Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why a QB in Round Two?

2 posters

Go down

Why a QB in Round Two? Empty Why a QB in Round Two?

Post by guppy Sat May 10, 2014 11:46 am

... when there's no immediate need for one?

Brady's the  man for at least 4 more years. 

I don't get it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Why a QB in Round Two? Empty Re: Why a QB in Round Two?

Post by LRJets Sat May 10, 2014 11:52 am

Yeah, and the pick doesn't even have one torn ACL!
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat May 10, 2014 12:13 pm

LRJets wrote:Yeah, and the pick doesn't even have one torn ACL!

I know.  He loves to gamble on guys coming off injuries, be they Free Agents or Draftees.  It doesn't always work.  Adrian Wilson never took a snap in a NE uniform.  Gronk?  How's that working out?  Forget the Panther's Ron Rivera as "The Riverboat Gambler", when the real gambler is BB.   Junior Seau?  Randy Moss?  Remember he tried John Lynch at the end of his career? Fred Taylor from the Jaguars?  Sammy Morris?  The list goes on. 

The writers must love it.  It gives them lots of storylines to write about.  

Its unbelievable the audience the draft is getting.  Its outdoing the basketball and hockey playoffs combined.  Incredible.

Love the Browns fans.  Totally psyched for "Johnny Cleveland".

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat May 10, 2014 1:58 pm

guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:Yeah, and the pick doesn't even have one torn ACL!

Its unbelievable the audience the draft is getting.  Its outdoing the basketball and hockey playoffs combined.  Incredible.

Agreed! Football is becoming a 12 month sport.    I remember last year how empty the month of June was  football-wise.  No OTAs, camp not open, not many arrests, nothing.
Problem is...as the season comes around, so do new birthdays. Sad 

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat May 10, 2014 5:59 pm

LRJets wrote:

Agreed! Football is becoming a 12 month sport.    I remember last year how empty the month of June was  football-wise.  No OTAs, camp not open, not many arrests, nothing.

LOL.  My solution is that two years ago I started counting backwards on my birthday.  Every year my age goes down one. 

About the off season, I think the Jets, Bills and Dolphins have all gotten better.  Talk radio in Beantown says the Jets made good picks and definitely improved themselves. 

The Pats will be challenged for the division.  Thank goodness they improved on defense with Revis and Browner.  They couldn't stop anybody on third down last year.

I also loved the way the NY fans lustily booed Willie McGuinist when he announced the Pats second pick while wearing a Patriots sweater.  The loudness of the boos were the ultimate compliment. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun May 11, 2014 6:16 am

guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:

I also loved the way the NY fans lustily booed Willie McGuinist when he announced the Pats second pick while wearing a Patriots sweater.  The loudness of the boos were the ultimate compliment. 

Gup, statistically speaking, these post-acne "Jets fans" were not a true sample.  These are kids whose mothers gave them permission to get on the subway from the Bronx or Brooklyn, or even the L.I.R.R. (Long Island RailRoad) to come to Radio City.  If I were there, I'd just judge the picks of the teams . I think McGuinist is cool as I see him on the NFL Network.  When the cameras panned the street outside Radio City, I saw the Green Bay version of Jets fans, and the Eagles version, and yes, the NE version.  All these kids are high-hoping, spirited and who think their team is #1.  (Aren't we all are in May?).

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun May 11, 2014 8:42 am

LRJets wrote:
guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:

Gup, statistically speaking, these post-acne "Jets fans" were not a true sample.  These are kids whose mothers gave them permission to get on the subway from the Bronx or Brooklyn, or even the L.I.R.R. (Long Island RailRoad) to come to Radio City.  If I were there, I'd just judge the picks of the teams . I think McGuinist is cool as I see him on the NFL Network.  When the cameras panned the street outside Radio City, I saw the Green Bay version of Jets fans, and the Eagles version, and yes, the NE version.  All these kids are high-hoping, spirited and who think their team is #1.  (Aren't we all are in May?).

Its an opportunity to hoot, holler, yell, scream and whoop it up.  Its like a party. I don't blame anyone one bit for having some fun.  Its not an environment requiring gentile manners, its a time to let loose and let your rival have it.  Gotta love the passion.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down