procedure so offensive to his  - or anyone's -- "rights" that we, as a free society simply can't allow it?

My son. I'd have to run a background check on my son. Required by law. You don't see anything friggin' brain dead about that?

Absolutely not.  And that is the point.  I don't understand why being ultra pro-gun means you have to totally flip out because you're required to wait a day or few while a background check is done.  OMG, its the end of the world.  A background check.  Wow.  Big friggin deal.  The argument can be made the other way too.  Its brain dead NOT to do background checks.....even for your son.   I think the NRA leadership (not rank and file membership) are very dangerous people.

Not getting into a debate about abortion, a completely different subject that implicates completely different moral principles than gun ownership does.  A totally different animal which would takes us down a road I don't care to go.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:16 pm

Hey Sheila, you started this thread, and then we haven't heard from you.  See all the trouble you caused?  Smile
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:32 pm

George1963 wrote:

Her rifle looks like its the type that is used for sport.  Maybe she felt she didn't need a high capacity military style assault rifle to take down game in Alaska.  Good for her.  She also probably went through a background check, and while doing so, probably didn't complain or cry about her "rights" being violated.  She just went through the process.  Then she got her rifle.  Probably never said, "Wow that background check was such an unbelieveable hassle.  I feel so violated."  

There are "rights".  And then there are "privileges".  Like a driver's license, I think owning a gun is a privilege you earn by showing you are qualified because you are of good character, and not a repeat criminal, and a background check will help establish that.  Some may call that position radical.  Oh well, like I really care what those people think.   
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:04 pm

Her rifle looks like its the type that is used for sport.  Maybe she felt she didn't need a high capacity military style assault rifle to take down game in Alaska.  Good for her.  She also probably went through a background check, and while doing so, probably didn't complain or cry about her "rights" being violated.  She just went through the process.  Then she got her rifle.  Probably never said, "Wow that background check was such an unbelieveable hassle.  I feel so violated."  

There are "rights".  And then there are "privileges".  Like a driver's license, I think owning a gun is a privilege you earn by showing you are qualified because you are of good character, and not a repeat criminal, and a background check will help establish that.  Some may call that position radical.  Oh well, like I really care what those people think.   

Oh, ok. You think a constitutionally guaranteed right is a "privilege". That clears up a lot.

That .22 squirrel gun that fake Sarah has by the way, has at least 2 of the cosmetic features that would make it a banned "military style assault weapon" under Feinsteins law. Yea, cosmetic. They want to ban guns that are scary looking.

2 things;
Slippery slope Gup. They start small. A lot of them want all guns banned altogether. Some of them are even honest enough to say so
and
They, like you, have no idea what the second amendment was meant for. Or what the Supreme Court has held on it over the years.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:22 pm

George1963 wrote:Her rifle looks like its the type that is used for sport.  Maybe she felt she didn't need a high capacity military style assault rifle to take down game in Alaska.  Good for her.  She also probably went through a background check, and while doing so, probably didn't complain or cry about her "rights" being violated.  She just went through the process.  Then she got her rifle.  Probably never said, "Wow that background check was such an unbelieveable hassle.  I feel so violated."  

Oh, ok. You think a constitutionally guaranteed right is a "privilege". That clears up a lot.

I guarantee you, if we could go back and talk to the authors of the Second Amendment, and they saw what was happening in today's society, they would say, "We didn't mean the words we wrote to stand for what those NRA leaders claim they mean."  Where in the Constitution does it say "Congress shall make no law that allows law enforcement authorities to require background checks"?  Where does it say that?  Furthermore, answer me this:  What are licenses for?  Are licenses for Rights, or are they for Privileges?  Do we issue licenses for the right to be free of unreasonable searches and seizures (4th Amemdment - constitutionally guaranteed right)?  No.  Do we issue licenses for the right to vote or the right to worship as we please?  No.  These are "rights", and therefore no license is required. 

Now, do we issue licenses to own guns?  YES.  Why?  I thought licenses are only issued for privileges, like driving a car or a boat, or practicing law or medicine.  If you don't do those things responsibly your license can be taken away.  Why have gun licenses?  Why?  Because its a PRIVILEGE IMO. Thats why.

Also, the Second Amendment says, "A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."  I would point out one key word in that Amendment:  "regulated".   What does "regulate" mean?  It means its not open ended.  There are necessary controls from time to time.  We "regulate" things.  Its only reasonable to do so.  That includes guns, imo.  They should be regulated.  That includes background checks.   Otherwise, why don't we just return to the Wild West.  Lets all us  -  everybody -- walk around with guns on our holsters.  Every American.  All 300 million.   Hey, its "constitutionally guaranteed", right? 

That .22 squirrel gun that fake Sarah has by the way, has at least 2 of the cosmetic features that would make it a banned "military style assault weapon" under Feinsteins law. Yea, cosmetic. They want to ban guns that are scary looking.

2 things;
Slippery slope Gup. They start small. A lot of them want all guns banned altogether. Some of them are even honest enough to say so
and
They, like you, have no idea what the second amendment was meant for. Or what the Supreme Court has held on it over the years.

I beg to differ.  The "slippery slope" argument is complete B.S.  That is nothing but a scare tactic that I never buy into.  "Its a slippery slope" is designed to scare, nothing more.  Its a false argument.  Don't fall for it.   Hey, you know what's a "slippery slope"?  Putting our pictures on our passports.  Yup.  I can't believe we are required to do that.  How infringing on our right to privacy.  You know what's next?  They are going to make us give DNA samples to prove we are the same person whose picture is on our passports.  Yup, its a slippery slope alright.  And then the next thing is that we are going to be required to all wear GPS bracelets so they can track us 24/7.  Its only a matter of time.   Slippery slope you know.

I thought being from a law enforcement background, you would favor common sense background checks.  Don't background checks make the lives of cops easier and safer?  What?  Are you worried  that what will happen is "First background checks.  Next 'they' (whoever 'they' are) will be so emboldened by that law that 'they' are going to take away our 'scary' looking guns"?  Please.  Save that argument for the uneducated yahoos who easily fall prey to simplistic scare tactics.  

You know so much about what the Second Amendment was "meant for", tell me why is the word "Militia" in there?  What "Militia" are "they" referring to?

Again, what the radical pro-gun nut jobs do is change the argument and change the issue.  They deflect.  That's their real talent and real strength.  The issue is not, I repeat, not, taking away people's guns.  I don't believe the guns that are in my house as I type this are gonig to be taken away.  "They" are never going to do that, and that is simply never, ever going to happen.  The issue is about some common sense regulation of a dangerous instrumentality, that has, with advances in technology, become so much greater in firepower than the authors of the Second Amendment could have ever imagined when they wrote that right into our Constitution 222 years ago.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:35 pm

George1963 wrote:

"Right" = Granted by the Constitution (eg. vote, worship, assemble, speak freely, etc.).  NO LICENSE REQUIRED.

"Privilege" = Granted by governing authorities after proving one is qualified to exercise such privilege (eg. driving, practicing law, medicine, etc).  LICENSE REQUIRED.

Owning a gun = LICENSE REQUIRED.

Ergo:

Owning a gun = PRIVILEGE.

You do not have to ask to exercise a right. 

You do have to ask to exercise a privilege. 

I'm pleased to have clears things  up. 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:12 pm

George:

There are many common sense things which are either ignored or not passed.
Do you think NRA members commit many street crimes?  There are places you can buy legal firearms without even an adequate waiting period.  Oughta be a law.
Don't you think showing proof of a photo ID for voting isn't a common sense law that should be passed when you need photo ID  to return something at the supermarket or to pick up a prescription?
It goes on.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:22 pm

Geez. If somebody said I didn't know what I was talking about I'd make an effort to find out what I was missing. You still don't know what the second amendment is about. Not surprising. There's a lot of people in this country who like it that way. Do a little research. It'll be as easy as googling second amendment framers intent. He'll, just look at Wikipedia, I'm sure they'll have examples of what the people who put the thing in there wrote that they meant it for. Not what I say or what the NRA says or what Rush Limbaugh says and certainly not wha "constitutional scholar" Barak Obama says but what the guys who wrote the friggin' thon wrote that they meant it for. Then maybe you'll know that what some people are trying to do to it, and the first, fourth and tenth amendments as well, is exactly what the framers were trying to prevent by including it. 
Don't feel bad about not knowing what one amendment means though. Not knowing what the whole thing means is something to feel bad about.
Where in the constitution does it say that the federal government can't mandate background checks?
Besides the second amendment, pretty much the whole idea of it says they can't. If it doesn't say they can, they can't. Tenth amendment backs that up.
Btw, in case you're interested, their clever work around on that is the very weak idea that the commerce clause gives them the right, which opens up a whole other discussion and would have had the founders howling.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next