Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4th round targets

Go down

4th round targets Empty 4th round targets

Post by RLON39 Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:53 am

My 4th round prediction is Shamarko Thomas. The other of the below top 3 options will likely be gone. I'm hoping Shamarko remains.

Wow, there remain some really good fits for the Steelers on the board. I hope one of them lasts:

1. Shamarko Thomas S - This guy is simply one of my favorites, and I prefer him over Phillip Thomas due to his speed and explosiveness - missile. He immediately upgrades special teams/coverage units.

2. Phillip Thomas S - This is a nice backup plan for Shamarko, but he's likely to go before him and not be available to the Steelers. Love his ball skills...

3. Jesse Williams DT - This guy, like McLendon, is capable of playing the nose or the five technique. I see him as a better NT option than McLendon, and a great option if Taamu doesn't play up to his potential. With Hood moving on after the season, and Kiesel aging, this would be a great pickup to provide depth and versatility for years to come.

4. John Simon LB - Where is the guy who said he'd go in the first two rounds now? Anyway, this would be an interesting option, if the Steelers feel he can play inside in the 3-4. Like Jarvis Jones, he is simply a football player.

5. Barret Jones OL - I like him in the 4th, but would do cartwheels if we got him in the 5th. You draft this versatile interior guy, and sign Starks, you finally have a level of depth and talent that can withstand injury. The talent and health weakness of the Steeler line is probably the biggest reason why they don't have at least two more super bowls. They patch the line together, but then one injury destroys what they developed, and Ben becomes prone.

6. Khaseem Green LB - An interesting replacement for Spence, or at least what they were intending when the took Spence.

Later - S Duke Williams, LB Niko Johnson, and Althlete Dernard Robinson would be interesting options, but not before consideration in the 5th.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

4th round targets Empty Re: 4th round targets

Post by RLON39 Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:41 pm

My God, what a great move to get Shamarko, giving up a 3rd next year when they know they will have multiple high comp picks. Unfortunately, Barrett Jones went before their original foruth rounder, and for some reason, they took Landry Jones, a pick I will never understand with Phillip Thomas, Jesse Williams, and Khaseem Green still on the board...

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down